Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I wonder how well it would go over if a white church, such as a home church of a prominent white leader, posted comments on promoting the white culture, etc. I don't think too well. It seems a church, of all instituions, should promote all people and not a single group.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    I wonder how well it would go over if a white church, such as a home church of a prominent white leader, posted comments on promoting the white culture, etc. I don't think too well. It seems a church, of all instituions, should promote all people and not a single group.
    You are correct. Racism should be absolutely unacceptable regardless if its white or black. Unfortunately, there is a double standard ... though it is in part understandable given the history or white racism against blacks. But "understandable" is a far cry from "acceptable" - especially from the pulpit of an educated man who has benefited greatly from the freedom and culture of "white America."

It will be very interesting to see how Obama tries to handle this tomorrow. I think it will be a make it or break it speech.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Obama is an Agent of Division, not Unity

After enjoying about two days of an extremely rare political enthusiasm sparked by the possibility of a intelligent and inspiring politician who transcended the race issue and promised a new level of unity in our divided country, I have been forced to conclude that Obama is now an agent of division and an impossible choice for President of the United States of America. Indeed, his campaign has divided the Democratic party in a way never seen before. A recent poll indicates that 20% of the Democrats will defect to McCain if either Clinton or Obama are nominated! And some folks in Obama's camp are calling Clinton a racists and making the absurd claim that she secretly instigated the Wright fiasco. Meanwhile, the Obama camp has released a photo of President Clinton shaking the hand of Jeremiah Wright. I don't know if they intended to elevate Wright by showing he was accepted by Clinton or if they intended to smear Clinton by associating him with Wright. One thing I do know - once this racist mud starts flying, everyone gets filthy fast.

But that's just the beginning of our concerns relating to Obama. His continued association with Jeremiah Wright marks him as absolutely unelectable. Wright has had a thirty year association with arch-racist Farrakhan and even gave him a life time achievement award and published a glowing article about him in his Church Magazine called the "Trumpet NewsMagazine." And just this morning we learned that Wright published a two-page article by a leader of the murderous terrorist group Hamas in his church bulletin! This prompted me to locate and download many of his church bulletins to see what else he published. And what did I find? Extreme leftist anti-American, anti-White, anti-Israel, and anti-Bush screeds in nearly every edition! For example, here are a couple quotes from the Sunday, January 21, 2007 bulletin of the Trinity United Church of Christ:

Pastor's Page by Jeremiah Wright

The President, who is “staying the course” and
    sending 21,500 more troops to their death has
    issued a veto threat against the measure and there
    is no public outcry and no media outrage.

The reality, however, is that the entire war in
    Iraq and the larger “war on terror” have been
    based on lies, half-truths and distortions to
    serve the agenda of the United States imperialism.

Excuse me! The victims of Hurricane Katrina
    are no longer on the radar screen of the media.
    Only Barack, his church, his pastor and white
    arrogance!
    Did Bush really send 21,500 more troops to their death? Uhh .. no. The total death count is still under 5000. This is just typical of the falsehoods spewed forth by Jeremiah Wright.

These anti-American opinions and assertions are TYPICAL of what you will find if you read the "Pastor's Page" in the weekly bulletin of the Trinity United "Church" of Christ. Obama was entirely and completely and totally aware of the extreme and endemic anti-American messages of his church. Here are the links to the bulletins I have downloaded:

http://www.tucc.org/upload/tuccbulletin_july1.pdf
    http://www.tucc.org/upload/tuccbulletin_july8.pdf
    http://www.tucc.org/upload/tuccbulletin_july15.pdf
    http://www.tucc.org/upload/tuccbulletin_july22.pdf
    http://www.tucc.org/upload/tuccbulletin_july29.pdf

The July 22 bulletin contains the two-page article by HAMAS.

The "hope" preached by Obama has DIED because Obama himself dragged one of the most outrageous raving racists into the center of the American political debate. He has become an Agent of Division.

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

180-degree change in story

a week ago (Friday, 3/14), in several different interviews, Obama denied ever hearing any of Wright's hard left, racist sermons, but then this week, when the story refused to go away, he admitted that he had. interestingly, the media didn't mention this 180 degree story change.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    After enjoying about two days of an extremely rare political enthusiasm sparked by the possibility of a intelligent and inspiring politician who transcended the race issue and promised a new level of unity in our divided country, I have been forced to conclude that Obama is now an agent of division and an impossible choice for President of the United States of America. Indeed, his campaign has divided the Democratic party in a way never seen before. A recent poll indicates that 20% of the Democrats will defect to McCain if either Clinton or Obama are nominated! And some folks in Obama's camp are calling Clinton a racists and making the absurd claim that she secretly instigated the Wright fiasco. Meanwhile, the Obama camp has released a photo of President Clinton shaking the hand of Jeremiah Wright. I don't know if they intended to elevate Wright by showing he was accepted by Clinton or if they intended to smear Clinton by associating him with Wright. One thing I do know - once this racist mud starts flying, everyone gets filthy fast.

