Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

To the Tao...ENTER!

Many believe the Hua Hu Jing (fourth century BC) was written by Lao Tzu. Although its authorship is contested, the contents of this book are remarkable. Here is a quote:

Name:  yin-yang-fish-2.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  60.0 KB

Seventy
    The cords of passion and desire weave a binding net around you. Worldly confrontation makes you stiff and inflexible. The trap of duality is tenacious. Bound, rigid, and trapped, you cannot experience liberation. Through dual cultivation it is possible to unravel the net, soften the rigidity, dismantle the trap. Dissolving your yin energy into the source of universal life, attracting the yang energy from that same source, you leave behind individuality and your life becomes pure nature. Free of ego, living naturally, working virtuously, you become filled with inexhaustible vitality and are liberated forever from the cycle of death and rebirth. Understand this if nothing else: spiritual freedom and oneness with the Tao are not randomly bestowed gifts, but the rewards of conscious self-transformation and self-evolution.

Seventy-One
    The transformation toward eternal life is gradual. The heavy, gross energy of body, mind, and spirit must first be purified and uplifted. When the energy ascends to the subtle level, then self-mastery can be sought. A wise instructor teaches the powerful principles of self-integration only to those who have already achieved a high level of self-purification and self-mastery. In addition, all proper teaching follows the law of energy response: the most effective method is always that to which the student's natural energy most harmoniously responds. For one, celibacy and self-cultivation will be appropriate; for another, properly guided dual cultivation will derive the greatest benefit. A discerning teacher will determine the proper balance of practices for each individual. In any case, know that all teachers and techniques are only transitional: true realization comes from the direct merger of one's being with the divine energy of the Tao.
    ==========

Namaste,

Mystykal

Namaste!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanti Raja View Post
    Thanks for this Tao site. I have been reading Tao for 16 years and have included the Hua also,and love it!
    Coming up from Christianity thru Eastern Philo. then the Tao, I have experienced a lot of differing views. All along the Way, the truth has always come to my heart with confirmation. All the paths leading to heaven go thru the Heart,the Door. For in that Heart Center is the Bliss of "God". That has always been my confirmation.
    Hope to share more later... peace
    Hi Shanti:

Thank you for the nice comments. Although many in the West do not know the differences between the Tao and other traditions it is always nice to see the light shining through!

Namaste,

Mystykal
    Mystykal

I meant to tell you that the 2 readings you posted and the artwork of yin/yang was right to the center of it all.
    I have been devoted to understanding yin/yang in all its aspects lately and have discovered some eye-opening revelations. Then to "see" with the inner eye just what it looks like is transforming as it has been this past year.
    I recently moved to Sedona and have experienced a wonderful new opportunity to enhance my walk. The energy there is incredible! I have also been looking for people on the path that are taking it seriously enough to make real changes for themselves and their surroundings. I have been too long in a dry area of those who don't want to move forward with effort. I have looked for these fellow travelers all my life but they were just taking detours around the hard work it takes to be "real",living from your spirit center. I,too, have taken many detours but not for long. The driving "force" within me is strong and I choose to follow into eternity...
    Thanks for this space to share my heart song: Peace,Love Blessings to All!

The Mystic's Mind

Name:  tao symbol.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  3.2 KB

Zen...Satori...Yoga...Aikido...Bushido. All things which tend to lead the mind to open up to a path which is lit by the stars. An other worldly ambiance seems to pervade the esoteric disciplines which brought us great social change, through its adherents, which attempted to bring understanding to a world of changes, pain, and despair. Bringing with them light, joy and peace. Within that context, the world now shines a bit brighter... And all of humanity benefits as it takes in the moment.

