Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paradoxes

Paradoxes

Here is a list of Physics paradoxes produced by rdelmonico which I have copied from another thread.
    Archimedes paradox
    Aristotle's wheel paradox
    Babinet's principle
    Bell's spaceship paradox
    Black hole information paradox
    Bootstrap paradox
    Bootstrap paradox in fiction
    Carroll's paradox
    Denny's paradox
    Ehrenfest paradox
    Elevator paradox
    EPR paradox
    Fermi paradox
    Fluctuation theorem
    Gibbs paradox
    Painlevé paradox
    Predestination paradox
    Predestination paradoxes in popular culture
    Rietdijk–Putnam argument
    QGrandfather paradox
    Gravitational singularity
    Greisen–Zatsepin–Kuzmin limit
    Hydrodynamic paradox
    Hydrostatic paradox
    Klein paradox
    Ladder paradox
    Levinthal's paradox
    Lombard's paradox
    Loschmidt's paradox
    Mpemba effect
    Olbers' paradox (Why is the night sky not blindingly bright?)
    uantum immortality
    Schrödinger's cat
    Supplee's paradox
    Tachyonic antitelephone
    Tea leaf paradox
    Temporal paradox
    Tolman's paradox
    Trouton–Noble experiment
    Twin paradox
    Ultraviolet catastrophe
    Cool tropics paradox
    holographic principle
    Irresistible force paradox
    Algol paradox
    Faint young Sun paradox
    Archimedes paradox
    Aristotle's wheel paradox
    Carroll's paradox
    D'Alembert's paradox
    Denny's paradox
    Elevator paradox
    Feynman sprinkler
    Painlevé paradox
    Tea leaf paradoxArcher's paradox
    Bentley's paradox
    Olbers' paradox
    Faraday paradox
    Bell's theorem
    Hardy's paradox
    Klein paradox
    Quantum pseudo-telepathy
    Bell's spaceship paradox
    Black hole information paradox
    Ehrenfest paradox
    Ladder paradox
    Supplee's paradox
    Simulation paradox
    Twin paradox
    Gibbs paradox
    Loschmidt's paradox
    Maxwell's Demon
    Mpemba paradox
    vacuum catastrophe
    I looked at two paradoxes to begin with. Faraday's paradox has an explanation, therefore we could take that off the list to leave only those which remain unresolved.

The Fermi paradox whilst scientific, brings to mind philosophical and theological questions as to whether God has created any other life in this Universe that we know of and can see through telescopes. Are we the first life-forms to be created in this universe? God has created man with the intention of man having eternal life and God dwelling with man in the age to come. It does not sound like God needs to create another form of man? What we are told is (1 Cor 2:9);Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. This means we could be in for an eternity of surprises, when in the kingdom of God.

David
    Last edited by David M; 01-03-2014 at 06:26 AM.

The lying prophet of 1Kings13:18 (a scriptural paradox or oxymoron) said that an angel told him to say it!
    We don't get our faith from angels--we trust only in the Word of the Lord which is the sixty-six books of the Bible--- the 39 books of the Old Testament and the 27 books of the New. Which is not to say that angels can't be seen or heard, or be beneficial; but beware of anything or anyone who contradicts the Truth that is Jesus and The Word.

Are you adding to the Word? Leaving out something? Well of course we all do that to a certain extent every time we discuss it, but let's endeavor to keep the gist of what we're saying true to the entirety of Scripture.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Amen

Amen

1st Kings 13
    11 Now there dwelt an old prophet in Bethel; and his sons came and told him all the works that the man of God had done that day in Bethel: the words which he had spoken unto the king, them they told also to their father.

12 And their father said unto them, What way went he? For his sons had seen what way the man of God went, which came from Judah.

13 And he said unto his sons, Saddle me the ass. So they saddled him the ass: and he rode thereon,

14 And went after the man of God, and found him sitting under an oak: and he said unto him, Art thou the man of God that camest from Judah? And he said, I am.

15 Then he said unto him, Come home with me, and eat bread.

16 And he said, I may not return with thee, nor go in with thee: neither will I eat bread nor drink water with thee in this place:

17 For it was said to me by the word of the Lord, Thou shalt eat no bread nor drink water there, nor turn again to go by the way that thou camest.

18 He said unto him, I am a prophet also as thou art; and an angel spake unto me by the word of the Lord, saying, Bring him back with thee into thine house, that he may eat bread and drink water. But he lied unto him.

