Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EASTER

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post

Mark 16:2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
    Mary, who ran back to fetch Peter appears to have arrived before the other women. John writes (John 20:1) The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    The three days and three nights Jonah did spend in the belly of the fish correspond to the extent of Ninevé, viz. a three days journey ( a walk of three days).
    Right on, Sylvie.. Love the many 'walks' in Scripture, like Enoch walked and Noah walked and Isaiah did it barefoot, and climaxed by Jesus walking on water! Probably not holy water tho--you think?
    When they walked to Nineveh, did they walk at night?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Hi dux,

Tks Charisma -- the link didn't work, but am familiar with their calendar.. Mostly hoping for others to see how "Good Friday" a farce that belies the 72 hrs, much like their Luke Genealogy is the Priest Line of Mary's husband.

IMO it wouldn't be 'good' anyway, except in the sense of delivering believers from their sins by that sacrifice. Think 'Great' or 'principal' would be a better adjective, maybe?
    I was not consciously offering you bait.

Not sure who you mean by 'their' as in 'calendar'?

Regarding the Ark, and Passover, are you asking because you would like me to explain it so everyone can see, or, you really don't see the connection?
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 3

Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Hi dux, I was not consciously offering you bait.

Not sure who you mean by 'their' as in 'calendar'?

Regarding the Ark, and Passover, are you asking because you would like me to explain it so everyone can see, or, you really don't see the connection?
    Lunar calendar, Charisma, and YES I really don't see the connection between Passover and landing of the Ark.. something figurative, is it?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Mary, who ran back to fetch Peter appears to have arrived before the other women. John writes (John 20:1) The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
    Right, John says it was "yet dark" and Mark says it was "very early in the morning ... at the rising of the sun." It was not "Saturday night."
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Hey there Timmy,

Yes, "three days and three nights" is what it is ... too bad it does not cohere with the rest of the story. It is simply impossible to write a coherent account of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ using every detail reported in the four Gospels and Paul's writings. This is known as Dan Barker's "Easter Challenge" (and since it is Easter, it's appropriate that we are talking about it). I presented the challenge here on the forum in this post: Dan Barker's Resurrection Challenge. I have never seen anything approaching a rational solution presented by any Christian anywhere. Have you?
    NOPE
    Roger that.

So how could anyone believe the story is true if it's not even self-consistent?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough
    Also, your assertion that "early on the first day of the week" means "Saturday night" makes no sense at all. Mark explicitly states it was early in the morning, "at the rising of the sun."

Mark 16:2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
    Maybe i did not put that clear enough, and maybe i said it garbled and kornfusingly...yeah, it was wrong alright, yur right again..because of mixing the fact that Jesus arose after dusk just before Shabbat's end (thus the first traditioned time to meet weekly after Shabbat--...yes, the women saw in the morning...my bad.
    That's what I love about you Timmy. You shamelessly admit when you are wrong. It's almost like you hold to the radical atheist position that truth actually matters.

I'm going to give that challenge a shot...and try to understand what the deal is...a PT novelty, but will report here to check what others might have to say.

Howz dat?
    That would be great! I look forward to reviewing it with you.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Right, John says it was "yet dark" and Mark says it was "very early in the morning ... at the rising of the sun." It was not "Saturday night."
    It could have been the 10th or 11th hour of the night when Mary M. came to the tomb first. Jesus would have risen before the first day of the week begun. What happens in those night hours we do not know. The guards would have known the time the stone was rolled away, but that is not reported in the story. We note the guards had to be bribed to tell a lie that was impoosible for the disciples to do.

It could have been the 10th or 11th hour of the night when Mary M. came to the tomb first. Jesus would have risen before the first day of the week begun. What happens in those night hours we do not know. The guards would have known the time the stone was rolled away, but that is not reported in the story. We note the guards had to be bribed to tell a lie that was impoosible for the disciples to do.
    What time does the "10th or 11th hour of the night" correspond to? Are you talking about 10 PM? Or some early time like 3 AM?

Check out my blog site

What makes you think that Mary M (alone) came to the tomb first? You suggested this last year when you tried to answer Barker's challenge, and I explained (in post #2) why it wouldn't work and you agreed that you had made an error. This is why you need to try to write a coherent narrative - the errors and contradictions are very obvious when you do it that way.

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Right on, Sylvie.. Love the many 'walks' in Scripture, like Enoch walked and Noah walked and Isaiah did it barefoot, and climaxed by Jesus walking on water! Probably not holy water tho--you think?
    When they walked to Nineveh, did they walk at night?
    "A three days journey" also in Exodus 5:3, And they said, "The God of the Hebrews has happened upon us. Now let us go on a three day journey in the desert and sacrifice to the Lord our God, lest He strike us with a plague or with the sword."

And in Exodus 15:22,

Moses led Israel away from the Red Sea, and they went out into the desert of Shur; they walked for three days in the desert and did not find water.

Thread Information