Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Samek

Post Samek

Last edited by shalag; 09-09-2008 at 10:14 AM. Reason: unable to obtain rights for picture usage
    Jeremiah 20:9 " But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AbN2zduzaOGLCPA

This is a booklet that I put together on Samek. My intention was to take it in the direction of the mouth - but my leadings took it to the time of Jacob's trouble and the Day of the Lord, and our own walk in light of this.

If this link does not work for you I can do a direct email link if you email me at shalag@aptalaska.net
    Very well done Shalag!

I recommend that everyone take a look at it.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Post Samek thoughts

After finishing the booklet on Samek and seeing its correlation of TRUST in conjunction with TROUBLE, I was reading through the forum and someone had posted this Scripture:
    Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him.
    And I thought, 'What a perfect representation of the letter Samek'. After all, trust is most needed in a 'time of trouble'. Then what I am posting here also caught my attention - because of the preterist contention of 'this generation'.

The 15th letter of Scripture is ALeF, the numerical signature of YaH - Jehovah.
    God's Name YaH totals 15.

Genesis (book 1) 1 (chapter 1):13 (for a total of 15) marks the third day, a day in which a tree, whose seed is within itself, bears fruit after its own kind. On the third day, Christ the promised Seed was resurrected from the dead, to bring forth fruit after his own kind:
    1Co 15:4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures"
    Verse 15 of Genesis describes the 'lights', the greater and lesser:
    Genesis 1:15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so."
    Matthew 4:15 describes the 'Galilee of the Gentiles' who 'see a great light - that light has dawned'.
    Matthew 4:15 The land of Zebulun (dwelling exaltedly) and the land of Naphtali (my wrestling), By the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles: 16 (60) The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, And upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death Light has dawned." 17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
    In Genesis 15 God reveals his covenant with Abram. Genesis 15 is also the first mention of the 'fourth generation'
    Genesis 15:15 And thou (Abram) shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age. 16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites (sayers) is not yet full.
    The last mention of the fourth generation is also in Chapter 15:
    2Kings 15:12 again speaks of the fourth generation: This was the word of the Lord which He spoke to Jehu (Jehovah is He), saying, "Your sons shall sit on the throne of Israel to the fourth generation." And so it was.
    In the beginning - Genesis declares the generations of the heavens and the earth, the generations of Adam, the generations of Noah, Shem, Terah, Abram through the Seed, Ishmael, Isaac, Esau, and then in Chapter 37 the generations of Jacob.(The number 37 appears on the 15th spoke).
    Genesis 37:2These are the generations of Jacob, Joseph, being seventeen years old, was feeding the flock with his brethren; and the lad was with the sons of Bilah (troubled), and with the sons of Zilpah (trickling myhrr), his father's wives; and Joseph (causing to be joined) brought unto his father their evil report.
    The generations continue in the Book of Exodus, their first mention in Exodus 3:15:
    Exodus 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
    The generations come forth through 'travail' - trouble. The book of Numbers - spoke 4 - begins the 'generations of Aaron' and continue to say:
    Numbers 15:15 One ordinance shall be for you of the assembly and for the stranger who dwells with you, an ordinance forever throughout your generations; as you are, so shall the stranger be before the Lord.
    And again:
    1Chronicles 16:15Remember His covenant forever, The word which He commanded, for a thousand generations,

Isaiah 60:15 "Whereas you have been forsaken and hated, So that no one went through you, I will make you an eternal excellence, A joy of many generations.
    I said all that to give thought to this. I realize there are MANY generations. But I have always been struck with the opening of Matthew:
    Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation (genealogy) of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham:

15 and Eliud (God his praise) begat Eleazar (help of God), and Eleazar begat Matthan (gift), and Matthan begat Jacob (attacked at the heel).
    Genesis 3:15And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel."
    16 And Jacob begot Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus who is called Christ.
    17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations, from David until the captivity in Babylon are fourteen generations, and from the captivity in Babylon until the Christ are fourteen generations.
    The captivity of Babylon begins the 15th generation - until the Christ. But (I believe) we are YET not only in the genealogy of Jesus Christ, but in the 'generation of Jesus Christ' - until the 'door is shut'. When I have more time I plan to look at that which was stated about the 3rd and fourth generations, which I believe to be lawless generations bringing about God's wrath. But for now I was simply looking at the numerical weaving that I was seeing.
    Jeremiah 20:9 " But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

Smile Samek

Catching up on my reading again. THANKS GILGAL!!!
    Genesis 15: 2And Abram said, LORD God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus? 3And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir. 4And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
    I was noticing the connection between 'being childless' and God's antidote of the 'generations' in connection with SaMeK, 15, and its 'endless cycle' also relected in the 'generations'. The fact that it encompassed '15/4' was also a bonus.

Thread Information