Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paradoxes

Quote Originally Posted by rdelmonico View Post
    I have no dog in this fight, only curiosity.
    Ed Fredkin thinks cellular automaton provides the best clue as to what is going on.
    Michio Kaku is the champion of string theory. Interesting note, the Hebrew sages from many centuries ago discovered in the Torah a description of the universe or creation having 11 dimensions. I would have to research this to give further details.
    Brane theory is an extension of string theory.
    Jim Gates' discovery of error correcting code (adinkras) is also connected to string theory.
    Nassim Haramein is the champion of the Fractal-Holographic theory.
    Research is being done to determine whether or not space/time is smooth and continuous or quantized.
    By analysing the light from gama ray bursts, we may be able to detect the graininess, or lack there of, in space/time.
    The most recent data is pointing to a smooth and continuous model.

There are many strange things coming down the road.
    It does not look like we will be given much more time to figure this stuff out.
    Ancient Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times".
    Thanks for this and previous posts. I do not think we should lose too much time considering every man-made theory. Salvation has always been on offer by God and has not depeneded upon man knowing how God created the universe.
    Life is short and we only have one life-time to find the answer to eternal salvation.
    Here is some advice we are given:

1. James 4:14 For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

2. Deut 10:12 what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

3. Eccl 12:1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

4. Eccl 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

5. Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

All the best
    David

ok

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Thanks for this and previous posts. I do not think we should lose too much time considering every man-made theory. Salvation has always been on offer by God and has not depeneded upon man knowing how God created the universe.
    Life is short and we only have one life-time to find the answer to eternal salvation.
    Here is some advice we are given:

1. James 4:14 For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

2. Deut 10:12 what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

3. Eccl 12:1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

4. Eccl 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

5. Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

All the best
    David
    Understood

If righteousness = purity and light = energy and God is righteousness and also light then God is pure energy where entropy (times arrow pointing down) can not exist.
    My people parish for lack of knowledge? Wisdom, the application of knowledge?

Still watching Job series.
    Thanks
    Rick
    Last edited by rdelmonico; 01-04-2014 at 07:56 AM. Reason: add to
    There is a minimal level of dignity that should be afforded to all.
    No-one is above anyone else.
    No-one cares what you know unless they know that you care.
    Winning an argument and losing a friend is not (in my humble opinion) winning.

Understood

If righteousness = purity and light = energy and God is righteousness and also light then God is pure energy where entropy (times arrow pointing down) can not exist.
    My people parish for lack of knowledge? Wisdom, the application of knowledge?

Still watching Job series.
    Thanks
    Rick
    Thanks Rick. I am watching the series again. I look forward to your review of it if you care to give one. Like reading the Bible, the more comes out each time I read it and put more thought into it. The speaker puts forward his suggestions. If you have better suggestions, I am open to hearing them in order to get to the very best, which is as close to the truth as possible.

God is greater than his Creation. God cannot be constrained by his Creation. Maybe this single Universe contains all the the energy there is and we cannot see it. If it seems infinite to us, yet closed, God is in control nevertheless. God's control cannot be explained by science. Science has little it can control by comparison. Not only is God the source of all energy making up the Universe, God is the intelligence, which is in everything that demonstrates intelligent design.

All the best

David

PS. There is much more evidence presented in the book the speaker has produced on the Exposition of the Book of Job. If you do not want to buy the book, you can read it for free on Google books. This information comes out in one of the later parts in the series.

main point

Thanks Rick. I am watching the series again. I look forward to your review of it if you care to give one. Like reading the Bible, the more comes out each time I read it and put more thought into it. The speaker puts forward his suggestions. If you have better suggestions, I am open to hearing them in order to get to the very best, which is as close to the truth as possible.

God is greater than his Creation. God cannot be constrained by his Creation. Maybe this single Universe contains all the the energy there is and we cannot see it. If it seems infinite to us, yet closed, God is in control nevertheless. God's control cannot be explained by science. Science has little it can control by comparison. Not only is God the source of all energy making up the Universe, God is the intelligence, which is in everything that demonstrates intelligent design.

All the best

David

PS. There is much more evidence presented in the book the speaker has produced on the Exposition of the Book of Job. If you do not want to buy the book, you can read it for free on Google books. This information comes out in one of the later parts in the series.
    From what I gather so far, the main point seems to be:
    Be still and KNOW that I AM God. There is the "I AM" (unconstrained).
    The knowledge promised in the garden vs the knowledge offered by God.

Hello Rick
    You got the point as I did. God said to Moses (Exodus 3:14); And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. The point is; God said; I AM and the words are not constrained by what comes after them. God does not say; "I am <insert words here>". God is not constrained by any words that would limit him.

Jesus said (John 14:6); I am the way, the truth, and the life: This is one of the many "I am ..." statements said by Jesus. All the " I am ..." statements said by Jesus have constraints.

All the best
    David
    Last edited by David M; 01-04-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Here is a list of Physics paradoxes produced by rdelmonico which I have copied from another thread.
    Archimedes paradox
    Aristotle's wheel paradox
    Babinet's principle
    Bell's spaceship paradox
    Black hole information paradox
    Bootstrap paradox
    Bootstrap paradox in fiction
    Carroll's paradox
    Denny's paradox
    Ehrenfest paradox
    Elevator paradox
    EPR paradox
    Fermi paradox
    Fluctuation theorem
    Gibbs paradox
    Painlevé paradox
    Predestination paradox
    Predestination paradoxes in popular culture
    Rietdijk–Putnam argument
    QGrandfather paradox
    Gravitational singularity
    Greisen–Zatsepin–Kuzmin limit
    Hydrodynamic paradox
    Hydrostatic paradox
    Klein paradox
    Ladder paradox
    Levinthal's paradox
    Lombard's paradox
    Loschmidt's paradox
    Mpemba effect
    Olbers' paradox (Why is the night sky not blindingly bright?)
    uantum immortality
    Schrödinger's cat
    Supplee's paradox
    Tachyonic antitelephone
    Tea leaf paradox
    Temporal paradox
    Tolman's paradox
    Trouton–Noble experiment
    Twin paradox
    Ultraviolet catastrophe
    Cool tropics paradox
    holographic principle
    Irresistible force paradox
    Algol paradox
    Faint young Sun paradox
    Archimedes paradox
    Aristotle's wheel paradox
    Carroll's paradox
    D'Alembert's paradox
    Denny's paradox
    Elevator paradox
    Feynman sprinkler
    Painlevé paradox
    Tea leaf paradoxArcher's paradox
    Bentley's paradox
    Olbers' paradox
    Faraday paradox
    Bell's theorem
    Hardy's paradox
    Klein paradox
    Quantum pseudo-telepathy
    Bell's spaceship paradox
    Black hole information paradox
    Ehrenfest paradox
    Ladder paradox
    Supplee's paradox
    Simulation paradox
    Twin paradox
    Gibbs paradox
    Loschmidt's paradox
    Maxwell's Demon
    Mpemba paradox
    vacuum catastrophe
    I looked at two paradoxes to begin with. Faraday's paradox has an explanation, therefore we could take that off the list to leave only those which remain unresolved.

The Fermi paradox whilst scientific, brings to mind philosophical and theological questions as to whether God has created any other life in this Universe that we know of and can see through telescopes. Are we the first life-forms to be created in this universe? God has created man with the intention of man having eternal life and God dwelling with man in the age to come. It does not sound like God needs to create another form of man? What we are told is (1 Cor 2:9);Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. This means we could be in for an eternity of surprises, when in the kingdom of God.

David
    Nicely formatted post David! It's good to see you taking control of the software. Well done.

I think we should leave all the items in the list, and mark them depending on their status. E.g. WE could use the "strike tag" [ s ] to strike out any entries that were either poorly formulated or false. And we could put hyperlinks to the best explanations that we find on the net. Things like that. Unfortunately, I'm much too busy today to examine any of them. But they'll be here when I find time. That's what I love about this form of communication.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Wrap your head around this?

The generations leading to King David and his dynasty might be called "The King Line".

The Matthew genealogy would be that King Line, but the Luke genealogy would be "The Priest Line".

King David, followed by King Jesus? Since we are both kings and priests: Rev 1:6

This is NOT the way its usually thought of or taught, so do we call it Paradox?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

The "I AM" was inserted by the translators. It does not exist in the Hebrew of Psalm 46:10, which simply says KI ANOKI ELOHIM (For I GOD).
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hello Rick
    You got the point as I did. God said to Moses (Exodus 3:14); And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. The point is; God said; I AM and the words are not constrained by what comes after them. God does not say; "I am <insert words here>". God is not constrained by any words that would limit him.

Jesus said (John 14:6); I am the way, the truth, and the life: This is one of the many "I am ..." statements said by Jesus. All the " I am ..." statements said by Jesus have constraints.

All the best
    David
    That's not true. The most famous occurrence had no "constraint" and was understood by the Jews as being a declaration by Christ that he is God who declared his name is "I AM" to Moses (that's why they picked up stones to kill him):

NKJ John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

This is an accurate word for word translation. Nothing follows the EGO EIMI (I AM) at the end of the sentence.

As an aside, this I found this verse very convincing demonstration of the Divinity of Christ when I was a Christian because it is confirmed by the Isaiah Bible Correlation. The Book of John is often thought of as the "I AM" Gospel because of the seven I AM statements made by Jesus. It's the 43rd book and so corresponds to Isaiah 43 which has the highest frequency of I AM statements from God. The distribution of I AMs in the NT correspond to the distribution in the NT portion of Isaiah. Here's the distribution, which I discuss in this article:

Check out my blog site

ok

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    The "I AM" was inserted by the translators. It does not exist in the Hebrew of Psalm 46:10, which simply says KI ANOKI ELOHIM (For I GOD).
    my mistake

Thread Information