It is easy to dismiss all things mystical as just fantasy and from the land filled with unicorns and gnomes. A place which only exists in the imagination of a child-like mind. Yet, it is this trusting innocence which is valued as a way to salvation. We can only save our lost world through the exercise of those things which bring love and compassion to life. It is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life. The world is waiting.... The mystical mind experience beckons us to look and live.
    Last edited by Mystykal; 11-02-2013 at 02:23 AM.
    Mystykal

THE CELESTIAL GATE MEDITATION by Tom Kenyon

Name:  blue-face-third-eye.png
Views: 33
Size:  42.7 KB

As with other forms of internal alchemy, the Taoist practitioner must train the mind to enter prolonged states of stillness. This quiescence of mind is crucial since the Tao can only be experienced in mental silence, and many of the alchemical transformations of Taoist alchemy also require a silent mind as well.

The Celestial Gate Meditation

The Celestial Gate Meditation practice is based on Dragon Points. Dragon Points, as I mentioned earlier, are places of convergence, where one form of chi meets another.

There are several Dragon Points within the human body. The Celestial Gate is just one of these, and happens to be a place where heavenly chi (a very subtle form of chi) flows into the body and meets the terrestrial (or earth) chi of the body itself. Thus this place is an energetically charged area, and Taoist sages discovered a long time ago how to take advantage of it.

Sit comfortably and close your eyes. You can lie down if you wish, but this makes some people go to sleep. For a moment, just notice your breath. Don’t change it in any way; just watch it. Notice the rhythm and the depth of your breath. Then after a moment, become aware of the space about an inch behind the bridge of the nose. Imagine that there is an opening about one inch square in this area. This is the Celestial Gate. All you do is focus on it.

Do not concentrate on it. Just be aware of it. If you are having thoughts or fantasies, this is not a problem. Let them continue on their merry way. Just let some part of your attention be on the opening. You can think all you want about anything you want and the practice will still work so long as some part of your attention is on the Celestial Gate (the opening).

As you continue to focus at the gate, you will notice that thoughts eventually seem to slow down. After a while, there will be more space between the thoughts or fantasies. And eventually they will stop altogether, if only temporarily. It is during these moments that you might find that your breath has stopped or has become very shallow. This is natural, and is, in fact, a sign that you are entering the deeper states of stillness. It is in these deepest states of quiescence where there is no breath and no thought that contact with the Tao takes place.

Doing it for about five minutes will usually give you a clear sense of how this practice alters awareness. Beginners usually take several minutes to settle down into the light stages of mental stillness. But over time these periods get longer and one feels more confident about how to enter these deeply relaxing states of mind.

Research has shown that stillness practices, such as this, are very effective at counteracting some of the negative effects of stress. Just twenty minutes once or twice a day can make a tremendous difference in your sense of wellbeing.

Don’t let the simplicity of this meditation fool you. It is a profound stillness practice that will eventually lead you to a direct experience of the Tao itself. Gently extend the periods of stillness, so that you become acquainted with and comfortable with these deep places of quiet.

In Taoism, the deepest secrets are revealed only by the Tao itself. You cannot find the deeper alchemical truths in books for it is forbidden to write about them. Thus, meditations like the Celestial Gate are cosmic keys. They can, if practiced faithfully over time, open the inner doors of perception.

But you must turn the key to open the lock. Just thinking about it won’t create transformation. If you wish to experience the mysteries of the Tao for yourself, don’t just read about them. Turn the key and walk through the door.

© 2012 Tom Kenyon. All rights reserved. http://tomekenyon.com

You may make copies of this message and distribute it in any media as long as you change nothing, do not charge for it, credit the author, and include this complete copyright notice and web address.
    Mystykal

Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    The Mystic's Mind

Name:  tao symbol.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  3.2 KB

Zen...Satori...Yoga...Aikido...Bushido. All things which tend to lead the mind to open up to a path which is lit by the stars. An other worldly ambiance seems to pervade the esoteric disciplines which brought us great social change, through its adherents, which attempted to bring understanding to a world of changes, pain, and despair. Bringing with them light, joy and peace. Within that context, the world now shines a bit brighter... And all of humanity benefits as it takes in the moment.

