Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Bible Wheel Book

This thread is for questions, comments, and reviews of the Bible Wheel book.

RAM

Allright, I`ve got one for you :

Have you received any reviews from any christian magazine, website or other "high-profiled" authority/spokesman (priest, rabbi etc) as of yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Skybreaker View Post
    Allright, I`ve got one for you :

Have you received any reviews from any christian magazine, website or other "high-profiled" authority/spokesman (priest, rabbi etc) as of yet?
    Nothing from anyone with a "high profile." I've received some great letters from pastors of local congregations, but there's something rather mysterious about the general silence. I really think it is a "God thing." All in His time.

Book Review BIBLEWHEEL

That's not really unusual - it's hard to review something that tells the truth and by reviewing it, the truth will be known and the truth shall set free. But then at the same time, one must be big enough to be able to admit "error" - Organized Religion might not be willing to go that far, but then at the same time, the Catholic Church / Pope John Paul II did apologize for the errors of the Church in 2000 (concerning Judaism, other Christian Religions etc. )

But as Richard says, it's a "God thing" and we cannot argue with God Almighty. HIS timing is perfect and nothing shall be hidden because HE says: "For lack of knowledge MY people shall die", how come YOU believers are so shy? Shout it to the world, let them see, let them hear... Richard is shouting from the rooftops... and all shall hear. Romans 11:32 : "God has shut up ALL in disobedience so that HE might show MERCY to all." All means all. All Christian Religions have some things right and some things wrong, but may the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY be the judge. The Biblewheel is just one of the many avenues GOD uses to open the eyes of the blind, the ears of the deaf etc. Although the 66 books of the Biblewheel are very convincing - and the book of Lamentations even hints at "66" in the THIRD (for the Trinity?)Chapter which has "66" verses - while all the other Chapters have only "22" verses according to the Hebrew Alphabeth.
    "Glory to God in the highest..." Let's pray for "HIGH PROFILE" endorsements, soon, even in these days, according to the perfect plan of GOD as laid out in Zechariah 8:18ff : v.23 "In those days ten men of every nation shall take hold of one Jew by the edge of his garment and say, "LET US GO WITH YOU, FOR WE HAVE HEARD THAT GOD IS WITH YOU." Amen & Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Nothing from anyone with a "high profile." I've received some great letters from pastors of local congregations, but there's something rather mysterious about the general silence. I really think it is a "God thing." All in His time.

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    That's not really unusual - it's hard to review something that tells the truth and by reviewing it, the truth will be known and the truth shall set free. But then at the same time, one must be big enough to be able to admit "error" - Organized Religion might not be willing to go that far, but then at the same time, the Catholic Church / Pope John Paul II did apologize for the errors of the Church in 2000 (concerning Judaism, other Christian Religions etc. )
    Yes, many Catholics have felt very threatened by the Bible Wheel because it confirms the divine design of the "Protestant" Bible. But the truth is that the 66 books are agreed upon by all Christians everywhere. The only dispute concerns the apocrypha, so the Bible Wheel should be a point of unity, not division. Of course, when one group of men tries to set itself up as the ultimate authority over all believers everywhere, the Bible Wheel literally becomes anathema, by which I mean the Council of Trent excommunicated anybody who does not hold the Apocrypha as inspired Scripture. Here is how they said it, after listing the 66 books + apocrypha of the Vulgate:

Quote Originally Posted by Council of Trent
    But if any one receive not, as sacred and canonical, the said books entire with all their parts, as they have been used to be read in the Catholic Church, and as they are contained in the old Latin vulgate edition; and knowingly and deliberately contemn the traditions aforesaid; let him be anathema.
    So Catholics will have a very hard time receiving the Bible Wheel as a revelation from God because it contradicts the false human traditions that have become embedded in the Catholic faith.

