Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 91 to 96 of 96
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    80

    My Two Cents...

    HI Y'all! Newbie here.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Western Union Telegram

    To: Jehovah-Yahweh
    Care: Celestial Hotel (Suite #666)
    Presidential Tier, Paradise

    Dear God;
    This is to inform you that your current position as diety is herewith
    TERNMINATED due to GROSS INCOMPETENCE incompetence STOP Your check will be mailed STOP
    Please do not use me for a reference

    Respectfully,

    Your Most Excellent GODDESS SATURATED SAINT!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    Religion to some degree I think is an expression and projection of mankind's abhorrence of the "dog-eat-dog" world he lives in and witnesses daily.

    Thomas Paine said "if you want to know God don't waste your time studying the Bible which is a spurious book, study Nature and you will know God." (And how right he was right.)

    Darwin "correctly observed" life is about the struggle of the species. There is no right, no wrong, in the animal and plant kingdoms as each organism contends with others to survive and reproduce itself. Millions of life forms are born each day, plant and animal, human, and millions are killed and devoured by other life forms. The living can live only by consuming another living organism. Nature reveals a brutal world without any concept of right or wrong.

    Down through the ages caring, reflective men and women have been appalled by this and have sought an escape from this reality by creating a "Fantasy-World" that never existed, a world where man "LIVES IN UTOPIAN PEACE" without fear of his fellow man or wild animals killing and devouring him.

    Fundamentalist Christian Intolerance is alive and well in America.

    Now you know why for over the past 100 years millions of Christians, Jews and Muslims have no knowledge that Adam and Eve are "fictional characters and recasts of still earlier fictional characters[!!!], Enkidu and Shamhat of "The Epic of Gilgamesh" believed to have been composed circa 2000 B.C., a later copy being found by archaeologists at Ur of the Chaldees in ancient Sumer where Abraham once lived according to the Bible; Shamhat's urging Enkidu to eat the food he initially balked at in the edin being recast as Eve urging Adam to eat forbidden food in Eden.

    Genesis' motifs are simply recasts of Mesopotamian beliefs and notions.

    That is to say that today Jews, Christians and Moslems are slaughtering and killing each other in the Middle East and elsewhere (Europe, Asia and Africa) over "a recast Sumerian myth about man's creation" by Sumerian gods to work in thier city-gardens located in the midst of the edin. I have often wondered why it is that the world is ignorant of this research published well over 100 years ago.

    What a shame that the much of world does not know the truth, that the Genesis story about the Garden of Eden is a myth and a later recast of motifs appearing in a much earlier composition, the Epic of Gilgamesh.

    WHAT AN UNJUST BURDEN OF GUILT HAS AFFLICTED MAN, "BUT ESPECIALLY WOMAN[!]", over the past 4000 years for the believers in the myth of the Garden of Eden: Jew, Christian, and Muslim. What a shame that today Jews, Christians and Moslems are killing each other because of these myths and "WHAT A SHAME THAT WOMANKIND HAS BEEN MARGINALIZED AND TYRANNIZED" by this Adam and Eve NONSENSE not only in the past but the present as well.

    It's "DEPRECATION OF WOMEN'S SPIRITUALITY AND EXCLUSION" of women from positions of religious authority.

    Just think, had the Epic of Gilgamesh never been composed, perhaps the story of Adam and Eve as recasts of Enkidu and Shamhat would never have been composed too. And What a difference this would might have made for the world over the past 4000 years, to be "free" of this NONSENSE.

    Man still "loves, cares, displays tenderness, seeks the welfare of others": wife, hearth, home, children, parents, community. Can man survive without "imaginary gods" who supposedly are the source of absolute "knowledge of good and evil" (right and wrong) via divine revelations to pious men and women?

    Pehaps only time will tell...