It is easy to dismiss all things mystical as just fantasy and from the land filled with unicorns and gnomes. A place which only exists in the imagination of a child-like mind. Yet, it is this trusting innocence which is valued as a way to salvation. We can only save our lost world through the exercise of those things which bring love and compassion to life. It is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life. The world is waiting.... The mystical mind experience beckons us to look and live.
    Good morning Mystykal,

I totally agree that there is a wonderful "mystical" state of mind that is to be greatly valued as part of the spectrum of consciousness. The only problem is when folks start to populate it with their own fantasy creatures like gnomes, fairies, God-models, holy spirits, magic crystals, and rainbow unicorns. If Taoism teaches anything, it is that you must empty your mind of all such mental constructs because they will obstruct your vision of Reality.

A child-like mind is wonderful in its openness to the mystical qualities of life, but highly undesirable in its aspect of gullibility and ignorance. It would be folly to want to have a "childlike mind" in all aspects.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

THE CELESTIAL GATE MEDITATION by Tom Kenyon

Name:  blue-face-third-eye.png
Views: 33
Size:  42.7 KB

As with other forms of internal alchemy, the Taoist practitioner must train the mind to enter prolonged states of stillness. This quiescence of mind is crucial since the Tao can only be experienced in mental silence, and many of the alchemical transformations of Taoist alchemy also require a silent mind as well.

The Celestial Gate Meditation

The Celestial Gate Meditation practice is based on Dragon Points. Dragon Points, as I mentioned earlier, are places of convergence, where one form of chi meets another.

There are several Dragon Points within the human body. The Celestial Gate is just one of these, and happens to be a place where heavenly chi (a very subtle form of chi) flows into the body and meets the terrestrial (or earth) chi of the body itself. Thus this place is an energetically charged area, and Taoist sages discovered a long time ago how to take advantage of it.

Sit comfortably and close your eyes. You can lie down if you wish, but this makes some people go to sleep. For a moment, just notice your breath. Don’t change it in any way; just watch it. Notice the rhythm and the depth of your breath. Then after a moment, become aware of the space about an inch behind the bridge of the nose. Imagine that there is an opening about one inch square in this area. This is the Celestial Gate. All you do is focus on it.

Do not concentrate on it. Just be aware of it. If you are having thoughts or fantasies, this is not a problem. Let them continue on their merry way. Just let some part of your attention be on the opening. You can think all you want about anything you want and the practice will still work so long as some part of your attention is on the Celestial Gate (the opening).

As you continue to focus at the gate, you will notice that thoughts eventually seem to slow down. After a while, there will be more space between the thoughts or fantasies. And eventually they will stop altogether, if only temporarily. It is during these moments that you might find that your breath has stopped or has become very shallow. This is natural, and is, in fact, a sign that you are entering the deeper states of stillness. It is in these deepest states of quiescence where there is no breath and no thought that contact with the Tao takes place.

Doing it for about five minutes will usually give you a clear sense of how this practice alters awareness. Beginners usually take several minutes to settle down into the light stages of mental stillness. But over time these periods get longer and one feels more confident about how to enter these deeply relaxing states of mind.

Research has shown that stillness practices, such as this, are very effective at counteracting some of the negative effects of stress. Just twenty minutes once or twice a day can make a tremendous difference in your sense of wellbeing.

Don’t let the simplicity of this meditation fool you. It is a profound stillness practice that will eventually lead you to a direct experience of the Tao itself. Gently extend the periods of stillness, so that you become acquainted with and comfortable with these deep places of quiet.
    I totally agree with the value of meditation and I highly recommend it. But I'm quickly turned off by the creation of metaphysical wonderlands with "heavenly chi" and what not. We can't even measure "earthly chi" let alone the "subtle form" that comes from "heaven." And so what could be a serious discussion of meditation because a fantasy playground for children to imagine mystical fairies, gnomes, and heavenly chi.