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    But as Richard says, it's a "God thing" and we cannot argue with God Almighty. HIS timing is perfect and nothing shall be hidden because HE says: "For lack of knowledge MY people shall die", how come YOU believers are so shy? Shout it to the world, let them see, let them hear... Richard is shouting from the rooftops... and all shall hear. Romans 11:32 : "God has shut up ALL in disobedience so that HE might show MERCY to all." All means all. All Christian Religions have some things right and some things wrong, but may the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY be the judge. The Biblewheel is just one of the many avenues GOD uses to open the eyes of the blind, the ears of the deaf etc. Although the 66 books of the Biblewheel are very convincing - and the book of Lamentations even hints at "66" in the THIRD (for the Trinity?)Chapter which has "66" verses - while all the other Chapters have only "22" verses according to the Hebrew Alphabeth.
    "Glory to God in the highest..." Let's pray for "HIGH PROFILE" endorsements, soon, even in these days, according to the perfect plan of GOD as laid out in Zechariah 8:18ff : v.23 "In those days ten men of every nation shall take hold of one Jew by the edge of his garment and say, "LET US GO WITH YOU, FOR WE HAVE HEARD THAT GOD IS WITH YOU." Amen & Amen.
    Amen!

Emmanuel is with us!

Shout it out!

Biblewheel endorsements

Richard, remember, we sent a copy of the Biblewheel to Archbishop Flynn and Cardinal William Keeler from Baltimore - Cardinal Keeler acknowledged receipt and thanked me for sending him THE BIBLEWHEEL... I met Cardinal Keeler at Temple Israel around 2001 - he is a faithful servant of the LORD - and as I understand the second highest on Jewish / Catholic relations - He accepted my writings and my walk with Jesus graciously with these words: "Thank you for carrying the cross of Christ!" I pass that onto you, Richard!

Let's work on sending one to Pope Benedict - he is a very smart man - and I believe that he is guided by the HOLY SPIRIT - what slums would the world be in without the works and prayers of the Catholic Church - even if many of them go to Church because of obligation, they do attend and GOD always puts OBEDIENCE above SACRIFICE (Micah 6:8). Even very recently Pope Benedict condemned all abortions and stated that anybody who supports abortion (mostly directed at politicians because they make the laws) should be excommunicated. That is a strong stand and politically incorrct, but the Church NEVER changed on this most important point - Let's give her - the Catholic Church - Credit for the GOOD she does worldwide. We are the hands and feet of Jesus, our LORD and SAVIOR, and we proclaim HIS WORD to all the Nations and as you said, without the Catholic Church we would not even have our Bible which she preserved for us from the death of Christ to the Reformation and beyond. Glory to GOD in the highest...
    In His most Holy Name,
    White

Hi Richard,
    Thanks for your link to the Church Document - You are the greatest - and never shy to show what has been taught even 460 years ago. I looked up the "Canons and Decrees of the Council of Trent"
    celebrated on the eight day of the month of April, in the year 1546 -

Wow - that is 4/8/1546 - exactly 402 years before my birth date -4/8/48!!
    and Israel's birth year!

Just for fun - I take the 402 years and connect it to

ISAIAH 4:2 ff.

"In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel. And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in ZION and he that remains in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem; When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment and by the spirit of burning. And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night; for upon all the glory shall be a defense. And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain."

Any comment on those "Messianic" verses?

Does GOD have a plan ? Or is HE just having fun with me in particular?

If you read my story - you will find out that the LORD showed me ISAIAH
    4:1 on 12/22/1996 - and that's of course when I discovered the rest of
    these verses, which are very different from the first verse. But I immediately saw them with the eyes of the Messianic Kingdom on Earth...

And these verses also reminded me of Moses in the wilderness guided by a cloud by day and fire by night - the very last verse of Exodus - 40:38 - "For the cloud of the LORD was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys."

If only the LORD would speak again in such a convincing, visible, clear, faithbuilding manner; maybe then the blind would see, the deaf hear, the lame walk and the dead be raised to eternal life. And the angels in Heaven would sing GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST. Amen & Amen.

