Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Didy Doll..

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Daytona
    Posts
    1,855

    Didy Doll..

    Didy Doll - Habbakuk 3:3
    I made a doll from rags and straw that looked a lot like me ..
    I breathed the breath of Life in her, and then I set her free.
    "Who are you?", she asked me, and "What am I to you?"
    She had so many questions I was really in a stew.

    She didn't know -- How could she? So I patiently explained,
    She asked me where I came from, and I told her Brunswick, Maine.

    She was doing lots of thinking, and I didn't want her drinking
    'Cause changing diapers wasn't on my mind...
    She didn't know from eating, so my answers were deleting of
    delicious ways the body could be dined.

    She only knew from talking -- very little about walking,
    To speak of sex would not make sense to her...
    It wouldn't be aberrant, 'cause she didn't know from parent...
    I began to be quite sorry I'd created such a stir.

    She didn't know -- How could she? So I patiently explained,
    She asked me where I came from, and I told her Brunswick, Maine.
    "Where is that?" she asked me, knowing nothing of our land,
    I'd have to start at The Beginning, to make her understand.

    Sincere and earnest people will ask "Where did God come from?" The flip answer is from Habakkuk 3:3 -- He came from Teman, of course. Hardly the answer they were looking for... The Jewish culture forbade questions prior to a certain age, and we do well to listen attentively to a subject before asking questions. You think?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tellus
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Didy Doll - Habbakuk 3:3

    ...I'd have to start at The Beginning, to make her understand.

    Sincere and earnest people will ask "Where did God come from?" The flip answer is from Habakkuk 3:3 -- He came from Teman, of course. Hardly the answer they were looking for... The Jewish culture forbade questions prior to a certain age, and we do well to listen attentively to a subject before asking questions. You think?
    Yeah yur right bro!

    Thoughts here are concerning how so many have convoluted Beresheet...or is that BarashetWhen people do not get the beginning right, all progress goes downhill fast...like a snowball headed for H-E-Double-Hockey Sticks.

    Some interesting food for thought on this wise, for those who think some things in Genesis are not really as related are the Fallen Ones. I myself had heard four different takes on what Beni Elohim means and if it were possible for them to leave their former estate to cohabitation with humans. In Genesis, it says they survived the flood and places like Gat(h) (where Golliath was from), were where they settled after the deluge. Peoples such as the Zamzumim were one of several crossbreeds out from their taking wives from Beni Adam(ah).

    People have also been heard to think they refute their existence quoting from Y'shua (when he was answering the Saducees in the temple before His execution/slaughter sacrifice, when revealing that after the resurrection, people who are part of the kingdom will “be like the angels: neither marrying nor giving in marriage.”
    (Note: He never said anything about being without progenetive capacities; but, only that like angels, there will be no marriage (which also reveals a secret Timmy is not going to get into right here; but is plain as the nose on your face if you consider what the united root words forming Elohim actually represent.)

    So, here's a different take on the Fallen Ones (moreso) from my own culturally historic perspective (which is wholeheartedly agreed with here,) and there is not going to be any speculative argument over this (like many other things), such as once upon a "David M" attempted to contrive (saying angels and associated entities are not as the Bible clarifies them.

    ENJOY
    Name:  iWantYou.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  6.5 KB

    Name:  41893687.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  7.2 KB
    Last edited by Timmy; 12-14-2013 at 07:35 AM.
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Yeah yur right bro!

    Thoughts here are concerning how so many have convoluted Beresheet...or is that BarashetWhen people do not get the beginning right, all progress goes downhill fast...like a snowball headed for H-E-Double-Hockey Sticks.

    Some interesting food for thought on this wise, for those who think some things in Genesis are not really as related are the Fallen Ones. I myself had heard four different takes on what Beni Elohim means and if it were possible for them to leave their former estate to cohabitation with humans. In Genesis, it says they survived the flood and places like Gat(h) (where Golliath was from), were where they settled after the deluge. Peoples such as the Zamzumim were one of several crossbreeds out from their taking wives from Beni Adam(ah).

