Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    No problem, the seven (7) looks good to me. So then what?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by rdelmonico View Post
    Adam before the fall, Adam to Noah, Noah to Abraham, Abraham to Moses, Moses to Jesus, Church age, Millennium.
    Maybe the count doesn't always start with Adam?

Name:  7day.gif
Views: 13
Size:  7.1 KB
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Lightbulb why good?

I have read through this thread, and I'm curious to understand, if I am wired for self preservation, why do good? Why would I die for those whom I love? It doesn't benefit me, and ultimately them either. With United States for an example, how to we come to pen the Bill of Rights? How do we define liberty? Is everyones definition the same? If I have the right to happiness and it impedes on another's happiness, who is deserving of happiness? The reason I ask this is because I believe as human beings, we have the amazing ability of logic and reason that leads us to question any certain subject and determine its conclusion.

The reality is that both opinions can be viewed as "theoretical" because we cannot see this creation observably happening, as science requires. So that leaves us to come to a conclusion that is logical, for our ultimate desire is not to know how, but why. Why is there a creation and is there any purpose for it or us. Logic only leads to one, common sense answer. Our life has purpose, if indeed we love, hate, forgive, don't forgive, have compassion, show mercy etc., because these things exist for no reason without purpose. If, seeing there can be no other deduction, evolution is true, none of these things have any purpose, for our life only exists to procreate and die as we evolve, with the concept of hope being totally void and illogical.

If we look to science as the answer for every question, we will fall far short of ever knowing the things that are important, why and what for, or are these irrelevant.

Shalom to all

Quote Originally Posted by willandtonya View Post
    I have read through this thread, and I'm curious to understand, if I am wired for self preservation, why do good? Why would I die for those whom I love? It doesn't benefit me, and ultimately them either. With United States for an example, how to we come to pen the Bill of Rights? How do we define liberty? Is everyones definition the same? If I have the right to happiness and it impedes on another's happiness, who is deserving of happiness? The reason I ask this is because I believe as human beings, we have the amazing ability of logic and reason that leads us to question any certain subject and determine its conclusion.

The reality is that both opinions can be viewed as "theoretical" because we cannot see this creation observably happening, as science requires. So that leaves us to come to a conclusion that is logical, for our ultimate desire is not to know how, but why. Why is there a creation and is there any purpose for it or us. Logic only leads to one, common sense answer. Our life has purpose, if indeed we love, hate, forgive, don't forgive, have compassion, show mercy etc., because these things exist for no reason without purpose. If, seeing there can be no other deduction, evolution is true, none of these things have any purpose, for our life only exists to procreate and die as we evolve, with the concept of hope being totally void and illogical.

If we look to science as the answer for every question, we will fall far short of ever knowing the things that are important, why and what for, or are these irrelevant.

Shalom to all
    Hi Willandtonya, welcome to the Forum So glad you stopped by to chat ...

If one understands the true meaning of equal human rights for all, there in no question of one persons happiness impeding on the happiness of another. All people are equally human and as such are entitled to the same rights as all other people. Making the world a better place for all people to achieve their full potential is what adds meaning and purpose to our lives ... this is not something anyone else can give you, rather it is what each person must give to their own life.

What's important is that we exist, not the method that we got here. The creationist just like the evolutionist must in and of themselves give purpose and meaning to their own lives, and that is done by the manner in which you live.

Kind regards,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by willandtonya View Post
    I have read through this thread, and I'm curious to understand, if I am wired for self preservation, why do good? Why would I die for those whom I love?
    Because you love them! Isn't that obvious? What other reason could there be? Some cold calculation based on the calculus of abstract theology?

Are you suggesting that if God created you, you would not be "wired for self-preservation?" What does that have to do with anything? It is true under either theism or atheism.

Richard

PS:

Welcome to our forum!

• Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information