In CHRIST,
    White

PS: Any Links on Isaiah 4:1-6? - especially on 4:1 - "And in that day SEVEN women shall take hold of ONE man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel; only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach."
    Actually the Living Bible reads as follow: "And in that day, seven woman shall take hold of one man, saying we will eat our own bread, wear our own clothes, only let us all marry you!" Would the LORD really ask SEVEN women to MARRY ONE MAN? The explanations for these texts invariably explain that there will be such few men left - during the times of tribulation -
    that 7 women will share one man - I just never bought that because it would contradict the WORD OF GOD -
    ONE MAN, ONE WOMAN!

This is the way I read it : In that day - Seven WOMEN = 7 CHURCHES meaning "all" the Churches because 7 is the number of perfection, will take hold of ONE MAN = JESUS / Y'SHUA HA-MASHIACH, wearing their own
    priestly clothes, eating their own HOLY COMMUNION, but ALL being MARRIED to JESUS / Y'SHUA for HIS GLORY alone!
    Does that not make more sense? Please comment!
    Last edited by White; 06-18-2007 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Never saw a link on Isaiah 4:1-6 - Pls enlighten me!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    This thread is for questions, comments, and reviews of the Bible Wheel book.

RAM
    I would like to purchase this book, but live outside of USA. If you have an ebook version in pdf or word format, then I would like to purchase that, since I understand that you cannot ship a physical book to he UK.

Also, you might create a "reader" app for your book, so that even though it is distributed as an ebook, it cannot be read without purchase.

I think that your work is very important.

The pattern you discovered is hidden beneath the surface, and requires a trans-temporal causality. It is my opinion that it bears the same relationship to the physical letter as spirit bears to matter - that is, it points to a reality beyond matter.

Please let me know if the pdf is available, and I will forward the money directly to the email for your Paypal account

Regards

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Craig.Paardekooper View Post
    I would like to purchase this book, but live outside of USA. If you have an ebook version in pdf or word format, then I would like to purchase that, since I understand that you cannot ship a physical book to he UK.

Also, you might create a "reader" app for your book, so that even though it is distributed as an ebook, it cannot be read without purchase.

I think that your work is very important.

The pattern you discovered is hidden beneath the surface, and requires a trans-temporal causality. It is my opinion that it bears the same relationship to the physical letter as spirit bears to matter - that is, it points to a reality beyond matter.

Please let me know if the pdf is available, and I will forward the money directly to the email for your Paypal account

Regards

Craig
    Hey there Craig,

Since I used to give the ebook away there are many free copies floating about on the web, such as this one that I found after a quick Google.

I agree that the pattern appears to require a "trans-temporal" explanation, but there is a problem with that. It's not nearly as good as it could be, so it is difficult to imagine that an infinitely intelligent God deliberately designed it. On the contrary, it seems similar to what we would expect if it evolved since it is "optimal" given the 66 books, but not nearly as impressive as it would be if the content of those 66 books were different. And there is a lot of evidence that the pattern evolved over time since we have records of different canon lists. I discuss this in my article An Evolutionary Explanation of the Bible Wheel. Here it is:

AN EVOLUTIONARY EXPLANATION OF THE BIBLE WHEEL

For most of the years since I discovered the Bible Wheel in 1995 I felt it was pretty much “self-evident” that God had designed it. The patterns seemed so obvious and profound. I could not imagine how they could have happened by chance, and it seemed impossible that some secret group of humans had done it since the Jews would have had to anticipate the later Christian NT when they put together the OT. So it seemed like an air-tight iron-clad case. I filled my website with the evidence. I wrote a 412 page book. I was dumbfounded that most folks, including Bible-believing Christians, could not see what I saw.

My conviction was strengthened by that fact that no one came close to presenting anything like a significant challenge to my claims despite endless hours on very hostile forums hosted by Christians, Jews, and Skeptics. I believed that the Bible Wheel was truly perfect in the sense explained in the Bible Wheel Challenge:
    THE BIBLE WHEEL CHALLENGE asserts that the Christian canon is truly perfect in the twofold sense that 1) no rearrangement of its books would improve upon the patterns discovered on the Bible Wheel, and 2) any rearrangement would cause an obvious degradation of existing patterns. The challenge is for the opponent to suggest a rearrangement and present arguments for why such a change would produce patterns equal to or superior to those presently seen in the Bible Wheel. This challenge simultaneously proves the invincibility of the Bible Wheel even as it demonstrates the vacuity of the skeptics canard that “patterns mean nothing because they can be found in anything.” It is an extremely powerful challenge because it can not be refuted without interacting with the data, and the data is the touchstone that proves the Bible Wheel.
    Unfortunately, I never could find even one person out of the seven billion on this planet who would respond to this challenge. So like most things, if you want something done right, you need to do it yourself.

