Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
Results 241 to 248 of 248

Thread: JESUS IS GOD

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Hello Mystykal
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    The phrase "according to" is NOT AFTER or in the likeness of... the phrase according to implies self same image... GOD alone. Jesus cannot claim divine rites which belong to GOD alone unless He is GOD!
    It looks to me you are the one now twisting words to fit to your preconceived model. We can both look up the alternative meanings for the Greek words used.

    The following passge from Hebrews seems plain enough to me.
    (Heb 7:24)
    22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
    23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
    24 But this man (Jesus), because he continueth ever (because he has been raised from the dead and given immortality), hath an unchangeable priesthood.
    25 Wherefore he (Jesus) is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him (Jesus) , seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
    26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
    27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.


    (Heb 9:11) But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle,
    Jesus has taken on the role of high priest given his unique position.

    (Heb 12:24) And to Jesus the mediator.. Jesus is the mediator between man and YHWH. Jesus is not YHWH, or part of a trinity in which there are three persons who are equally God.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    Your theology sucks because you efuse to understand basic word structures in Hebrew./Greek. And your English is not correct either. And you fail to change your mind in the light of the FACTS which you ignore and twist into a mess of theological nonesense! I am calling you out David! You know you are wrong because you know your assumptions cannot be verified. So please correct your thoughts before it is too late!
    Who are you to be so judgemental? How do you know you are correct? I hope the language scholars on this forum contribute their thoughts to your interpretation.


    All the best
    David

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    766
    Hi Mystykal,

    Knowing we do not agree on everything, it is a pleasure to read your posts on factors which we do agree, such as Jesus being God, and FAITH.
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

    Ephesians 3

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Hi Mystykal,

    Knowing we do not agree on everything, it is a pleasure to read your posts on factors which we do agree, such as Jesus being God, and FAITH.
    Hey there Chrarisma,

    Good to see you. It's been a while.

    I'm glad you woke up this thread. I had forgotten that Mystykal had some questions waiting to be answered.

    As for "Faith" - I'm sure the Muslims, Mormons, and members of the Heaven's Gate cult would all agree wholeheartedly with you.

    I think faith in god is completely delusional, and no one has ever given any reason to think otherwise.

    The fool has said in his heart "I will believe what my religious leaders tell me to believe, despite the evidence that they are wrong."

    All the best,

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    766
    Hi Richard,

    Thanks for the welcome.

    As you either don't pay attention to the answers I've given on faith in the past, perhaps not understanding the simplicity of how it works, I will leave you to your delusional belief that the biblical definition of faith is what you say it is, even though your definition has no foundation in scripture whatever.

    All the best with your rebellion.
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

    Ephesians 3

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Hi Richard,

    Thanks for the welcome.

    As you either don't pay attention to the answers I've given on faith in the past, perhaps not understanding the simplicity of how it works, I will leave you to your delusional belief that the biblical definition of faith is what you say it is, even though your definition has no foundation in scripture whatever.

    All the best with your rebellion.
    Hey there Charisma,

    What "definition" are you referring to? If you are going to charge me with "delusion" it would be nice if you would tell me what you are talking about.

    What "answers" have I ignored? I would be delighted to respond if you would tell me what you are talking about. You can either give me a link to the post I missed or just repeat the question here and I will answer.

    Your suggestion that I may not be "understanding the simplicity of how it works" doesn't really make much sense in light of the fact that there is no evidence that it "works" at all. Your belief that "faith works" is the result of confirmation bias. That's why all believers believe their particular god answers their prayers. And its the same reason that people belief astrology works, and reading tea leaves, and the I Ching, etc., etc., etc. In short, confirmation bias is the primary reason people believe weird things.

    So here's the $64,000 question: Why do other people believe weird and false things without real evidence, and how does that differ from the reasons you believe in your god?

    I look forward to your answer!

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    766
    Hi Richard,

    'The life was the light of men'.

    I am not going to attempt a detailed answer to your post which just happens to be the last which was retrievable after the recent crash. Over 75 pages of this thread have been lost, and I am picking it up from here, not there.

    Jeremiah 2:13 For my people have committed two evils;
    they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters,
    and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

    John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried,
    saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

    Ephesians 3

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough
    Your suggestion that I may not be "understanding the simplicity of how it works" doesn't really make much sense in light of the fact that there is no evidence that it "works" at all. Your belief that "faith works" is the result of confirmation bias. That's why all believers believe their particular god answers their prayers. And its the same reason that people belief astrology works, and reading tea leaves, and the I Ching, etc., etc., etc. In short, confirmation bias is the primary reason people believe weird things.

    So here's the $64,000 question: Why do other people believe weird and false things without real evidence, and how does that differ from the reasons you believe in your god?
    Hi Richard,

    'The life was the light of men'.

    I am not going to attempt a detailed answer to your post which just happens to be the last which was retrievable after the recent crash. Over 75 pages of this thread have been lost, and I am picking it up from here, not there.

    Jeremiah 2:13 For my people have committed two evils;
    they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters,
    and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

    John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried,
    saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
    Yeah, that's the sad thing about the crash - we lost a couple years of posts. About 12,000 in all I think. It's not entirely impossible that they might be recovered, but the company responsible is not giving me much hope. It appears they had no backups at all and are trying to recover the data from the crashed disc image, which is pretty unlikely. Ultimately, its my fault for trusting them. I should have done more of my own backups.

    Why do you say you are "picking it up from here" but not answering the question? Why did you quote those verses? Crazy cult members would quote them too. They do nothing to help discern between true beliefs and false beliefs. The question comes down to this: What's the difference between your "faith" and false "faith." Merely having "faith" does not mean it is true.

    The one thing that all cults demand is blind faith. Why would God design his religion on the pattern of a cult?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1

    JESUS IS GOD

    another jw thought: if Jesus were God, his death would not have been a sacrifice, because God cannot die and he would have known that. because Jesus was not God, he made the most extreme of sacrifices: knowing he was dying for reasons/actions not his own. also, the possibility that he must have had some doubt about what would happen to him makes his act even more noble: why have you forsaken me?

    what do you guys think?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •