Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    There are two totally different meanings of "faith" -

1) To believe in some concept like Allah and the Quran or Jesus and the Bible without justification.

2) To be faithful, trustworthy. As in "I am faithful to my wife".

When talking about the relation between faith and knowledge, we are talking about definition number 1. You, sylvius, appear to be talking about definition #2.

"If you wish to converse with me, define your terms." ~ Voltaire
    Here shows your fundamental mistake.

Like said, Mark 12:27,
    He is not the God of the dead, but of the living: you do greatly err

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough
    There are two totally different meanings of "faith" -

1) To believe in some concept like Allah and the Quran or Jesus and the Bible without justification.

2) To be faithful, trustworthy. As in "I am faithful to my wife".

When talking about the relation between faith and knowledge, we are talking about definition number 1. You, sylvius, appear to be talking about definition #2.

"If you wish to converse with me, define your terms." ~ Voltaire
    Here shows your fundamental mistake.

Like said, Mark 12:27,
    He is not the God of the dead, but of the living: you do greatly err
    Why do you quote that as if it were true? You have rejected the validity of much of the NT. Indeed, you reject the entire book of Hebrews and who knows what else. So you just pick and choose which bits and pieces you like and reject the rest? Your position makes no sense to me.

Oh, and besides that, how does that verse expose any error in my comment?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Unregistered Guest

Faith

I will give you my Experience with Jesus and Having Faith in the Word of God... I am a Widow with an Autistic Child, and had been a stay at home Mom when my husband passed away from Cancer... Last Year with the Economy being what it is, and having no income except for ebay (No food stamps, SS, disability or government help) I was out of Food, and No money in the Bank, and I had no sales on ebay for a week... but The Lord said He would take care of My needs if I seeked the Kingdom First, and I had Faith He would, So I said a Prayer, and said, Lord, the Store is only a mile away, I need Groceries, and I don't know how your going to do it, but I know you will make a way, Thank You for your Word and Promises... and I walked out to the Car, no having a penny to my name, but going to Buy Groceries, knowing beyond a doubt that buy the time I got to the store, or checked out, that my Groceries would get paid for, somehow, someway...

Be skeptical about all things and prove them..... only whimps and gutless people complain.. Have some balls and ovaries and test and see if Jesus is true, test and find out if His Principles work.

Be scientific and quite, your incessant complaining and doubts and skepticism about Jesus.

Ask questions and find out and quite complaining about others, and the so called lack of proof etc etc... whimps never make it. STOP being whimpy, dont believe what others tell you, what your government tells you, what anyone tells you, find out for yourself !!

Test and see if the Lord is good.

Dont have weak, maybe faith, have true knowledge from KNOWING JESUS.

Have a solid foundation, know Jesus as He said. Ask HIm in your heart and if He doesn;t come, then reject HIM and tell Him He is a LIAR and DECEIVER, and go on your way without HIM til the day you die.

Show some maturity and take the responsibility heathen, and atheists, and agnostics and reprobates.... blame HIM, even though you have never tested HIM or had the courage to do what He said to do, because you were afraid, blah blah bla.... but stop this insisant complaning and bitching about HIM not giving you enough prof. Figure it out for yourself from individual testing. Be scientific rather than going on flimsy faith, take the STEP and test the Lord.

The Lord hates whimps, and whoosies, and complainers....

Get some knowledge and KNOW, then faith in KNOWLDGE and personal experience works !!!

Thread Information