I think I’ve finally found a way to explain the Bible Wheel without any appeal to God, angels, or any other metaphysical woo-woo. I think the Bible Wheel evolved through a scribal selection process as the text was edited and rearranged by the countless scribes over the centuries before the printing press.

This idea came to me two days ago when Rose and I were on our three mile morning walk. She mentioned how the Bible Wheel was not as perfect as I thought it was. She explained that though it might be “optimal” given the 66 books, it was no where near as good as it could have been if I could have edited those books myself to make them fit the pattern even better. And that’s the key to the error in my Bible Wheel Challenge. Yes, the structure of the Christian Canon may be “optimal” given the 66 books, but it is nowhere near what we would expect if it were designed by an infinitely intelligent God who was free to write the books any way he wanted to.

And then I realized that this is exactly what we see in the evolution of species. They “look” designed because they are made of many parts that work together in amazing ways. People ask “how could that tiger just happen by chance?” Their error, of course, is that it didn’t happen by chance. It happened through a process of natural selection acting upon variations in the gene pool. And the lack of “perfection” becomes obvious when we look closely at the animals that were supposedly so well designed. We see thousand of “design flaws” everywhere we look. This is because evolution has no “foresight” and so might go one way and then another and so arrives at a good, but not optimal structure. This is exactly what I see in the Bible Wheel. There is enough evidence to show that it did not “happen by chance” but it’s not nearly good enough to prove that it was “intelligently designed.” So where’s the midpoint of these two excluded extremes? Evolution.

Michael Shermer accurately describes humans as “pattern-seeking story-telling animals” that are “quite adept at telling stories about patterns, whether they exist or not.” Now put these pattern-seekers in front of a “Holy Text” that they meditate upon day and night for fifteen hundred years (before the printing press) and watch how the document evolved over time. I’m not talking so much about the text itself, but rather the arrangement of the text – the order and content of the Canon – that resulted in the Bible Wheel. There were hundreds of variations for people to choose from. It took centuries for the final form to emerge under the action of the selective pressure of the scribes looking for, and imposing, patterns.

A brief look at the variations of the Christian canon during the first five centuries of the current era shows how many “genetic variations” were available for the scribes to select from. Here is a table given in James Moffatt’s Introduction to the Literature of the New Testament, (3rd ed. T&T Clark Ltd, 1981) where Moffatt he presented the variations in hte arrangements of groups of books. The abbreviations “Evv, Acts, Paul, Cath, Apoc.” stand for “Evanglia (Gospels), Acts, Pauline Epistles, Catholic Epistles (James, Peter, John, Jude) and Apocalypse (Revelation). Column B shows the pattern that was finally “selected” before the order was locked in place by the printing press. It is what we see in all modern Bibles.
    Moffett’s Table of the various orders of early NT Manuscripts (source)
    A B C D E F G
    Epiph.: Jerome: א: Codex Fuldensis, etc. Council of Carthage: Amphil- ochius: Philastrius: Rufinus: Syriac Canon (om. Cath. and Apoc.), etc. Chryso- stom. Apost. Constit. ( ii.57). Codex Alex- andrinus: Athanasius: Cyril: Leontius (6th cent.): Cassiodorus: Nicephorus (om. Apoc.), etc. Council of Laodicea: Cyril of Jerusalem: John of Damascus, etc. Augustine: Innocent 1.: Isidore of Spain (7th cent.), etc.
    Evv
    Paul
    Acts
    Cath
    Apoc
    Evv
    Acts
    Paul
    Cath
    Apoc
    Paul
    Evv
    Acts
    Cath
    Acts
    Paul
    Evv
    Evv
    Acts
    Cath
    Paul
    Apoc
    Evv
    Acts
    Cath
    Evv
    Paul
    Cath
    Acts
    Apoc

