Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: The True Jew

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    Salvation for the Jew - edited to a more readable form. I tend to think in fragments and am trying to train my brain to a more comprehendable reading. Thanks for your patience.
    Thanks Shalag,

    It is helpful to take the time and "fill in the details" for the rest of us who don't live inside your head <snicker>.

    Now in my studies, I have been very impressed with the literal meaning of Samek as support, which is how God used it in many of its corresponding Alphabetic Verses. It also coheres with the ancient form of the letter, which was drawn as a pillar supporting three beams: This then links to Ezra, the 15th book, where Cyrus and Darius gave complete support for the rebuilding of the Temple, and the rather amazing fact that the Hebrew word "ezer" means "help" and is used in Scripture as a synonym of samek. This is all explained in my intro to Spoke 15.

    So my question is, how did you arrive at the idea that Samek was a symbol of a wedding ring? Did you learn it from Rabbi Ginsburg? I note that he says that's one meaning of the letter, but I didn't see him give any support for that idea on his page here. Indeed, his article on samech (as he spells it) seems very weak to me, since it speaks mostly of extraneous Jewish tradition and very little about the actual meaning of the 15th letter.

    Thanks!

    Richard

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    255

    Post Samek

    Yes I was looking at SAMEK from it's current form - but more so it's ordinal and assigned numerical weights and equivalent prime - as mentioned in the above Scriptures.

    My first point of focus - always - is Mashiach - Jesus Christ. What I see in Scripture as well as in the alef-beyt is the idea of 'relationship' - especially family relationship (produced through marriage) that will birth the promised seed. To me SAMEK is a perfect picture of the Holy Spirit - the one we are to rely on for support. S rely on M wisdom of Word Ksof as power to suppress evil. What greater support can we be given? There then becomes a need 'to be as one' with this wisdom - to have our beginning and our end in Christ.

    Looking at marriage, it is an intimate relationship of mutual support. Those who marry 'support' a family.

    Looking at SAMEK's form - it's end enwedged in it's beginning (as a wedding ring) it reminds me that (in the beginning) man began in union with God - then lost this union through (sin) which Christ came to restore - and now (in the end) through working out his salvation in Christ through the Holy Spirit is again (wed) to Him.

    This then links to Ezra, the 15th book, where Cyrus and Darius gave complete support for the rebuilding of the Temple, and the rather amazing fact that the Hebrew word "ezer" means "help" and is used in Scripture as a synonym of samek. This is all explained in my intro to Spoke 15.
    As you mentioned, the Hebrew word 'ezer'/helpmeet - is first found in Genesis when God creates a 'helpmeet' - a wife - for Adam. The last book of Revelation culminates with the Lamb and his bride. And as an aside, John 2:1 (46) relates the marriage feast of Cana of Galilee (as a circle) and tells us that Jesus miracle ministry started here. Note the numeric relation of 46 coincidentally the number of years it took to build the temple - (John 2:20 (65).

    Note also that Ezra 10 deals with putting away foreign wives and returning to the one true God.

    Cyrus was charged with 'building a house (bayit) in Jerusalem, which is in Judah-YHVDH Just as the physical temple then needed restoration - because of sin our physical temple, our body, needs restoration. Romans 12 says it is our reasonable service to transform our mind (our anatomical temple / forehead). 1Peter 1:13 (74) & 4:1 (65), a 15th spoke book, also speaks of this. This is a work of SAMEK - relying on the wisdom of the Word as the power to suppress evil. This can only be realized by 'covenant relationship'.

    In John 15 - Jesus calls us 'friends' and promises to send the Holy Spirit to guid us into all truth. This word 'friends' carries as part of its definition:

    # one of the bridegroom's friends who on his behalf asked the hand of the bride and rendered him various services in closing the marriage and celebrating the nuptials

    The numerical sequence with the literal references to marriage definitely 'supports' the symbol of the wedding ring.