    To me personally, Christian Fundamantalism is basically paganism badly reworked over with some VERY NASTY "FLESH-HATING" Manichaeism mixed and thrown in for good measure. Both of them (Luther and Calvin) placed too much emphasis and pathological-obession on perceptions of dualism, and the body-desires of the flesh and matter-hatred. Absolutely and patholgically-obsessed with the flesh-body, all sexual matters and on specific parts of the body, which is pathological and mentally-ill in my humble opinion.


    I do venerate the Goddess. There is no Goddess but Goddess and She is Your GODDESS!

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    East of West!
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hello Mystykal,

    The Golden Rule is the principle of knowing how to treat people and what violates their human rights.
    What is universally applicable about the Golden Rule is that all people know what violates their own human rights, so they can apply the same standard to every other human on the planet. What I am specifically speaking of is how humans are treated by others and how we know when that treatment is immoral.




    The one thing that all people share is their HUMANNESS. That is what the Golden Rule is all about, treating others as you wish to be treated and not violating their human rights. My focus is totally on equal human rights and how we know if we are violating another persons human rights.





    If the people of the tribe in New Guinea were presented with the principle of the Golden Rule, of course they would know that it is wrong to kill other humans to eat their flesh. Would any one of those New Guinea tribal members want another tribe to come and kill them or their family members and eat them? Of course NOT! Like I have said over and over again ... what violates one persons humans rights, equally violates another persons human rights and is immoral. WE ARE ALL HUMAN.

    Take care,
    Rose
    Hi Rose:

    If the people of the tribe in New Guinea were presented with the principle of the Golden Rule, of course they would know that it is wrong to kill other humans to eat their flesh. Would any one of those New Guinea tribal members want another tribe to come and kill them or their family members and eat them? Of course NOT! Like I have said over and over again ... what violates one persons humans rights, equally violates another persons human rights and is immoral. WE ARE ALL HUMAN.

    I don't think that your conclusion is correct... You say that the cannibals would not want their families eaten but I do not think that is always so...

    How about gay marriage? See this idea that you say that all people know these things is the point which I disagree with. Do you think that all gay people should have marriage rites like heterosexuals - as if they heterosexuals would not be happy if their right to marry is nullified as well.? I really do not think that you can get a consensus on these topics as easily as you pretend to make it.

    Namaste,

    Mystykal
    Last edited by Mystykal; 02-09-2014 at 05:07 PM.
    Mystykal

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,829
    Quote Originally Posted by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777 View Post
    HI Y'all! Newbie here.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Western Union Telegram

    To: Jehovah-Yahweh
    Care: Celestial Hotel (Suite #666)
    Presidential Tier, Paradise

    Dear God;
    This is to inform you that your current position as diety is herewith
    TERNMINATED due to GROSS INCOMPETENCE incompetence STOP Your check will be mailed STOP
    Please do not use me for a reference

    Respectfully,

    Your Most Excellent GODDESS SATURATED SAINT!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hey there SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777,

    Welcome to our forum!



    Your name makes me think that you have an interest in Thelemic Magick, of the kind put forth by Aleister Crowley. Is that correct?

    Your introductory epistle to Yahweh is pretty "spicy." You sound like someone with an opinion. That bodes well for some interesting conversation.

    Quote Originally Posted by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777 View Post
    Religion to some degree I think is an expression and projection of mankind's abhorrence of the "dog-eat-dog" world he lives in and witnesses daily.
    I don't see the connection. Religion began as a response by ignorant primitive humans to the mysteries of existence. Like children who think their parents are all powerful and all knowing, so ignorant humans projected their sense of agency onto a "super person" who made everything. They had no other explanation.

    Quote Originally Posted by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777 View Post
    Thomas Paine said "if you want to know God don't waste your time studying the Bible which is a spurious book, study Nature and you will know God." (And how right he was right.)