Now this table is represents only the most common arrangements. A much larger and more detailed list of 26 variations is found in The Canon Debate, edited by McDonald and Sanders, only one of which is identical in every way to the modern canon. An interesting curiosity, which may show the selection process in action, is the coupling of the book of Acts with Revelation either at the end of the canon or immediately after the Gospels. Was this a scribal intuition that these books “should” go together? If so, they would be pleased to see their intuition satisfied with the alignment of Acts and Revelation on Spoke 22. Likewise, the Song of Solomon was the final book on the canon list by Rufinus (404 C.E.), perhaps as an intuition of the love story being a consummation of the canon. If so, he too would be satisfied to see it’s alignment with Acts and Revelation on Spoke 22. It is a well-documented fact that many medieval Christian leaders wrote joint commentaries on the Song and the Apocalypse.

My hypothesis is also confirmed by this discussion of the arrangement of books found in A General Introduction to the Bible by Norman Geisler and William Nix. After discussing the various patterns of the canon in Hebrew, Greek, Latin, and English Bibles, they said this:
    Because the present structure of the English Bible has been subject to several historical variations, it would be too much to assume that it is God-given. The order as we have it is not, however, purely arbitrary. In fact, the order shows evidence of being purposefully directed, at least insofar as it falls into meaningful categories, because it presents the historical unfolding of the drama of redemptive revelation.
    This fits my thesis. The pattern is obvious and too well designed to be chance, but there is too much evidence of “historical variations” (or shall we say deliberate manipulation?) to say that it is “God-given.”

So that is my thesis. I think it is possible that the order of the canon, and hence the pattern of the Bible Wheel, was slowly selected from a wide variety of hundreds of possibilities over a period of fifteen hundred years to fit the intuitions and desires of the pattern-finding and pattern-creating scribes. This hypothesis explains how we got the patterns that could not have happened by chance, and why those patterns are inferior to what we would expect if the Bible were deliberately designed by an infinitely intelligent and wise God.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Hey there Craig,

Since I used to give the ebook away there are many free copies floating about on the web, such as this one that I found after a quick Google.

I agree that the pattern appears to require a "trans-temporal" explanation, but there is a problem with that. It's not nearly as good as it could be, so it is difficult to imagine that an infinitely intelligent God deliberately designed it. On the contrary, it seems similar to what we would expect if it evolved since it is "optimal" given the 66 books, but not nearly as impressive as it would be if the content of those 66 books were different. And there is a lot of evidence that the pattern evolved over time since we have records of different canon lists. I discuss this in my article An Evolutionary Explanation of the Bible Wheel. Here it is:

AN EVOLUTIONARY EXPLANATION OF THE BIBLE WHEEL

For most of the years since I discovered the Bible Wheel in 1995 I felt it was pretty much “self-evident” that God had designed it. The patterns seemed so obvious and profound. I could not imagine how they could have happened by chance, and it seemed impossible that some secret group of humans had done it since the Jews would have had to anticipate the later Christian NT when they put together the OT. So it seemed like an air-tight iron-clad case. I filled my website with the evidence. I wrote a 412 page book. I was dumbfounded that most folks, including Bible-believing Christians, could not see what I saw.

My conviction was strengthened by that fact that no one came close to presenting anything like a significant challenge to my claims despite endless hours on very hostile forums hosted by Christians, Jews, and Skeptics. I believed that the Bible Wheel was truly perfect in the sense explained in the Bible Wheel Challenge:
    THE BIBLE WHEEL CHALLENGE asserts that the Christian canon is truly perfect in the twofold sense that 1) no rearrangement of its books would improve upon the patterns discovered on the Bible Wheel, and 2) any rearrangement would cause an obvious degradation of existing patterns. The challenge is for the opponent to suggest a rearrangement and present arguments for why such a change would produce patterns equal to or superior to those presently seen in the Bible Wheel. This challenge simultaneously proves the invincibility of the Bible Wheel even as it demonstrates the vacuity of the skeptics canard that “patterns mean nothing because they can be found in anything.” It is an extremely powerful challenge because it can not be refuted without interacting with the data, and the data is the touchstone that proves the Bible Wheel.
    Unfortunately, I never could find even one person out of the seven billion on this planet who would respond to this challenge. So like most things, if you want something done right, you need to do it yourself.

I think I’ve finally found a way to explain the Bible Wheel without any appeal to God, angels, or any other metaphysical woo-woo. I think the Bible Wheel evolved through a scribal selection process as the text was edited and rearranged by the countless scribes over the centuries before the printing press.

This idea came to me two days ago when Rose and I were on our three mile morning walk. She mentioned how the Bible Wheel was not as perfect as I thought it was. She explained that though it might be “optimal” given the 66 books, it was no where near as good as it could have been if I could have edited those books myself to make them fit the pattern even better. And that’s the key to the error in my Bible Wheel Challenge. Yes, the structure of the Christian Canon may be “optimal” given the 66 books, but it is nowhere near what we would expect if it were designed by an infinitely intelligent God who was free to write the books any way he wanted to.

And then I realized that this is exactly what we see in the evolution of species. They “look” designed because they are made of many parts that work together in amazing ways. People ask “how could that tiger just happen by chance?” Their error, of course, is that it didn’t happen by chance. It happened through a process of natural selection acting upon variations in the gene pool. And the lack of “perfection” becomes obvious when we look closely at the animals that were supposedly so well designed. We see thousand of “design flaws” everywhere we look. This is because evolution has no “foresight” and so might go one way and then another and so arrives at a good, but not optimal structure. This is exactly what I see in the Bible Wheel. There is enough evidence to show that it did not “happen by chance” but it’s not nearly good enough to prove that it was “intelligently designed.” So where’s the midpoint of these two excluded extremes? Evolution.

Michael Shermer accurately describes humans as “pattern-seeking story-telling animals” that are “quite adept at telling stories about patterns, whether they exist or not.” Now put these pattern-seekers in front of a “Holy Text” that they meditate upon day and night for fifteen hundred years (before the printing press) and watch how the document evolved over time. I’m not talking so much about the text itself, but rather the arrangement of the text – the order and content of the Canon – that resulted in the Bible Wheel. There were hundreds of variations for people to choose from. It took centuries for the final form to emerge under the action of the selective pressure of the scribes looking for, and imposing, patterns.

A brief look at the variations of the Christian canon during the first five centuries of the current era shows how many “genetic variations” were available for the scribes to select from. Here is a table given in James Moffatt’s Introduction to the Literature of the New Testament, (3rd ed. T&T Clark Ltd, 1981) where Moffatt he presented the variations in hte arrangements of groups of books. The abbreviations “Evv, Acts, Paul, Cath, Apoc.” stand for “Evanglia (Gospels), Acts, Pauline Epistles, Catholic Epistles (James, Peter, John, Jude) and Apocalypse (Revelation). Column B shows the pattern that was finally “selected” before the order was locked in place by the printing press. It is what we see in all modern Bibles.
    Moffett’s Table of the various orders of early NT Manuscripts (source)
    A B C D E F G
    Epiph.: Jerome: א: Codex Fuldensis, etc. Council of Carthage: Amphil- ochius: Philastrius: Rufinus: Syriac Canon (om. Cath. and Apoc.), etc. Chryso- stom. Apost. Constit. ( ii.57). Codex Alex- andrinus: Athanasius: Cyril: Leontius (6th cent.): Cassiodorus: Nicephorus (om. Apoc.), etc. Council of Laodicea: Cyril of Jerusalem: John of Damascus, etc. Augustine: Innocent 1.: Isidore of Spain (7th cent.), etc.
    Evv
    Paul
    Acts
    Cath
    Apoc
    Evv
    Acts
    Paul
    Cath
    Apoc
    Paul
    Evv
    Acts
    Cath
    Acts
    Paul
    Evv
    Evv
    Acts
    Cath
    Paul
    Apoc
    Evv
    Acts
    Cath
    Evv
    Paul
    Cath
    Acts
    Apoc

Now this table is represents only the most common arrangements. A much larger and more detailed list of 26 variations is found in The Canon Debate, edited by McDonald and Sanders, only one of which is identical in every way to the modern canon. An interesting curiosity, which may show the selection process in action, is the coupling of the book of Acts with Revelation either at the end of the canon or immediately after the Gospels. Was this a scribal intuition that these books “should” go together? If so, they would be pleased to see their intuition satisfied with the alignment of Acts and Revelation on Spoke 22. Likewise, the Song of Solomon was the final book on the canon list by Rufinus (404 C.E.), perhaps as an intuition of the love story being a consummation of the canon. If so, he too would be satisfied to see it’s alignment with Acts and Revelation on Spoke 22. It is a well-documented fact that many medieval Christian leaders wrote joint commentaries on the Song and the Apocalypse.

My hypothesis is also confirmed by this discussion of the arrangement of books found in A General Introduction to the Bible by Norman Geisler and William Nix. After discussing the various patterns of the canon in Hebrew, Greek, Latin, and English Bibles, they said this:
    Because the present structure of the English Bible has been subject to several historical variations, it would be too much to assume that it is God-given. The order as we have it is not, however, purely arbitrary. In fact, the order shows evidence of being purposefully directed, at least insofar as it falls into meaningful categories, because it presents the historical unfolding of the drama of redemptive revelation.
    This fits my thesis. The pattern is obvious and too well designed to be chance, but there is too much evidence of “historical variations” (or shall we say deliberate manipulation?) to say that it is “God-given.”

So that is my thesis. I think it is possible that the order of the canon, and hence the pattern of the Bible Wheel, was slowly selected from a wide variety of hundreds of possibilities over a period of fifteen hundred years to fit the intuitions and desires of the pattern-finding and pattern-creating scribes. This hypothesis explains how we got the patterns that could not have happened by chance, and why those patterns are inferior to what we would expect if the Bible were deliberately designed by an infinitely intelligent and wise God.

The sub-optimal quality of the Bible Wheel does not negate the God Influence hypothesis, it only negates the God Direct hypothesis. If God DIRECTLY wrote the Bible, then yes it would surely need to be optimal, error free, and perfect in every way.

However if God only influenced the writing of the Bible, the Holy Spirit having to work through the filter of the individual's psyche, then we would expect a less than optimal Bible - coloured by cultural norms and attitudes.

The books do fall together into natural categories - 5 books of the Torah, 12 Historical books, 5 books of wisdom, 5 books of the major prophets, 12 books of the minor prophets
    5 gospel books, 22 letters.

These books occur together because they are similar. The question is - why the numbers 5, 12, 5. Scribes would be unlikely to delete or add entire books just to create a pretty numerical pattern.

And Biblos = 314 = 22 / 7, the 22 spokes divided into 7 parts.

And then there is Isaiah.

Isaiah occurs at the midpoint of the Hebrew story - 770 years after the Exodus, and 770 years before the end of Israel. At this very midpoint, the book of Isaiah is written which embodies the entire Bible with 66 chapters.

Regardless of the explanation for the origin of the Bible Wheel, I would suggest that you still create a reader for your pdf and then distribute it through out the world - to all the churches. It is not something that should have been confined to the USA only.

A reader, is a software interface that allows people to access, but not download the info. It has the advantage of an index, and a full colour presentation, and so is superior to the version linked to above. You can easily password protect a reader, so each purchase comes with a user password and username.

Once the reader is built, I would also suggest that you create Youtube videos about the Bible wheel. I don't think Youtube even existed back in the 90s. It has since become a major driving force for sales.

Your discovery, at it's very least, is the discovery of a beautiful and intriguing pattern that should fascinate Christians world-wide - for hundreds of years to come...... and make you rich...... A pdf reader costs $0 to make and distribute, there are no printing costs - yet it can be distributed world-wide at the click of a button.
    Last edited by Craig.Paardekooper; 06-27-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Thread Information