Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EASTER

Hi dux,

I wouldn't be too hung up on days of the week. I mean, the new moon doesn't rise on the same 'day' every month, which is how their calendar was timed.

Furthermore, Abib, the month in which passover took place, was timed according to the grain being ready for the sacrifice, so that's another place where there can be slippage down the centuries, when trying to determine just exactly what 'date' any event happened.

From my passing studies into these things, that's why the events themselves happening to fall on the same date as a previous event on that date, carries huge significance. An example would be the Ark coming to rest on the same date as Passover began to be held.

You might find some new light on this page.

Blessings.
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 3

Tks Charisma -- the link didn't work, but am familiar with their calendar.. Mostly hoping for others to see how "Good Friday" a farce that belies the 72 hrs, much like their Luke Genealogy is the Priest Line of Mary's husband.

IMO it wouldn't be 'good' anyway, except in the sense of delivering believers from their sins by that sacrifice. Think 'Great' or 'principal' would be a better adjective, maybe?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Hi dux,

You might find some new light on this page.

Blessings.
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Tks Charisma -- the link didn't work, but am familiar with their calendar.. Mostly hoping for others to see how "Good Friday" a farce that belies the 72 hrs, much like their Luke Genealogy is the Priest Line of Mary's husband.

IMO it wouldn't be 'good' anyway, except in the sense of delivering believers from their sins by that sacrifice. Think 'Great' or 'principal' would be a better adjective, maybe?
    I found the link it is here; http://www.sheshbazzardaq.com/equino...-calendar.html

According to Michael Rood Jesus was crucified on 14th day of the Aviv 28 C.E. or 4028 F.C. This agrees with the calendar shown on the webpage making the death of Jesus on the day equivalent to our Wednesday. That means Jesus would have been in the grave three days and three nights to rise just before the end of the weekly Sabbath, so that Mary comes on the first day of the week (Sunday).

I know that for a long time, and I suppose I still do, I regarded the start of our week as the Monday corresponding to the start of the working-week.

OK, Charisma, I'll bite.. WHY would anyone want to connect the Passover to the landing of the Ark?
    and, David, got that link, but not following why those calendars don't give special emphasis to the 14th day of the first month.. Will have to go back again..
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Dux
    I agree with the chart except for the Resurrection did not take place on the first day of the week. The diagram is slightly misleading. The resurrection had to take place on the Sabbath before the Sabbath ended. It was afternoon, or late afternoon (evening) when Jesus was buried and so 72 hours has to make the resurrection at the same time of day as his burial. The diagram does not indicate that.

All the best
    David
    The Bible doesn't say anything about "72 hours." The Bible uses the units of "nights" and "days" which do not specify the exact number of hours, minutes, and seconds. To interpret "three days and three nights" as implying exactly 72 hours would be just as foolish as saying it implies exactly 259,200 seconds (the number of seconds in 72 hours). The language is simply not specific enough to justify such an assertion.

For example, suppose I said the store was one mile from my house. Does that mean it is exactly 5,280 feet? Of course not. If I wanted to communicate that degree of exactitude I would have used the appropriate units. The same goes for the Bible. If the author wanted to imply the exact number of hours, he could have said so.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

ok, so it doesn't say exactly 72 hours, however three days and three nights--even as Yonah was in the fish belly--remains three days and three nights.).

Using the book of John as correlary of this account can be a bit deceptive, as he is using both Hebrew and Roman measurements of time regarding different aspects (accordingly)...we do know there were two Shabbats that week...one being a high holy day.

The women came to the once sealed tomb of Nikodimon early in the day, and the primitive church tradition was to meet after Shabbat sundown (Saturday night- "early on the first day of the week) in commemoration of this being the time of them finsing out He was already arisen...proving He is LORD of Shabbat...continuing to do good 'the Father has shown Him.'
    Last edited by Timmy; 04-20-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    ok, so it doesn't say exactly 72 hours, however three days and three nights--even as Yonah was in the fish belly--remains three days and three nights.).

Using the book of John as correlary of this account can be a bit deceptive, as he is using both Hebrew and Roman measurements of time regarding different aspects (accordingly)...we do know there were two Shabbats that week...one being a high holy day.

The women came to the once sealed tomb of Nikodimon early in the day, and the primitive church tradition was to meet after Shabbat sundown (Saturday night- "early on the first day of the week) in commemoration of this being the time of them finsing out He was already arisen...proving He is LORD of Shabbat...continuing to do good 'the Father has shown Him.'
    Hey there Timmy,

Yes, "three days and three nights" is what it is ... too bad it does not cohere with the rest of the story. It is simply impossible to write a coherent account of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ using every detail reported in the four Gospels and Paul's writings. This is known as Dan Barker's "Easter Challenge" (and since it is Easter, it's appropriate that we are talking about it). I presented the challenge here on the forum in this post: Dan Barker's Resurrection Challenge. I have never seen anything approaching a rational solution presented by any Christian anywhere. Have you?

Also, your assertion that "early on the first day of the week" means "Saturday night" makes no sense at all. Mark explicitly states it was early in the morning, "at the rising of the sun."

Mark 16:2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

The three days and three nights Jonah did spend in the belly of the fish correspond to the extent of Ninevé, viz. a three days journey ( a walk of three days).

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Hey there Timmy,

Yes, "three days and three nights" is what it is ... too bad it does not cohere with the rest of the story. It is simply impossible to write a coherent account of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ using every detail reported in the four Gospels and Paul's writings. This is known as Dan Barker's "Easter Challenge" (and since it is Easter, it's appropriate that we are talking about it). I presented the challenge here on the forum in this post: Dan Barker's Resurrection Challenge. I have never seen anything approaching a rational solution presented by any Christian anywhere. Have you?
    NOPE
    Also, your assertion that "early on the first day of the week" means "Saturday night" makes no sense at all. Mark explicitly states it was early in the morning, "at the rising of the sun."

Mark 16:2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
    Maybe i did not put that clear enough, and maybe i said it garbled and kornfusingly...yeah, it was wrong alright, yur right again..because of mixing the fact that Jesus arose after dusk just before Shabbat's end (thus the first traditioned time to meet weekly after Shabbat--...yes, the women saw in the morning...my bad.

I'm going to give that challenge a shot...and try to understand what the deal is...a PT novelty, but will report here to check what others might have to say.

Howz dat?

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    The three days and three nights Jonah did spend in the belly of the fish correspond to the extent of Ninevé, viz. a three days journey ( a walk of three days).
    Got it!

Thanks

Thread Information