Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did God have a Wife?

New archaeological findings around ruins of the first temple near Jerusalem supports the idea that ancient Hebrews were polytheistic. Female figurines found at the site suggest that Yahweh may have had a wife "Ashera" in the eyes of his followers.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/finds-in-is...3.html#vdghr0G
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

He had two (wives) doncha think? When you count both Judah and Israel as "Sons of Israel/Jacob".

Jer3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

Jer31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    He had two (wives) doncha think? When you count both Judah and Israel as "Sons of Israel/Jacob".

Jer3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

Jer31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
    Added to which (Exodus 4:22) And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

That is why God will never cast off Israel completely. (Jeremiah 46:28) Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the LORD: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.

Her name is Yerushalaim, (the city of the Great King).

Not from this world...from the other side
    If God wants, He can make tons of wives; obviously He doesn't need one. There is an article which claims that the papyrus that says Jesus had a wife is fake:

Researcher adds to evidence that ‘Jesus’s wife’ papyrus is a forgery
    May 13, 2014
    A fragmentary papyrus dubbed by Harvard scholar Karen King as the “Gospel of Jesus’s Wife”—and declared in April after lengthy tests to be an authentic writing from centuries ago—has been challenged anew by some scholars as a forgery.

An American researcher, Christian Askeland, published findings in late April that some colleagues say provides convincing evidence that the tiny fragment was forged.

The Washington Post said on May 5 that suspicions arose regarding another Coptic language fragment purportedly from the Gospel of John that was part of King’s article in the Harvard Theological Review. Both fragments, said Askeland, were written in the same hand and inked in a dialect that scholars say did not exist at the time they were said to be written.

In an interview with the New York Times on May 4, King acknowledged that Askeland’s arguments are legitimate criticisms. “This is substantive, it’s worth taking seriously, and it may point in the direction of forgery. This is one option that should receive serious consideration, but I don’t think it’s a done deal,” she said.

This saga “is moving into the realm of the absurd,” said Askeland. He is an assistant professor at Germany’s Protestant university Wuppertal and also works for Indiana Wesleyan University.

Askeland has good credentials for the analysis of documents written in Coptic, the language used by the early Christians in Egypt who translated biblical and apocryphal texts from Greek codices. Askeland did his Ph.D. thesis on the Coptic versions of the Gospel of John. He found, in the John fragment accompanying King’s article, that for 17 lines the breaks were identical, suggesting to Askeland that a forger may have copied the document from the Internet onto genuine papyrus. He suggested that if the John fragment was forged, it was likely that the “Jesus’s Wife” fragment was written by the same hand.

“It’s always exciting to find something new, but I take no joy in messing things up for Karen King,” he said to the Washington Post.
    God Bless.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Quote Originally Posted by toxon View Post
    Her name is Yerushalaim, (the city of the Great King).
    Amin...amunah: this is what it is ll about!

Shalom Aleichim Toxon

It's such a kick to hear some say they are the Bride of Christ totally ignorant of the parbolic example: the prince returning with his hosts/army after wining the battle, the marriage supper, taking his bride and being crowned conquering king by his father.

Hey, next time you her that, if you want to see a stupid gaze on their countenance,--(and sometimes even dumber varied explanations than their bedazzled daze,)--ask them why they need an invitation to the marriage supper of the Lamb since they're the bride.

Shalom Rav

Bbarefeeteded Timmy
    Last edited by Timmy; 05-14-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    New archaeological findings around ruins of the first temple near Jerusalem supports the idea that ancient Hebrews were polytheistic. Female figurines found at the site suggest that Yahweh may have had a wife "Ashera" in the eyes of his followers.

I also saw that show on TV...They found little figures of a women holding a child, etc. They also said the Hebrews used to have more than one God...false Gods. Those little figures also matched some Roman Gods, who took them from the Greeks, and whoever else had Gods.
    I don't think he needs a wife...he can watch you Rosy...and all the other Rosies.
    John 6:44 "No man can come to me unless the father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him in the last day."

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Amin...amunah: this is what it is ll about!

Shalom Aleichim Toxon

It's such a kick to hear some say they are the Bride of Christ totally ignorant of the parbolic example: the prince returning with his hosts/army after wining the battle, the marriage supper, taking his bride and being crowned conquering king by his father.
    Hey, next time you her that, if you want to see a stupid gaze on their countenance,--(and sometimes even dumber varied explanations than their bedazzled daze,)--ask them why they need an invitation to the marriage supper of the Lamb since they're the bride.
    Shalom Rav
    Bbarefeeteded Timmy
    The theme of marriage includes the allegory of Solomon having a thousand 'wives', but only one Son..
    Isaiah 54:5 "For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called". (He's also the Rock, the Potter, shield and buckler, consuming fire, etc. and maybe there's more?)

The HUSBAND prepares the dwelling for the wife who has "Christ formed in her", Gal 4:19, and looking forward to a place for the baby.. hah!
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Abraham sent his 'servant' to fetch a wife for Isaac (know the story? Gen24) -- READ how GOD has sent the Holy Spirit to fetch wives for Jesus, gals willing to water the camels! hah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post

This one is a bit dated Rose, but I was reviewing some of the threads and stumbled over this one, and couldn't resist.

Just go to the Sistine Chapel and look up at Michelangelo's masterpiece. Her name is Shekinah, you know the cute red-headed nude in God's left arm, as he makes finger contact with Adam. You know the one that looks like a numskull, where the centre of attention is the inner light of the pineal gland?

I thought it was time for a lighter, slightly humorous post from me. I guess I had better not call that one myself, even if I do laugh at my own jokes.

dp

Thread Information