    Darwin "correctly observed" life is about the struggle of the species. There is no right, no wrong, in the animal and plant kingdoms as each organism contends with others to survive and reproduce itself. Millions of life forms are born each day, plant and animal, human, and millions are killed and devoured by other life forms. The living can live only by consuming another living organism. Nature reveals a brutal world without any concept of right or wrong.
    I agree with Thomas Paine, but your reference to Darwin makes no sense to me. Non-human animals have no "morality" because they don't have the faculties required for moral agency. A moral agent is defined as any being able to make moral judgments and be subject to them. Moral agents must possess two faculties. They must be self-aware else they could not make judgments with respect to their own actions and so could not be held responsible. And in as much as moral judgments are stated as propositions, they must have a faculty of language. which is required if we are to develop a moral philosophy. I discuss this at length in my article Why Most Animals are Not Philosophers: Fatal Flaws in Dr. Craig's Moral Argument for God.

    Quote Originally Posted by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777 View Post
    Down through the ages caring, reflective men and women have been appalled by this and have sought an escape from this reality by creating a "Fantasy-World" that never existed, a world where man "LIVES IN UTOPIAN PEACE" without fear of his fellow man or wild animals killing and devouring him.
    The fact that those "caring, reflective" human animals evolved contradicts the idea that nature could not account for morality. From my perspective, morality is a natural aspect of what it means to be a rational being. I explain this in two articles. The main argument is presented in an article called The Logic of Love: A Natural Theory of Morality and the second article is called Morality is Objective, Like a Pair of Scales: Another Fatal Flaw in Dr. Craig's Moral Argument for God.

    Quote Originally Posted by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777 View Post
    Fundamentalist Christian Intolerance is alive and well in America.
    Well ain't that a fact!

    Quote Originally Posted by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777 View Post
    That is to say that today Jews, Christians and Moslems are slaughtering and killing each other in the Middle East and elsewhere (Europe, Asia and Africa) over "a recast Sumerian myth about man's creation" by Sumerian gods to work in thier city-gardens located in the midst of the edin. I have often wondered why it is that the world is ignorant of this research published well over 100 years ago.
    Too true.

    Quote Originally Posted by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777 View Post
    WHAT AN UNJUST BURDEN OF GUILT HAS AFFLICTED MAN, "BUT ESPECIALLY WOMAN[!]", over the past 4000 years for the believers in the myth of the Garden of Eden: Jew, Christian, and Muslim. What a shame that today Jews, Christians and Moslems are killing each other because of these myths and "WHAT A SHAME THAT WOMANKIND HAS BEEN MARGINALIZED AND TYRANNIZED" by this Adam and Eve NONSENSE not only in the past but the present as well.

    It's "DEPRECATION OF WOMEN'S SPIRITUALITY AND EXCLUSION" of women from positions of religious authority.
    I couldn't agree more. I explain my point of view in an article called The Inextricable Sexism of the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777 View Post
    Just think, had the Epic of Gilgamesh never been composed, perhaps the story of Adam and Eve as recasts of Enkidu and Shamhat would never have been composed too. And What a difference this would might have made for the world over the past 4000 years, to be "free" of this NONSENSE.
    Well, if it weren't one thing it probably would have been another. I'm just glad we made it far enough to being to think for ourselves and to realize that the old religious superstitions were just that - superstitions.

    Quote Originally Posted by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777 View Post
    Man still "loves, cares, displays tenderness, seeks the welfare of others": wife, hearth, home, children, parents, community. Can man survive without "imaginary gods" who supposedly are the source of absolute "knowledge of good and evil" (right and wrong) via divine revelations to pious men and women?

    Pehaps only time will tell...
    You bet they can! Morality is completely natural. It is based on what it means to be a rational being. It has nothing to do with any god or gods.

    Quote Originally Posted by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777 View Post
    To me personally, Christian Fundamantalism is basically paganism badly reworked over with some VERY NASTY "FLESH-HATING" Manichaeism mixed and thrown in for good measure. Both of them (Luther and Calvin) placed too much emphasis and pathological-obession on perceptions of dualism, and the body-desires of the flesh and matter-hatred. Absolutely and patholgically-obsessed with the flesh-body, all sexual matters and on specific parts of the body, which is pathological and mentally-ill in my humble opinion.
    I agree very much, but I wouldn't blame Luther and Calvin. There were fairly true to the traditions they received. The "blame" lies with the ignorant primitive traditions that were accepted as the "inerrant and infallible Word of God."

