Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Days of Noah

Days of Noah

Well, Richard, I assume you are busy, so I will start first

" flood " texts and terminologies in pre-biblical Mesopotamian literature do not refer to actual floods, they refer to rosh chodesh ( new moon ) and eclipses ( AKA " omen " ), mainly

The fictional character of Noah was based on the position of the " Lugal " ( A ruler / priest )

The Bible was clearly written using Mesopotamian procedural texts and omen texts, dealing specifically with times denoted by astronomical observations ( ephemeris )

A clear example is the use of typical Babylonian omen phrasing in the " Book of Revelation ":

" surrounded by a crown of stars " and " clothed in the sun " being two obvious examples ( cf the text K.148 for clarification ) and referring to the planet Venus

Being that " John " was supposedly exiled to Patmos for " magic " and / or " astrology ", which both fall under the duties of the initiate priests in the lineage of Sin-leqi-unninni, who are themselves tasked with the rituals surrounding new moon and eclipses, I feel like you have barely vetted this topic, and many more, here on the BW forums

I would like a debate on these topics, so I offer a few of my sources first to get you started, just in case you don't already know them

CDLI

CCP

ePSD

ETCSL

Let me know if you have any questions
    Last edited by Snakeboy; 06-15-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeboy View Post
    I would like a debate on these topics, so I offer a few of my sources first to get you started, just in case you don't already know them

CDLI

CCP

ePSD

ETCSL

Let me know if you have any questions
    Hey there Isaac,

Why do you want to debate those topics? What value would there be in such an activity?

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Hey there Isaac,

Why do you want to debate those topics? What value would there be in such an activity?

Richard
    Well, there is no debate, really, unless you want to try and refute my statements ( good luck ), this is really more to educate you and your readers

But we could start with any number of topics you mangled

Well, there is no debate, really, unless you want to try and refute my statements ( good luck ), this is really more to educate you and your readers

But we could start with any number of topics you mangled
    Hey there Isaac,

Most of the things that I found interesting involved your numerology relating to the digits of pi and stuff like that. Unfortunately, most of our interaction from that time was lost in the crash.

One thing I recall is that you had claimed that the ancients had knowledge of pendulum clocks, and used them to define a second. Is that correct? Do you still believe it? If so, what evidence do you have?

It's good to be chatting again,

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hey there Isaac,

Most of the things that I found interesting involved your numerology relating to the digits of pi and stuff like that. Unfortunately, most of our interaction from that time was lost in the crash.

One thing I recall is that you had claimed that the ancients had knowledge of pendulum clocks, and used them to define a second. Is that correct? Do you still believe it? If so, what evidence do you have?

It's good to be chatting again,

Richard

Yup, that's right, I claim the second was known to the ancients

Did you want to debate the origin of units ?

We should start with the horn, because that's the one that should have been covered first, considering the Bible's bent towards astronomy

Yup, that's right, I claim the second was known to the ancients

Did you want to debate the origin of units ?

We should start with the horn, because that's the one that should have been covered first, considering the Bible's bent towards astronomy

I would like to see your evidence that the ancients knew about pendulum clocks.

Check out my blog site

I would like to see your evidence that the ancients knew about pendulum clocks.
    Sure thing, professor

There are 86,400 seconds in the day, nominal

If the second is not ancient, then why is it the basis of the hour ?

You obviously haven't studied

I hope you aren't making the assumption that that pendulum was not know until Galileo's studies, because that's about as wrong as you can get

If you want to go look for yourself, you'll see it was used all the way back in the first century, by the Chinese, and if you think that Mesopotamian mathematicans and astronomers were not well aware of what a period is, or that they never noticed the period of a weight hanging on a string, then you probably think European mathematicians invented calculus too

Perhaps we should start a thread on the origin of units, Richie, because I think you are woefully under-educated on the topic

From my memory you seem to think that a majority of units are arbitrary ?

If that is your answer, we should definitely do a thread on metrology and metrological conventions used for mathematical astronomy

But back to my question, since this is a thread about the " flood "

" Floods " were measured in horns, AKA fingers

Do you have a section on this already ?

I would think you would, considering it's a fundamental source for Biblical writings

or no ?

Well, anyway

When you take a few minutes to educate yourself on what the nadir is, and how it was established by Mesopotamian astronomers, you can maybe tell me why you think arcseconds are not an ancient unit, Richard

I'll be glad yo hear your " opinion " on why you think a second interval was not known to Mesopotamians, when it in fact it was used commonly for celestial navigation and recording ephemeris

Hope you know what you are talking about though, because I certainly do

And let me know when you can find the quote where I said pendulum clocks existed in Mesopotamia, because I certainly don't recall saying that

And also let me know when you are ready to discuss " the flood "

And let me know when you grasp the difference between a pendulum and a plumb bob

Ops wrote on the wrong thread. This was ment for the answer to you in the Woman clother with the Sun and Moon under her feet thread. I thought you wrote 2 comments in a row in my thread.
    Last edited by Desmild; 06-20-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    "In the beginning" (A=1 B=2 C=3) + (A=26 B=25 C=24) = Triangle nr 27 "Riddle"

Thread Information