In Taoism, the deepest secrets are revealed only by the Tao itself. You cannot find the deeper alchemical truths in books for it is forbidden to write about them. Thus, meditations like the Celestial Gate are cosmic keys. They can, if practiced faithfully over time, open the inner doors of perception.
    Forbidden by whom? How do they enforce their authority? What happens if you violate their rule? Do they have a Tao Police Force that arrests people who reveal secrets?

Kenyon appears to be promoting simple-minded superstitions and literalist (fundamentalist) style thinking so common among "believers" who have been taught to have minds like children since otherwise they would see through the crap with their sharp, critical, adult minds.

But dont' get me wrong. I see great value in mediation and I have no problem with colorful figurative language like "dragon gate" to describe the techniques and physiology. My problem is only with fundamentalist literalist childlike thinking that makes people stupid and vulnerable to manipulation by corrupt "spiritual" leaders. That's the real problem with promoting the idea that folks should have "childlike" minds. It makes them gullible and vulnerable. That's not a good thing.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Childlike Faith v/s fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I totally agree with the value of meditation and I highly recommend it. But I'm quickly turned off by the creation of metaphysical wonderlands with "heavenly chi" and what not. We can't even measure "earthly chi" let alone the "subtle form" that comes from "heaven." And so what could be a serious discussion of meditation because a fantasy playground for children to imagine mystical fairies, gnomes, and heavenly chi.

Forbidden by whom? How do they enforce their authority? What happens if you violate their rule? Do they have a Tao Police Force that arrests people who reveal secrets?

Kenyon appears to be promoting simple-minded superstitions and literalist (fundamentalist) style thinking so common among "believers" who have been taught to have minds like children since otherwise they would see through the crap with their sharp, critical, adult minds.

But dont' get me wrong. I see great value in mediation and I have no problem with colorful figurative language like "dragon gate" to describe the techniques and physiology. My problem is only with fundamentalist literalist childlike thinking that makes people stupid and vulnerable to manipulation by corrupt "spiritual" leaders. That's the real problem with promoting the idea that folks should have "childlike" minds. It makes them gullible and vulnerable. That's not a good thing.
    Hi Richard:

I understand your skepticism in writing styles... I guess because of the difficulty of translation of the Tao writings often western writers use words which do not have a good useage in everyday speech. The notions spoken of in this article are making reference to the old tradition of secrecy surrounding the temples of the Cha'an dynasty. Like martial arts, the true techniques are still not taught to the average student. The inner teachings are held close to the vest even today... So often the material is unknown to the masses.

There is always the danger of attaching to a certain person or system of practice which can be full of deception. However, the true master never leads the student astray! The trick is to find a true master...

To think that holding back and questioning all things is the way to find the true way is pure rubbish! You must immerse yourself in the full expression of that which you are looking for. Otherwise your search will be in vain.

"You will find me when you search for me with all of your heart." The Bible

Namaste,

Mystykal
    Mystykal

Child's Play...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Good morning Mystykal,

I totally agree that there is a wonderful "mystical" state of mind that is to be greatly valued as part of the spectrum of consciousness. The only problem is when folks start to populate it with their own fantasy creatures like gnomes, fairies, God-models, holy spirits, magic crystals, and rainbow unicorns. If Taoism teaches anything, it is that you must empty your mind of all such mental constructs because they will obstruct your vision of Reality.

A child-like mind is wonderful in its openness to the mystical qualities of life, but highly undesirable in its aspect of gullibility and ignorance. It would be folly to want to have a "childlike mind" in all aspects.

Richard
    Hi Richard:
    Thanks for the comments... As the Word says, "When I was a child I spake and thought as a child... But when I became a man I put away childish things." Paul

So, your point is well traken. However, The trusting innocence of childhood is a riquirement if one is to enter into the "kingdom of GOD." This is not blind faith as you like to believe but rather a real state of conscious being. This mind state is very real and accessible to those who take the time to develop their awareness of the truth.

Namaste,

Mystykal
    Mystykal

Thread Information