    Quote Originally Posted by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777 View Post
    I do venerate the Goddess. There is no Goddess but Goddess and She is Your GODDESS!
    Well, the Goddess seems every bit as "superstitious" as any other god. Are you using it as a metaphor?

    Again, it's great to have you present your points of view. I look forward to discussing them with you.

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    Hi Rose:


    I don't think that your conclusion is correct... You say that the cannibals would not want their families eaten but I do not think that is always so...
    Hello Mystykal,

    Now you are just being silly. No rational human would want their family members, or themselves killed and eaten!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    How about gay marriage? See this idea that you say that all people know these things is the point which I disagree with. Do you think that all gay people should have marriage rites like heterosexuals - as if they heterosexuals would not be happy if their right to marry is nullified as well.? I really do not think that you can get a consensus on these topics as easily as you pretend to make it.

    Namaste,

    Mystykal
    Most of the people who oppose gay marriage do so for religious reasons, because they think their god has decreed that homosexuality is sinful. It is a basic human right to choose the partner with which you want to live in a marriage relationship with.

    I am not saying that it is easy to get people to agree on what is or is not moral, but if the question is posed as an issue of shared humanness then all rational people must agree that whatever violates their own humanness, also violates all other persons humanness as well.

    Take care,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    80

    Yes Richard. I'm using the "Goddess" basically as a metaphor. I should've clarified

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Hey there SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777,

    Welcome to our forum!



    Your name makes me think that you have an interest in Thelemic Magick, of the kind put forth by Aleister Crowley. Is that correct?

    Your introductory epistle to Yahweh is pretty "spicy." You sound like someone with an opinion. That bodes well for some interesting conversation.


    I don't see the connection. Religion began as a response by ignorant primitive humans to the mysteries of existence. Like children who think their parents are all powerful and all knowing, so ignorant humans projected their sense of agency onto a "super person" who made everything. They had no other explanation.


    I agree with Thomas Paine, but your reference to Darwin makes no sense to me. Non-human animals have no "morality" because they don't have the faculties required for moral agency. A moral agent is defined as any being able to make moral judgments and be subject to them. Moral agents must possess two faculties. They must be self-aware else they could not make judgments with respect to their own actions and so could not be held responsible. And in as much as moral judgments are stated as propositions, they must have a faculty of language. which is required if we are to develop a moral philosophy. I discuss this at length in my article Why Most Animals are Not Philosophers: Fatal Flaws in Dr. Craig's Moral Argument for God.


    The fact that those "caring, reflective" human animals evolved contradicts the idea that nature could not account for morality. From my perspective, morality is a natural aspect of what it means to be a rational being. I explain this in two articles. The main argument is presented in an article called The Logic of Love: A Natural Theory of Morality and the second article is called Morality is Objective, Like a Pair of Scales: Another Fatal Flaw in Dr. Craig's Moral Argument for God.


    Well ain't that a fact!


    Too true.


    I couldn't agree more. I explain my point of view in an article called The Inextricable Sexism of the Bible.


    Well, if it weren't one thing it probably would have been another. I'm just glad we made it far enough to being to think for ourselves and to realize that the old religious superstitions were just that - superstitions.


    You bet they can! Morality is completely natural. It is based on what it means to be a rational being. It has nothing to do with any god or gods.


    I agree very much, but I wouldn't blame Luther and Calvin. There were fairly true to the traditions they received. The "blame" lies with the ignorant primitive traditions that were accepted as the "inerrant and infallible Word of God."


    Well, the Goddess seems every bit as "superstitious" as any other god. Are you using it as a metaphor?

    Again, it's great to have you present your points of view. I look forward to discussing them with you.