19 So he went back with him, and did eat bread in his house, and drank water.

20 And it came to pass, as they sat at the table, that the word of the Lord came unto the prophet that brought him back:

21 And he cried unto the man of God that came from Judah, saying, Thus saith the Lord, Forasmuch as thou hast disobeyed the mouth of the Lord, and hast not kept the commandment which the Lord thy God commanded thee,

22 But camest back, and hast eaten bread and drunk water in the place, of the which the Lord did say to thee, Eat no bread, and drink no water; thy carcase shall not come unto the sepulchre of thy fathers.

23 And it came to pass, after he had eaten bread, and after he had drunk, that he saddled for him the ass, to wit, for the prophet whom he had brought back.

24 And when he was gone, a lion met him by the way, and slew him: and his carcase was cast in the way, and the ass stood by it, the lion also stood by the carcase.
    There is a minimal level of dignity that should be afforded to all.
    No-one is above anyone else.
    No-one cares what you know unless they know that you care.
    Winning an argument and losing a friend is not (in my humble opinion) winning.

paradox

Look up anthropic principle.
    I was in a hurry when I found that list and was not able to proof it.
    There are probably redundant things in it also I am sure the more recent discoveries and paradoxes are not on this list.
    If you look at the Hubble deep field photos, you will notice that the most distant galaxies we see look the same as the closest ones, (strange).

The outer circle represents the size of the universe at some point in time, but when we look out into space we see the curled or curved line because the universe was smaller when the light left that location.
    The Fibonacci curve going down the left of the center line would be the path of light, starting from the center, and coming back up.
    When the light began it's journey the path was only 2.5 billion light years but as space expands the path becomes longer, when the light reaches our position, it has traveled 6.375 billion light years.

This document shows how a beam of light will travel across space as space is expanding.
    Space must have expanded at a rate much faster then light if the big bang theory is true and when we look out into the night sky everything we see is following this same type of path.

For 150 to 200 years the scientific community has been trying to convince you that everything can be explained as a natural phenomena.
    But today science is becoming increasingly metaphysical.
    Space/time is an information matrix that obeys the rules that were programmed into it. We see evidence of error correcting codes (adinkras). We see evidence that everything including consciousness is entangled. Why the scientific community has spent the last 200 years trying to convince us that reality is just a cosmic accident, I do not know. I see evidence of an agenda.
    The scientific community is trying to convince you that the truth is relative and can not be proven to be otherwise.

The idea that truth is relative stems from our inability to understand the world around us.

There is the real truth and then there are the 10,000 manufactured versions engineered to dilute the possibility of discovery.

To believe in God requires faith. It is the same for the atheist who believes that the universe sprang out of nothing and happened to be so perfectly tuned that the spark of life could be ignited out of the dead matter from exploded stars.
    We should look at life as a miracle every day that we wake up.
    If there is another four billion years of life left on this planet as the scientists say, then really humanity is just a blip in the scheme of things.
    If there is a God that cares about us then he will sort things out in his time.

Empty space is a frothing sea of potential. Space and time began together. Space expanded at a rate much faster than the speed of light. We have not figured out how to measure any of it.
    If your torture the data enough you can get it to confess to anything.
    Last edited by rdelmonico; 01-05-2014 at 04:11 AM. Reason: explanation

Hello Dux

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    The lying prophet of 1Kings13:18 (a scriptural paradox or oxymoron) said that an angel told him to say it!
    We don't get our faith from angels--we trust only in the Word of the Lord which is the sixty-six books of the Bible--- the 39 books of the Old Testament and the 27 books of the New. Which is not to say that angels can't be seen or heard, or be beneficial; but beware of anything or anyone who contradicts the Truth that is Jesus and The Word.

Are you adding to the Word? Leaving out something? Well of course we all do that to a certain extent every time we discuss it, but let's endeavor to keep the gist of what we're saying true to the entirety of Scripture.
    Jesus warns us of the false Christs (Matt 24:24 ) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

The apostle Paul is saying the same, but using different language;(2 Cor 11:14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. These are all human agents.