But that's just the beginning of our concerns relating to Obama. His continued association with Jeremiah Wright marks him as absolutely unelectable. Wright has had a thirty year association with arch-racist Farrakhan and even gave him a life time achievement award and published a glowing article about him in his Church Magazine called the "Trumpet NewsMagazine." And just this morning we learned that Wright published a two-page article by a leader of the murderous terrorist group Hamas in his church bulletin! This prompted me to locate and download many of his church bulletins to see what else he published. And what did I find? Extreme leftist anti-American, anti-White, anti-Israel, and anti-Bush screeds in nearly every edition! For example, here are a couple quotes from the Sunday, January 21, 2007 bulletin of the Trinity United Church of Christ:

Did Bush really send 21,500 more troops to their death? Uhh .. no. The total death count is still under 5000. This is just typical of the falsehoods spewed forth by Jeremiah Wright.

These anti-American opinions and assertions are TYPICAL of what you will find if you read the "Pastor's Page" in the weekly bulletin of the Trinity United "Church" of Christ. Obama was entirely and completely and totally aware of the extreme and endemic anti-American messages of his church. Here are the links to the bulletins I have downloaded:

http://www.tucc.org/upload/tuccbulletin_july1.pdf
    http://www.tucc.org/upload/tuccbulletin_july8.pdf
    http://www.tucc.org/upload/tuccbulletin_july15.pdf
    http://www.tucc.org/upload/tuccbulletin_july22.pdf
    http://www.tucc.org/upload/tuccbulletin_july29.pdf

The July 22 bulletin contains the two-page article by HAMAS.

The "hope" preached by Obama has DIED because Obama himself dragged one of the most outrageous raving racists into the center of the American political debate. He has become an Agent of Division.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by lownote View Post
    a week ago (Friday, 3/14), in several different interviews, Obama denied ever hearing any of Wright's hard left, racist sermons, but then this week, when the story refused to go away, he admitted that he had. interestingly, the media didn't mention this 180 degree story change.
    Hi lownote,

Welcome to our forum!

I've heard a number of newsfolks mention the "change" and to be fair Obama didn't deny ever hearing any "controversial" statements, rather he said that he had not heard the specific statements that caused the current controversy. I don't really believe him, but I don't have any evidence that proves he lied. But whether he "lied" or not it doesn't matter because I know the he deliberately misled us by minimizing Wright's outrageous and pervasive racism of which I am certain that Obama was fully cognizant.

This is a very strange situation. I do not believe that Obama the man actually agrees with Wright. But what then was he doing there in his church? I don't know ... but I do know that he is not qualified to be president. And that's a real bummer, because he is the most inspiriational and intelligent politician I have seen in my adult life.

Richard

Check out my blog site

Here is an article by a columnist about Obama and it should make the reader think about this man that so many like. I offer it for your consideration.

Ken Blackwell - Columnist for the New York Sun (former Cincinnati city councilman, former Ohio Secretary of State, Republican)

It's an amazing time to be alive in America. We're in a year of firsts in this presidential election: the first viable woman candidate; the first viable African-American candidate; and, a candidate who is the first frontrunning freedom fighter over 70. The next president of America will be a first.

We won't truly be in an election of firsts, however, until we judge every candidate by where they stand. We won't arrive where we should be until we no longer talk about skin color or gender. Now that Barack Obama steps to the front of the Democratic field, we need to stop talking about his race, and start talking about his policies and his politics.

The reality is this: Though the Democrats will not have a nominee until August, unless Hillary Clinton drops out, Mr. Obama is now the frontrunner, and its time America takes a closer and deeper look at him.
    Some pundits are calling him the next John F. Kennedy. He's not. He's the next George McGovern. And it's time people learned the facts.

Because the truth is that Mr. Obama is the single most liberal senator in the entire U.S. Senate. He is more liberal than Ted Kennedy, Bernie Sanders, or Mrs. Clinton. Never in my life have I seen a presidential frontrunner whose rhetoric is so far removed from his record. Walter Mondale promised to raise our taxes, and he lost. George McGovern promised military weakness, and he lost. Michael Dukakis promised a liberal domestic agenda, and he l ost.

Yet Mr. Obama is promising all those things, and he's not behind in the polls. Why? Because the press has dealt with him as if he were in a beauty pageant. Mr. Obama talks about getting past party, getting past red and blue, to lead the United States of America. But let's look at the more defined strokes of who he is underneath this superficial 'beauty.'

Start with national security, since the president's most important duties are as commander-in-chief. Over the summer, Mr. Obama talked about invading Pakistan, a nation armed with nuclear weapons; meeting without preconditions with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who vows to destroy Israel and create another Holocaust; and Kim Jong II, who is murdering and starving his people, but emphasized that the nuclear option was off the table against terrorists - something no president has ever taken off the table since we created nuclear weapons in the 1940s. Even Democrats who have worked in national security condemned all of those remarks. Mr. Obama is a foreign-policy novice who would put our national security at risk.

Next, consider economic policy. For all its faults, our health care system is the strongest in the world. And free trade agreements, created by Bill Clinton as well as President Bush, have made more goods more affordable so that even people of modest means can live a life that no one imagined a generation ago. Yet Mr. Obama promises to raise taxes on 'the rich.' How to fix Social Security? Raise taxes. How to fix Medicare? Raise taxes. Prescription drugs? Raise taxes. Free college? Raise taxes. Socialize medicine? Raise taxes. His solution to everything is to have government take it over. Big Brother on steroids, funded by your paycheck.

Finally, look at the social issues. Mr. Obama had the audacity to open a stadium rally by saying, 'All praise and glory to God!' but says that Christian leaders speaking for life and marriage have 'hijacked' - hijacked - Christianity. He is pro-partial birth abortion, and promises to appoint Supreme Court justices who will rule any restriction on it unconstitutional. He espouses the abortion views of Margaret Sanger, one of the early advocates of racial cleansing. His spiritual leaders endorse homosexual marriage, and he is moving in that direction. In Illinois, he refused to vote against a statewide ban - ban - on all handguns in the state. These are radical left, Hollywood, and San Francis co values, not Middle America values.

The real Mr. Obama is an easy target for the general election. Mrs. Clinton is a far tougher opponent. But Mr. Obama could win if people don't start looking behind his veneer and flowery speeches. His vision of 'bringing America together' means saying that those who disagree with his agenda for America are hijackers or warmongers. Uniting the country means adopting his liberal agenda and abandoning any conflicting beliefs.

But right now everyone is talking about how eloquent of a speaker he is and - yes - they're talking about his race. Those should never be the factors on which we base our choice for president. Mr. Obama's radical agenda sets him far outside the American mainstream, to the left of Mrs. Clinton.

It's time to talk about the real Barack Obama. In an election of firsts, let's first make sure we elect the person who is qualified to be our president in a nuclear age during a global civilizational war.

http://www.nysun.com/article/71278

Trumpet Mag has been removed!

The Trumpet Magazine published by Trinity United Church of Christ has now been taken offline, in what appears to be an attempt to hide the offensive writings of Jeremiah Wright.

The link to the edition praising arch-racist Farrakhan that I cited in a previous post no longer brings up the magazine.

http://www.trumpetmag.com/pdf/nov_dec_magazines.pdf

I found this out when trying to verify the latest racist ravings recorded on gatewaypundits blog. Here's the source article from CSN:

Obama's Pastor Slurs Italians in Latest Magazine
    By Penny Starr
    CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
    March 26, 2008

(CNSNews.com) - Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., pastor emeritus of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago where Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) has been a member for two decades, slurred Italians in a piece published in the most recent issue of Trumpet Newsmagazine.

"(Jesus') enemies had their opinion about Him," Wright wrote in a eulogy of the late scholar Asa Hilliard in the November/December 2007 issue. "The Italians for the most part looked down their garlic noses at the Galileans."

Wright continued, "From the circumstances surrounding Jesus' birth (in a barn in a township that was under the Apartheid Roman government that said his daddy had to be in), up to and including the circumstances surrounding Jesus' death on a cross, a Roman cross, public lynching Italian style. ...

"He refused to be defined by others and Dr. Asa Hilliard also refused to be defined by others. The government runs everything from the White House to the schoolhouse, from the Capitol to the Klan, white supremacy is clearly in charge, but Asa, like Jesus, refused to be defined by an oppressive government because Asa got his identity from an Omnipotent God."

Every issue of the magazine published last year included Wright's column, "The Message," in which he covered a range of subjects, including his views on other African-American churches as expressed in his April 2007 commentary "Facing the Rising Sun."

Read more on the CSN site ...
    Such racism should be denounced in the strongest possible language.

Richard

Check out my blog site

That is shocking! This guy is a pure racist! And Obama tries to excuse him!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    That is shocking! This guy is a pure racist! And Obama tries to excuse him!?!
    I am totally mystified by the public pass that Obama and Wright are getting. It makes me wonder how many blacks agree with him. Do most blacks hate America because of her history of slavery and white racism? I really thought that blacks were getting over it because I see so many blacks who are rich and successful and in leadership positions like mayors, governors, and so forth. But now I see that a large number seems to believe preachers like Wright and Jesse Jackson and Sharpton who make money by keeping blacks enslaved to the past.

Jeremiah Wright is the true SLAVEMASTER. He keeps his black slaves in the chains of racism, hate, and hopelessness by feeding them a diet of specifically pro-black, anti-white, anti-American rhetoric laced with racist conspiracy theories. He allows no wounds to heal. He constantly rips open the old wounds and implants fear of the "white supremacist AmeriKKKan government" in the innocent minds of the children held captive in his "church."

If Obama can not repudiate him entirely, how can we trust him to lead America? We can not have a pro-Farrakhan anti-America anti-white conspiratorial racist preacher with a direct influence on the President of the United States of America!

Richard

Check out my blog site

I am concerned that Obama has plans to really change things when (if) he gets in office. He will have to deal with the pressures of the racist blacks and I don't think he will buck them. I wonder if he will put in mostly blacks in his government. I am curious as to who he will choose for VP.

I must admit, I don't trust this guy. I think if he gets in he will shake things right down to mainstreet USA!!!

Thread Information