Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Learned Hebrew Aleph-Bet

Not sure how far God wants me to go, but I felt lead to learn the Hebrew alphabet including the vowel points so I can at least know how to pronounce Hebrew words. Over the weekend I learned the Alphabet except for the cursive. I don't think it necessary to learn cursive right now. Any study of Hebrew is only for the purpose of Bible study.

At this point I'm not sure how much I want to learn off the hebrew4christians website. At this point I can sound out many words (haven't got to some of the vowel points yet) and I can write the letters from Aleph to Tav.

I'm just curious as to how well other people here know Hebrew?

Quote Originally Posted by yeshua_seven View Post
    Not sure how far God wants me to go, but I felt lead to learn the Hebrew alphabet including the vowel points so I can at least know how to pronounce Hebrew words. Over the weekend I learned the Alphabet except for the cursive. I don't think it necessary to learn cursive right now. Any study of Hebrew is only for the purpose of Bible study.

At this point I'm not sure how much I want to learn off the hebrew4christians website. At this point I can sound out many words (haven't got to some of the vowel points yet) and I can write the letters from Aleph to Tav.

I'm just curious as to how well other people here know Hebrew?
    Hey there Yeshua_Seven,

I'm glad you are learning Hebrew. I think the hebrew4christians site is a good place to start. I have been studying Hebrew for many years now and can read the OT with minimal help from a dictionary. But I'm not fluent at all in modern conversational Hebrew since I am self-taught and have concentrated entirely on the Biblical form of the language. The hardest part of being self-taught is getting the accent right since that comes only by hearing. But there are now some excellent audio files available on the net to help in that regard.

If you have any questions, post them here. I'm sure there will be many folks who could benefit.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information