    People have also been heard to think they refute their existence quoting from Y'shua (when he was answering the Saducees in the temple before His execution/slaughter sacrifice, when revealing that after the resurrection, people who are part of the kingdom will “be like the angels: neither marrying nor giving in marriage.”
    (Note: He never said anything about being without progenetive capacities; but, only that like angels, there will be no marriage (which also reveals a secret Timmy is not going to get into right here; but is plain as the nose on your face if you consider what the united root words forming Elohim actually represent.)

    So, here's a different take on the Fallen Ones (moreso) from my own culturally historic perspective (which is wholeheartedly agreed with here,) and there is not going to be any speculative argument over this (like many other things), such as once upon a "David M" attempted to contrive (saying angels and associated entities are not as the Bible clarifies them.

    ENJOY
    Name:  iWantYou.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  6.5 KB

    Name:  41893687.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  7.2 KB
    Good morning Sir Timmy,

    There is no doubt that many if not most of the early Christians, who were first century Jews, believed that the Nephilim were fallen angels, as described in great detail in the Book of Enoch. But that to me looks like primitive mythology with no more reason to believe than to think that the world is flat or that it was created in 4004 BC. It seems quite absurd for modern folk, like the dude narrating the video, to believe such things. And I note that he displays a profound lack of discernment (or even common sense) when he presents those artificially elongated skulls as "evidence" of the Nephilim. That's just nuts! Many of those skulls are from recent history and were done deliberately by the children's parents. And others go way back to Neanderthals 45,000 years ago which totally contradicts the Biblical history. It seems quite irrational to use them as evidence for one Bible myth even as they contradict a different Bible myth.

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tellus
    Posts
    741

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Good morning Sir Timmy,

    There is no doubt that many if not most of the early Christians, who were first century Jews, believed that the Nephilim were fallen angels, as described in great detail in the Book of Enoch. But that to me looks like primitive mythology with no more reason to believe than to think that the world is flat or that it was created in 4004 BC. It seems quite absurd for modern folk, like the dude narrating the video, to believe such things. And I note that he displays a profound lack of discernment (or even common sense) when he presents those artificially elongated skulls as "evidence" of the Nephilim. That's just nuts! Many of those skulls are from recent history and were done deliberately by the children's parents. And others go way back to Neanderthals 45,000 years ago which totally contradicts the Biblical history. It seems quite irrational to use them as evidence for one Bible myth even as they contradict a different Bible myth.

    Richard
    Bonjour et bonne journée bien bon ami!!!

    Je ne sais pas vraiment, mais je ne me dérange pas si elle a vraiment pas beaucoup d'importance pour moi ... oui ou non our quelque?

    (yep, taking up french...but don't even think about even think about calling me Tish. I don't wear a spider dress and your name is not Gomez.)

    Seriously? It wasn't just the first century church. This information was handed down generation to generation. At least from Avraham Avinu to Moshe but if you think it became obsolete and myth because of your worldview, think again.

    Maybe I was just born 20 centuries late.

    Anyway, from your comments, it appears you didn't watch everything...but the guy was monotonous thick tongued sith the question cards so I can hardly blame you.

    Here at SUI library, in the archives there are records and books from a woman named Ida Craddock, who married an angel...and what of Incubi and Succubi...and what about the offshoot of the OTO, where their workings are toward dealing with "greys", after the The Phoenix initiated and succeeded with making contact with the LAM? Ummm, though Trey did make brief mention of the LAM, the other info is from my experience.

    You know, after you are pronounced clinically dead--(although I myself consider my own experiences NDE, according to Heb. 9.27)--after coming back, returning above the earth, from the first time into each successive venturing out, leaving the body to go cold, there was a greater and greater disconnect with material existence. For a long time afterward I watched how these entities operated in various situations, other people being completely oblivious to their ever presence...different ones in different circumstances of upheaval for people. It appeared as though they vamped off of the emotional/attitudinal output of key players in any given situation like this...thriving off the extremes of fear, hate, loathing, of dangerous or passionate exploits. I still catch glimpses of them or sometimes see them clearly in incidents precarious, depending on whether I determine to assume an Alpha/Beta or Alpha/Theta state of consciousness.