    To answer your question - although Ginsburgh notes the symbol - I believe the Word itself establishes that truth - as seen in the Scriptures I shared with Victor as well as the above, and especially in the seeing of the prodigal in Luke 15 where the father says to place the 'ring' on his hand.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Hey Shalag,

    Thanks for taking the time to flesh out your understanding of Samek for us. This shows why its so important to have many hearts and minds working on this project. One man can't "see it all." In my work writing the Bible Wheel book, I labored to establish the meaning of the letters from their names and the Alphabetic Verses, and to illustrate how their meanings related to the books on the Spokes. I felt a very strong resistance to any "speculation" on my part. I think that was because the book had a special role as an introduction to the whole concept, and so had to be "unleavened" - free from the leaven of my own personal (and perhaps idiosyncratic) set of associations.

    But that restriction also can cause a limitation on my ability to see the bigger picture of the fullness of the meanings of the letters. Your contribution is greatly valued. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    Yes I was looking at SAMEK from it's current form - but more so it's ordinal and assigned numerical weights and equivalent prime - as mentioned in the above Scriptures.

    My first point of focus - always - is Mashiach - Jesus Christ. What I see in Scripture as well as in the alef-beyt is the idea of 'relationship' - especially family relationship (produced through marriage) that will birth the promised seed.
    Do you mean that the idea of "relationship" and "family" forms sort of an overarching paradigm for your understanding of all 22 letters? That certainly makes sense, since to it all comes from God the Father (Aleph Keyword Av) and His Son (Bet KeyWord Ben). Very "family like" thinking indeed!

    Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    To me SAMEK is a perfect picture of the Holy Spirit - the one we are to rely on for support. S rely on M wisdom of Word Ksof as power to suppress evil. What greater support can we be given? There then becomes a need 'to be as one' with this wisdom - to have our beginning and our end in Christ.
    That analysis of Samek in terms of its letters is very clear. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    Looking at marriage, it is an intimate relationship of mutual support. Those who marry 'support' a family.

    Looking at SAMEK's form - it's end enwedged in it's beginning (as a wedding ring) it reminds me that (in the beginning) man began in union with God - then lost this union through (sin) which Christ came to restore - and now (in the end) through working out his salvation in Christ through the Holy Spirit is again (wed) to Him.

    As you mentioned, the Hebrew word 'ezer'/helpmeet - is first found in Genesis when God creates a 'helpmeet' - a wife - for Adam.
    That's a strong association with Samek, that's for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    The last book of Revelation culminates with the Lamb and his bride. And as an aside, John 2:1 (46) relates the marriage feast of Cana of Galilee (as a circle) and tells us that Jesus miracle ministry started here. Note the numeric relation of 46 coincidentally the number of years it took to build the temple - (John 2:20 (65).
    Yes, I have a very strong association of "marriage" and "circle." One of the things that really impressed me many years ago was the identity marriage (gamos) = 314, the first three digits of pi (circle) and the fact that gamos is very similar to the Greek name of the third letter gamma which is derived from Gimel. And this links back to the marriage (gamos) on the third (Gimel) day. The marriage ring is a perfect example of all this.

    Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    Note also that Ezra 10 deals with putting away foreign wives and returning to the one true God.
    Yep ...

    Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    Cyrus was charged with 'building a house (bayit) in Jerusalem, which is in Judah-YHVDH Just as the physical temple then needed restoration - because of sin our physical temple, our body, needs restoration. Romans 12 says it is our reasonable service to transform our mind (our anatomical temple / forehead). 1Peter 1:13 (74) & 4:1 (65), a 15th spoke book, also speaks of this. This is a work of SAMEK - relying on the wisdom of the Word as the power to suppress evil. This can only be realized by 'covenant relationship'.
    One correction - 1 Peter is on Spoke 16.

    Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    In John 15 - Jesus calls us 'friends' and promises to send the Holy Spirit to guid us into all truth. This word 'friends' carries as part of its definition:

    # one of the bridegroom's friends who on his behalf asked the hand of the bride and rendered him various services in closing the marriage and celebrating the nuptials

    The numerical sequence with the literal references to marriage definitely 'supports' the symbol of the wedding ring.
    One BIG association with John 15 and Samek = Support is the fact that it teaches that the Branches (us) must be SUPPORTED by the VINE (JESUS).

    Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    To answer your question - although Ginsburgh notes the symbol - I believe the Word itself establishes that truth - as seen in the Scriptures I shared with Victor as well as the above, and especially in the seeing of the prodigal in Luke 15 where the father says to place the 'ring' on his hand.
    Excellent post Shalag! It is very insightful, and has taught me new things.

