Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update

Smile Update

Greetings from Alaska

We spent the 2nd week of March in Anchorage for medical appointments but mainly to attend a seminar sponsored by Wellsprings Ministry, Art Matthias in conjunction with Randy Clark and Bill Johnson. I was somewhat apprehensive in attending because of what I 'heard and read' from 'critics'. What I found were three men, filled with the Spirit of God, humble, with a passionate heart for God and the gospel. The seminar laid a biblical foundation on 'what is of God' - 'what is of the devil' and clearly revealed God the Father. The focus of the seminar was the Lord's prayer, especially forgiveness - 'forgive us our trespasses as WE forgive those' - whom we hold unforgiveness against - including God.

Omar has a history of glaucoma (as did his Mother). He has been blind in this left eye for over 40 years that I personally know of as a result of an early surgical procedure to relieve the pressure on the eye. As we prayed forgiveness in several areas - especially childhood hurts (remember he is 87 years old) - concerning his father's death when Omar was 7 years old, his left eye responded receiving sight. He can now see fingers from a close distance, read large font (155) print and we are praying for total resolution. I was at a service here in town two weeks ago and during praise and worship felt I had a Word of Knowledge concerning the root of deafness he has. I started praying in his ear so that he could hear me, praying forgiveness in the manner which he 'heard' of his father's death, forgiving his mother who never told him, the court systems for not preparing him, etc. His left ear popped open. Again we are praying for total resolution.

As they laid the foundation giving the clear picture of 'God the father' my own breathing started to clear. I haven't been able to smell anything significant for the past twenty years. My neighbor came over one day a couple of years ago and alerted me to a gas smell in my house that I was unaware of. I am amazed every day that I can actually smell things, fragrance of flowers - even smoke in restaurants. Before it just burned my eyes. Now I can smell it. I feel God is sharpening my discernment and I am beginning to hear Him more clearly.

We are rejoicing and praising God. I know some of you will ask, "Do you have a doctor's report?' Not as yet because that would be in Fairbanks (200 miles up the road) and we are not able to make that trip as yet. But I'm sure God will set a time for that too. For now we are just praising and thanking him. Omar's desire for the Word of God has been steadily increasing and that in itself is the biggest miracle.
    Jeremiah 20:9 " But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    Greetings from Alaska

We spent the 2nd week of March in Anchorage for medical appointments but mainly to attend a seminar sponsored by Wellsprings Ministry, Art Matthias in conjunction with Randy Clark and Bill Johnson. I was somewhat apprehensive in attending because of what I 'heard and read' from 'critics'. What I found were three men, filled with the Spirit of God, humble, with a passionate heart for God and the gospel. The seminar laid a biblical foundation on 'what is of God' - 'what is of the devil' and clearly revealed God the Father. The focus of the seminar was the Lord's prayer, especially forgiveness - 'forgive us our trespasses as WE forgive those' - whom we hold unforgiveness against - including God.

Omar has a history of glaucoma (as did his Mother). He has been blind in this left eye for over 40 years that I personally know of as a result of an early surgical procedure to relieve the pressure on the eye. As we prayed forgiveness in several areas - especially childhood hurts (remember he is 87 years old) - concerning his father's death when Omar was 7 years old, his left eye responded receiving sight. He can now see fingers from a close distance, read large font (155) print and we are praying for total resolution. I was at a service here in town two weeks ago and during praise and worship felt I had a Word of Knowledge concerning the root of deafness he has. I started praying in his ear so that he could hear me, praying forgiveness in the manner which he 'heard' of his father's death, forgiving his mother who never told him, the court systems for not preparing him, etc. His left ear popped open. Again we are praying for total resolution.

As they laid the foundation giving the clear picture of 'God the father' my own breathing started to clear. I haven't been able to smell anything significant for the past twenty years. My neighbor came over one day a couple of years ago and alerted me to a gas smell in my house that I was unaware of. I am amazed every day that I can actually smell things, fragrance of flowers - even smoke in restaurants. Before it just burned my eyes. Now I can smell it. I feel God is sharpening my discernment and I am beginning to hear Him more clearly.

We are rejoicing and praising God. I know some of you will ask, "Do you have a doctor's report?' Not as yet because that would be in Fairbanks (200 miles up the road) and we are not able to make that trip as yet. But I'm sure God will set a time for that too. For now we are just praising and thanking him. Omar's desire for the Word of God has been steadily increasing and that in itself is the biggest miracle.
    Hi Shalag!

Rejoicing and praising God - that is wonderful to hear.

It is interesting that I have a connection between "smell" and "discernment." I've noticed that too. It makes me think of the verse from Isaiah:
    KJV Isaiah 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
    Years ago I was reading this in Hebrew and noticed that it literallys says Vahareecho yirat YHVH (lit. he shall smell with the fear of the Lord) - the word vahareecho is va- (and- ) hareecho (he shall smell [reek] with the- ) fear of the Lord. The root word is hareecho (ch as in loch) is from the root "ruach" (like spirit) but meaning this:
    רוח ruwach {roo'-akh} a primitive root; TWOT - 2131; v AV - smell 8, touch 1, quick understanding 1, accept 1; 11 1) (Hiphil) to smell, scent, perceive odour, accept 1a) of horse 1b) of delight (metaph)
    I wonder if there is a connection with the English word "reek" (without the negative connotation).

In any case, your connection between smell and discernment seems based in Scripture and the profound mystery of the Hebrew language.

I stand with you in praise of God for His goodness, and how He has blessed you and Omar.

Talk more soon my friend,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Shalag,

Thank you for the great news! I like the way you see your many struggles as an opportunity for growth of both you and your husband.

Many blessings!
    Victor

Thread Information