    When I was a practitioner, these were the lesser beings (yet far more impactive than elementals) that were usually employed through sorceries or enchantments...quite effectively. Maybe the pre-established affinity before the "fatality" had something to do with "seeing what was actually going on behind the scenes" afterwards.

    No, it was the idea of a golem relative with the poem by dux that got me thinking in this vein again though.

    Then there are thoughtforms and bringing them to materiality (See: "A Treatise in White Magic", by my once favorite Theosophist, Alice Bailey.)

    The guy in the video is just throwing out info, prolly to make a buck and to wynd up his speil.

    So what about the skulls. They mean little to nothing for me, true or not (as you say all but one account is a hoax?) Sad he didn't even get too much into the issue of giants. I thought the skulls were a hoax, but wondered just a bit, after he referred to the Peru dig.

    Timmy gets a kick out of you throwing up that "primitive" card...kinda' like what our resident existentialist does with "fundie"...and the analogy is over the top. It's easier to pin a label on something or someone and file cabinet that accurdingly than to investigate further...or assign them as myth if whatever issue seems absurd (usually because we ourselves most likely may not have the complete details. (Can we call that biaskepsis?)

    (oh, that reminds that I should respond to Mystical, thou, and L67 on the Redacted thread.)

    ...and if they are to coherent with the fossil record relative to strata, 45,000 years for Neanderthals is a huge stretch, and consider that they are just humans who lived quite a bit longer than 100 years.

    More often than not, when anything does not make sense to me in 5d (+7d), it's usually because all the facts are not in yet.


    Hope there's time to get to you on the Redacted thread...but recall how we stopped short last time you brought up the milk jug video? Was that you or me that did not have time to banter back?

    Okay. The Timmy will take these in order as possible...redacted next.

    Shalom Alecheim (though I should start with that, I usually end with it...Even with company and friends here. So, let's add:
    Shlam 'lekhon


    Howz dat?
    Last edited by Timmy; 12-14-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Seriously? It wasn't just the first century church. This information was handed down generation to generation. At least from Avraham Avinu to Moshe but if you think it became obsolete and myth because of your worldview, think again.
    What makes you think the "information" was handed down from the patriarchs? I don't see any evidence for that. The ideas are almost entirely foreign to the OT. They appear to have been invented after the OT was complete, during the "intertestimental period" of about 400 years before Christ. This is the same period of time most of the apocrypha was written. It is probably the time that the stories of the Garden and the flood and the nephilim were written and inserted into Genesis. This seems most likely because those chapters (Genesis 2-11) have a much stronger "mythological" sense about them (first woman made from a rib, talking snakes, global flood, tower of Babel, etc.) and almost none of the elements we find in those chapters appear anywhere else in the entire OT, but they are prominent in the apocrypha and the NT. So it seems pretty obvious they were invented later. I explain this in more detail in my article Where's Adam? The Mystery of the Missing Mythological Chapters of Genesis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Maybe I was just born 20 centuries late.
    Maybe you should join us in the 21st century.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Anyway, from your comments, it appears you didn't watch everything...but the guy was monotonous thick tongued sith the question cards so I can hardly blame you.
    That is true. The guy was quite monotonous, and his suggestion that the artificially elongated heads were aliens made him look like a complete fool. Why waste my time watching his crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Here at SUI library, in the archives there are records and books from a woman named Ida Craddock, who married an angel...and what of Incubi and Succubi...and what about the offshoot of the OTO, where their workings are toward dealing with "greys", after the The Phoenix initiated and succeeded with making contact with the LAM? Ummm, though Trey did make brief mention of the LAM, the other info is from my experience.
    That all sounds like mythology and ghost stories and the product of ignorance, mental illness, and self-delusion. What makes you think any of it is real? It's like the guy in the video mindlessly suggesting that artificially elongated skulls are really "aliens" or "nephilim".

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    You know, after you are pronounced clinically dead--(although I myself consider my own experiences NDE, according to Heb. 9.27)--
    You are reading Hebrews 9:27 much too "absolutely" if you think it implies no one could ever die twice. What about Lazarus? What about the son of the widow on Nain? What about the kid Elijah raised from the dead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    You know, after you are pronounced clinically dead--(although I myself consider my own experiences NDE, according to Heb. 9.27)--after coming back, returning above the earth, from the first time into each successive venturing out, leaving the body to go cold, there was a greater and greater disconnect with material existence. For a long time afterward I watched how these entities operated in various situations, other people being completely oblivious to their ever presence...different ones in different circumstances of upheaval for people. It appeared as though they vamped off of the emotional/attitudinal output of key players in any given situation like this...thriving off the extremes of fear, hate, loathing, of dangerous or passionate exploits. I still catch glimpses of them or sometimes see them clearly in incidents precarious, depending on whether I determine to assume an Alpha/Beta or Alpha/Theta state of consciousness.

    When I was a practitioner, these were the lesser beings (yet far more impactive than elementals) that were usually employed through sorceries or enchantments...quite effectively. Maybe the pre-established affinity before the "fatality" had something to do with "seeing what was actually going on behind the scenes" afterwards.
    I understand where you are coming from and why you believe that the things you experienced were real "supernatural beings". But why then do you post that crap about artificially elongated skulls? That makes it rather difficult to see the difference between your beliefs and those of any other gullible consumer of superstitious woo-woo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    No, it was the idea of a golem relative with the poem by dux that got me thinking in this vein again though.

    Then there are thoughtforms and bringing them to materiality (See: "A Treatise in White Magic", by my once favorite Theosophist, Alice Bailey.)
    Alice Bailey sounds like an early proponent of The Secret which is the oldest con in the world, selling you the lie that you can get what you want just by thinking about it. It's no different than selling the rubes diet pills so you can lose wait while sleeping with no exercise. It's like Scientology which teaches that they will give you back your god-powers that the evil galactic overlord Xenu stole from you billions of years ago.

    Is there any way for you to discern between truth and crap in books like Bailey's? Or is it all metaphysical clap-trap and wishy-washy woo-woo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    The guy in the video is just throwing out info, prolly to make a buck and to wynd up his speil.

    So what about the skulls. They mean little to nothing for me, true or not (as you say all but one account is a hoax?) Sad he didn't even get too much into the issue of giants. I thought the skulls were a hoax, but wondered just a bit, after he referred to the Peru dig.
    I don't think the skulls are a hoax. But neither are they evidence of aliens. They were artificially elongated by our primitive ancestors obsessed by their ignorant superstitions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Timmy gets a kick out of you throwing up that "primitive" card...kinda' like what our resident existentialist does with "fundie"...and the analogy is over the top. It's easier to pin a label on something or someone and file cabinet that accurdingly than to investigate further...or assign them as myth if whatever issue seems absurd (usually because we ourselves most likely may not have the complete details. (Can we call that biaskepsis?)
    I know I use the word "primitive" a lot, but that's because we are talking about a lot of primitive concepts that seem to me to be as baseless as the young earth idea which is still held by many "modern" Christians. Are you suggesting that I have judged prematurely and should "investigate further" into the possibility that the earth is really only 6000 years old?

    And do you really think that it is "most likely" that all the crazy woo-woo is true and that it is rejected merely because the most informed generation in history (that's us) lack "the complete details"? I think you have it entirely backwards. The folks in the recent past didn't even know the cause of disease, weather, earthquakes so they declared it was all caused by their inscrutable gods whom they tried to appease with blood sacrifices, sacrifices of virgins, sacrifices of their own bodies through mortification of the flesh, and on and on and on it goes into the dark and terrifying nightmare of human history caused by superstitions born of ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Hope there's time to get to you on the Redacted thread...but recall how we stopped short last time you brought up the milk jug video? Was that you or me that did not have time to banter back?
    I've got some time this weekend. We've been in "crunch mode" at work, finishing the latest version of the project which has to role out before the end of the month. I'll see if I can find our old conversation on the milk jug. I really would like to see if anyone of the "believer mentality" has any reasonable answer for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Okay. The Timmy will take these in order as possible...redacted next.

    Shalom Alecheim (though I should start with that, I usually end with it...Even with company and friends here. So, let's add:
    Shlam 'lekhon


    Howz dat?
    Dat ist excelante.

    Aleichum a-salam.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •