Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Hi rstrats,

The 'day' ended/started at sunset. The 'day' of the last supper was a Sabbath, being the first day of the feast of unleavened bread.

The next day was when the Passover lamb was killed. That was the 'day' that Christ died and was buried before sunset. He died AND was buried before sunset.

After sunset was the proper Passover meal (night number one) followed by a 'day' of rest.

There is no reason to assume that another 24 hours did not pass, if that was the usual weekly Sabbath from sunset to sunset. It would explain why the women could not go to the tomb until after the following sunset (ie the normal Sabbath -7th day of the week) had ended.

Therefore, Christ had been in the tomb during the 'day' (light) before Passover then 24 hours over over Passover, then 24 hours over Sabbath, and did not rise until the third period of darkness (night) AFTER He had been buried.

I am unclear which 12 hour period you think is missing?
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 3

Charisma,
    re: "I am unclear which 12 hour period you think is missing?"

A third night time would be missing and maybe a 3rd daytime.

Died 6th day of the week - calendar day 1 and daytime 1.
    Dead 7th day of the week - calendar day 2, night time 1 and daytime 2.
    Dead 1st day of the week - calendar day 3, night time 2 and maybe daytime 3 depending on when the resurrection occurred on the 3rd calendar day.

Hi rstrats,

Do you have any Biblical reason for starting with the 6th day of a week?

I have drawn only on information in scripture, that blends perfectly to describe the fulfilment - on every point - of all the prophesies Jesus made about His future death and resurrection, correlated - by default - with the apostles' own testimony.

In other words, there is no way that Jesus did NOT rise on the third 'day', after 5 other night or day segments have been accounted for.

We know from scripture that He rose before light.
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 3

Charisma,
    re: "Do you have any Biblical reason for starting with the 6th day of a week?"

None at all from a Biblical standpoint. See post #69.

HTML Code:
    None at all from a Biblical standpoint. See post #69.
    Okay.

Mark 14:1, 2, 15:42, 16:1, 2 give the time framework by which it is clear that He was not buried during a daylight period, because it was still Passover when He died (mid-afternoon), and therefore a sabbath for those observing it.

Ephesians 3

Charisma,
    re: "Okay."

No problem. Someone new looking in may know of examples.

re: "Mark 14:1, 2, 15:42, 16:1, 2 give the time framework by which it is clear that He was not buried during a daylight period, because it was still Passover when He died (mid-afternoon), and therefore a sabbath for those observing it."

That would be an issue for a different topic. See post #69.

Cool Dissecting

Personally I think this whole argument and discussion is very interesting. I am very much interested in language development and cultural development as it occurs across time and throughout history. The definitions of words are vitally important in conveying the facts and meaning of what we are trying to say. Language scholars are well aware that words can hold multiple meanings, which is easy to see by opening up any dictionary. If we truly want to dissect and evaluate any statement for ultimate truth we must take all possible definitions into account.
    Here in western cultural we commonly assume that the night follows the day. Hence if i get up with the Sun rising on Saturday and work until the Sun goes down then I would say i worked ALL day. Night is more mysterious. Night is when we sleep, when we are semi conscious. That time period before the Sun rose on Saturday I could describe as Saturday and night. I could also describe it as Friday night even though it is not Friday. If i had stayed up Friday night drinking and carousing at the Bar It might seem more like Friday night still. Legally speaking at the stroke of midnight the day flipped from Friday to Saturday, but it still feels like the same night as it was on Friday. Many people experience this at the stroke of midnight on Dec 31st and fully recognize that its a whole new year. In the matter of one second we are transported to a whole new year, along with a new day, a new month, a new hour. In this regard every 12 hour day is fully contained in one day of the week. This is not so within a 12 hour night. Every 12 hour night is comprised of 2 days of the week, and sometimes 2 different weeks, 2 different months, 2 different years, 2 different decades, centuries, even millenniums or epochs. It is intrinsically different then the day.
    Things even get more murky if you are located close to the poles of the earth where the Sun does not rise for days on end, or when the Sun never sets for days. An individual can literally go days and days with out a sunrise or sunset, either being constantly basked in the light of the sun rotating overhead or being shrouded in complete darkness. This is verifiable fact, there is no maybe involved.

Now that we understand the intrinsic differences between day and night (they are not the same) you can see how language about night can easily be misinterpreted and requires treatment that day does not require.

In a fully factual sense if i start a pool game at Friday 11:55 pm and finish it at Saturday 12:10 am then i could claim to have played a pool game that spanned two nights in 15 minutes, that i started it on Friday at night and ended on Saturday at night.

If the Sun would just rise at midnight then our days could match our nights and this all would be much less confusing, but until then we must recognize that our nights do not coincide with our calendar days.

At least consider the legal fact that from Friday at 6pm to Sunday at 6am is actually comprised of 3 nights. Friday with night, Saturday with night, and Sunday with night. If you really want to persist in defining the time period of 12 AM to 6 AM on Sunday as "Saturday Night" then be my guest, but its really not Saturday it is actually and legally Sunday.

I hope this might help the current discussion about how many nights occur in one night. While it is mostly true that every calendar has one day, it is also true that every calendar day has two nights. The night before the sun rises and the night after the sun sets they are two separate nights with in the same day.

If God had a really good sense of humor i suppose he could have been crucified on Dec 30th 30 AD and risen again on Jan 1st 31 AD just so He could claim that we would be in the "heart of the earth" for 2 years.

I find it very Ironic that this whole discussion is about how many nights passed before the SON was risen. :-)
    Last edited by Matthjar; 02-14-2019 at 04:16 AM.

Matthjar,
    re: "I find it very Ironic that this whole discussion is about how many nights passed before the SON was risen."

Unfortunately off topic replies have been the case right from the beginning due in part to my poorly written OP. However, I have clarified it's intent in posts #64 and #69.

Thread Information