All the best
    David

PS. I watched the following video; Shocking Documentary - How You Are Being Mind Controlled It is 96 minutes long. You can think of it is propaganda film from North Korea, making them look squeaky clean, but it shows the propaganda and lies and atrocities that have and are taking place around the world and it is all man's fault. God is dealing with it in his way. God has warned us of this, so as believers this comes as no surprise. The Day of the LORD is coming; that we are assured of.
    Last edited by David M; 01-03-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdelmonico View Post
    Look up anthropic principle.
    I was in a hurry when I found that list and was not able to proof it.
    There are probably redundant things in it also I am sure the more recent discoveries and paradoxes are not on this list.
    If you look at the Hubble deep field photos, you will notice that the most distant galaxies we see look the same as the closest ones, (strange).
    I know the Big Bang has mathematical formulae by which to explain what was happening. Mathematical formulae are man-made. What if energy expanded before it was converted or distilled into matter? What if light did not exist until a very large expansion had taken place. That might explain how the universe did not expand faster than light, but that light was delayed in its formation after the expansion appearing as if the expansion had been faster than light.

Light is made up of photons, and photons are produced by electrons losing energy and going to a lower energy state. If it is thought stars are forming now, by the possibility of hydrogen gas clouds condensing under gravity (Even now while the universe is expanding), so what is to stop energy converting at the point where basic particles are made to make the hydrogen atoms? Without the atom, who is to say, there is any light? Where do the photons come from? We are made of atoms, our eyes can only see light. Outside the narrow band of the elctromagnetic spectrum, we cannot see with our eyes. We are reliant on different types of detectors (eyes) to see outside the visible spectrum.

David

deep field

On September 25, 2012, NASA released a further refined version of the Ultra-Deep Field dubbed the eXtreme Deep Field (XDF). The XDF reveals galaxies that span back 13.2 billion years in time, revealing a galaxy theorized to be formed only 450 million years after the big bang event.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Ultra-Deep_Field

The universe has expanded to at least 30 times the distance (13.8 billion light years) of this original 450 million light year expansion. (450 million year old universe).
    How much would these numbers change due to time dilation under some possible condition not yet considered?

Twin slit paradox

Best explanation of the twin slit paradox and quantum entanglement.

The Quantum Conspiracy What Popularizers of QM Dont Want You to Know.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEaecUuEqfc

Best explanation of the vacuum catastrophe.
    Nassim Haramein - Sacred Geometry and Unified Fields.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zc0ICPoqlM

The most elegant model of particle theory.
    Garrett Lisi A theory of everything.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Gk_Ddhr0M

Reality

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    I know the Big Bang has mathematical formulae by which to explain what was happening. Mathematical formulae are man-made. What if energy expanded before it was converted or distilled into matter? What if light did not exist until a very large expansion had taken place. That might explain how the universe did not expand faster than light, but that light was delayed in its formation after the expansion appearing as if the expansion had been faster than light.

Light is made up of photons, and photons are produced by electrons losing energy and going to a lower energy state. If it is thought stars are forming now, by the possibility of hydrogen gas clouds condensing under gravity (Even now while the universe is expanding), so what is to stop energy converting at the point where basic particles are made to make the hydrogen atoms? Without the atom, who is to say, there is any light? Where do the photons come from? We are made of atoms, our eyes can only see light. Outside the narrow band of the elctromagnetic spectrum, we cannot see with our eyes. We are reliant on different types of detectors (eyes) to see outside the visible spectrum.

David
    It is possible that reality condensed out of a collision in a higher dimension, (Brane theory).
    The theory describes these branes as sheets, but what if they are more like bubbles and our universe is the contact surface between two bubbles?
    What does the description of inflation in the early universe look like as the bubbles collide and the contact surface expands?

competing theories of the universe

I have no dog in this fight, only curiosity.
    Ed Fredkin thinks cellular automata theory provides the best clue as to what is going on.
    Michio Kaku is the champion of string theory. Interesting note, the Hebrew sages from many centuries ago discovered in the Torah a description of the universe or creation having 11 dimensions. I would have to research this to give further details.
    Brane theory is an extension of string theory.
    Jim Gates' discovery of error correcting code (adinkras) is also connected to string theory.
    Nassim Haramein is the champion of the Fractal-Holographic theory.
    Richard Feynman suggested that all electrons were exactly alike because only one electron was looping through time and our universe was like a movie reel with the electron passing back and forth through the individual frames billions and billions of times. In a didital universe all the electrons would also be exactly alike.
    Research is being done to determine whether or not space/time is smooth and continuous or quantized.
    By analysing the light from gama ray bursts, we may be able to detect the graininess, or lack there of, in space/time.
    The most recent data is pointing to a smooth and continuous model.

There are many strange things coming down the road.
    It does not look like we will be given much more time to figure this stuff out.
    Ancient Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times".
    Last edited by rdelmonico; 01-04-2014 at 07:04 AM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information