    Richard

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Hey there SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777,

    Welcome to our forum!



    Your name makes me think that you have an interest in Thelemic Magick, of the kind put forth by Aleister Crowley. Is that correct?

    Your introductory epistle to Yahweh is pretty "spicy." You sound like someone with an opinion. That bodes well for some interesting conversation.


    I don't see the connection. Religion began as a response by ignorant primitive humans to the mysteries of existence. Like children who think their parents are all powerful and all knowing, so ignorant humans projected their sense of agency onto a "super person" who made everything. They had no other explanation.


    I agree with Thomas Paine, but your reference to Darwin makes no sense to me. Non-human animals have no "morality" because they don't have the faculties required for moral agency. A moral agent is defined as any being able to make moral judgments and be subject to them. Moral agents must possess two faculties. They must be self-aware else they could not make judgments with respect to their own actions and so could not be held responsible. And in as much as moral judgments are stated as propositions, they must have a faculty of language. which is required if we are to develop a moral philosophy. I discuss this at length in my article Why Most Animals are Not Philosophers: Fatal Flaws in Dr. Craig's Moral Argument for God.


    The fact that those "caring, reflective" human animals evolved contradicts the idea that nature could not account for morality. From my perspective, morality is a natural aspect of what it means to be a rational being. I explain this in two articles. The main argument is presented in an article called The Logic of Love: A Natural Theory of Morality and the second article is called Morality is Objective, Like a Pair of Scales: Another Fatal Flaw in Dr. Craig's Moral Argument for God.


    Well ain't that a fact!


    Too true.


    I couldn't agree more. I explain my point of view in an article called The Inextricable Sexism of the Bible.


    Well, if it weren't one thing it probably would have been another. I'm just glad we made it far enough to being to think for ourselves and to realize that the old religious superstitions were just that - superstitions.


    You bet they can! Morality is completely natural. It is based on what it means to be a rational being. It has nothing to do with any god or gods.


    I agree very much, but I wouldn't blame Luther and Calvin. There were fairly true to the traditions they received. The "blame" lies with the ignorant primitive traditions that were accepted as the "inerrant and infallible Word of God."


    Well, the Goddess seems every bit as "superstitious" as any other god. Are you using it as a metaphor?

    Again, it's great to have you present your points of view. I look forward to discussing them with you.

    Richard

    Thank You so much for the Kind Welcome.

    Yes, i'm using the "Goddess" as basically a Metaphor. I should've clarified that. Yeah, I you're are also correct in regards to Luther and Calvin. Both of them were nursed with the milk of their Mother. (You make a good point there!)

    First of all, I actually don't have any interest in Thelema or ceremonial magick at all. Let me explain how I came up with Sophia-Baphomet777 thing. I associate the Sophia and the number 7 with the Goddess. Now I was thinking of the Greek word SOPHIA (WISDOM) and BAPHOMET popped into my mind. I seemed to have recalled a connection there.

    It was the Sophia-Baphomet as per the Atbash cipher theory,

    With the Atbash Cipher: Alef Yud Pe Vav Shin = SOPHIA
    The word Baphomet: Taf Mem Vav Pe Bet = BAPHOMET

    The word Sophia that translates into "Wisdom" in English. Well then, in my mind I interpreted Sophia-Baphomet as Wisdom-Head or "Head of Wisdom"

    The "Tree of Life" also came to mind in regards to the the number 7. I just simply counted the other Sephiroth below Binah and came up with the 7 on my own. It was really that simple.

    Hence, the Binah (Sophia,Wisdom) as Baphometic (Head) and the Seven (7) other Sephiroth or Numerations.

    As for the 777, the truth of the matter is that I borrowed the concept of Thelema triplicate 777 zig-zag lightning-flash down the Tree of Life. That's all. Actually, I had no idea about until I read about the 777 association with the Tree of Life.

    So, I thought it was actually kind of cool and decided to use it in my User Name. And there you have it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •