Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6th Day Bread ?

dp:

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Off the cuff, dp, I think totality (what is said everywhere..), at least as important as context and I don't regularly try to match arithmetics.

So what's your definition of a 'dispensationist'? Sounds like Pre-Law / LAW / FAITH to me, so guess I qualify..
    That wasn't meant to be a put-down dux. You merely activated my mind about my understanding of leaven, and it just so happens that the camp of believers that I think are wrong on these two words: leaven, and birds, are the Dispensationalists.

As for a definition, Charles Ryrie, the leading dispensational theologian of our time, defines it this way:

Premillenialists [sc., dispensationalists] believe that theirs is the historic faith of the Church. Holding to a literal interpretation of the Scripture, they believe that the promises made to Abraham and David are unconditional and have had or will have a literal fulfillment. In no sense have these promises made to Israel been abrogated [done away with] or fulilled by the Church, which is a distinct body in this age having promises and a destiny different from Israel's. At the close of this age, premillenialists believe that Christ wil return for His Church, meeting her in the air (this is not the Second Coming of Christ), which event, called the rapture or translation, will usher in a seven year period of tribulation on the earth. After this, the Lord will return to the earth (this is the Second Coming of Christ) to establish His Kingdom on the earth for a thousand years, during which time the promises to Israel will be fulfilled.
    Kenneth Gentry, a partial preterist theologian, adds these distinctive features to this definition:

1. The Davidic Kingdom, an earthly, political kingdom, was offered by Christ in the first century. It was rejected by the Jews and thereby postponed until the future.

2. The Church Age is a wholly unforeseen and distinct era in the plan of God. It was altogether unknown to and unexpected by the Old Testament prophets. It is called a "parenthesis".

3. God has a separate and distinct program and plan for racial Israel, as distiguished from the Church. The Church of Jesus Christ is a paranthetical aside in the original plan of God,

4. The Church may experience occasional small scale successes in history, but ultimately she will lose influence, fail in her mission, and become corrupted as worldwide evil intensifies toward the end of the Church Age.

5. Christ will return secretly in the sky to rapture living saints and resurrect the bodies of deceased saints (the first resurrection). These will be removed out of the world before the Great Tribulation. The judgement of the saints will be accomplished in heaven during the seven-year Great Tribulation period before Christ's bodily return to the earth.

6. At the conclusion of the seven-year Great Tribulation, Christ will return to the earth in order to establish and personally administer a Jewish political kingdom headquartered at Jerusalem for 1000 years. During this time, Satan will be bound, and the temple and sacrificial system will be re-established in Jerusalem as memorials.

7. Toward the end of the Millennial Kingdom, Satan will be loosed and Christ surrounded and attacked at Jerusalem.

8. Christ will call down fire from heaven to destroy His enemies. The resurrection (the second resurrection) and judgement of the wicked will occur, initiating the eternal order.
    There are many premillenial Christians who classify themselves as Historic Premillennialists. They differ quite significantly from the Dispensational school, in that they address Israel and the Church in a more unified manner, but similar in their millennial understanding of the return of Christ and His 1,000 year reign on earth.
    The other main Christian schools include the Amillennialists, and the Postmillennialists.

If you are at all interested, at least from a definitional point of view, then I can define them too.

dp

Well thanks, dpenn, and no offense taken! Doubt if I fit any of those categories, though wife and I graduated from Rhema College in Okla. For sure don't insist on 100% literal...hah!

Have you looked at my website? http://cswnet.com/~duxrow/ (a labor of love, and not your usual).. Most of my posts here on BWF have been taken from there, and still finding things to add.

I started my website in 2000 (same year as Richard began this forum, seems to me), so now it's been about 14 years and that may well be a significant year -- we'll soon see. All the best, /s/ dux
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

dp:

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Have you looked at my website? http://cswnet.com/~duxrow/ (a labor of love, and not your usual).. Most of my posts here on BWF have been taken from there, and still finding things to add.

I started my website in 2000 (same year as Richard began this forum, seems to me), so now it's been about 14 years and that may well be a significant year -- we'll soon see. All the best, /s/ dux
    dux, yes I browsed through your site back when we first had our discussion about the Matthew and Luke genealogies.

dp

Thread Information