    Thank you very much!


    Richard

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    255

    SAMEK Spoke 16

    One correction - 1 Peter is on Spoke 16.
    Amen. Thank you. The value of SAMEK is 60 and 1Peter is the 60th book. I knew there was a connection!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    255

    Lightbulb John 10:9

    We previously looked at the Name Jehovah - YHVH - with the addition of the letter DALET, which is the DOOR, placed within YHVH - YHVDH. The addition of DALET gives us the name - JUDAH from which derive the JEWS.

    Jesus makes it clear that He is the 'Door' and that ALL must enter through the 'Door'. Those that try to enter into relationship with the Father without going through the 'Door' are said to be as 'thieves and robbers'. If you remove the 'Door' -
    YHVDH - the Jew loses his identity, although Jehovah still exists as always.

    Romans 11:20 Well said. Because of unbelief [YHVDH] they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.

    Looking at the gematria of John 10:9 we find interesting parallel values with the corresponding Scripture:

    John 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved,

    εγω808 ειμι65 η8 θυρα510 δι14 εμου515 εαν56 τις510 εισελθηι277 σωθησεται1533 και31 εισελευσεται1171

    The total of this phrase = 5498
    The following Scripture (in entirety) also has the value of 5498:

    And they rose early in the morning , and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa : and as they went forth , Jehoshaphat stood and said , Hear me, O Judah , and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem ; Believe in the LORD your God , so shall ye be established ; believe his prophets , so shall ye prosper .2Ch 20:20
    Jeremiah 20:9 " But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    255

    Jesus the DOOR

    Jesus declared in John 10 that He is the DOOR - the birth, the way of entering in; and the death, for the remission of sin. He is the way, the truth and the life.

    When looking at the Hebrew Word for DOOR with its intrinsic value of 434 we find:
    תלד yalad / beget Gen 17:17 בביתך bayith / house Gen 31:41 גאלת ga'al / redeem Exo 15:13 המשפט mishpat / judgment Exo 28:29 לקדש qadash / sanctify Exo 29:1 ותזבחהו zabach / sacrifice 1Sa 28:24
    חטאותי chatta'ah / sin Psa 25:18 בתבל tebel / world Pro 8:31 תוכח yakach / reprove Pro 9:8 παραγγελιας paraggelia / commandment 1Th 4:2 μεμενηκεισαν meno / abide 1Jo 2:19

    See full list: http://www.biblewheel.com/Gr/GR_Data...&getnumdata=Go
    The Greek value of DOOR is 510 presenting equally intriguing thoughts from both Hebrew & Greek sharing this value:
    שרי Sarai Gen 11:29 ולבנותיו daughter Gen 31:55 ולחטאתנו sin Exo 34:9 ומנחתו offering Lev 23:13 בנחלתך inheritance Deu 19:14 ותקד bowed…head 1Ki 1:16 ונחתום seal Est 8:8 ויסדתיך foundation Isa 54:11 ευδοκια good Mat 11:26 δυναμει power Mar 9:1 νυνι now Rom 3:21
    Rom 3:21 But now [510] the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

    Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door [510] was shut.
    Jeremiah 20:9 " But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    Jesus declared in John 10 that He is the DOOR - the birth, the way of entering in; and the death, for the remission of sin. He is the way, the truth and the life.

    When looking at the Hebrew Word for DOOR with its intrinsic value of 434 we find:
    Hey there shalag!

    You are getting pretty handy with that software.

    The first word you found in the list is most intriguing. It is the word תלד teled which means "bare" and first appears in Genesis 4 verse 1: "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare (teled) Cain." The thing so amazing is that teled is simply the word Dalet spelt backwards, and it first appears in Genesis FOUR, and the ideas of birth and death are strongly linked to the Number 4 and the idea of a door since birth is the "door into this world" and death is the door outa here, and both the first birth and the first death first occur in Genesis FOUR.

    Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    The Greek value of DOOR is 510 presenting equally intriguing thoughts from both Hebrew & Greek sharing this value:

    Rom 3:21 But now [510] the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

    Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door [510] was shut.
    Thanks for the meditation.

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •