Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 97
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Daytona
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by L67 View Post
    David can't you see you are trusting the words of man. Men wrote the Bible. Traditions have been handed down through the words of man. That's all you have are the words of man. Who decides what interpretation is correct? Your interpretation contradicts most of Christianity.
    IF you ever wise-up ( I won't count on it..) you may understand about Balaam's 'donkey' doing the speaking.. Numb22:28
    What evidence? Post one shred of factual evidence that is concrete. Don't bother with Roods evidence. His claims have already been proven false. The fact of the matter is there is overwhelming evidence that the Bible is just mythical stories with some historical value.

    2Pet3:16 "As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction".
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    776
    Hi L67,

    I missed the following gems from you on the previous screen page:

    You have already admitted you don't care about the truth. It really is sad that you admit you don't care if you're misled. That shows you don't care about the truth. You're only interested in confirming your preconceived bias.
    I think if you re-read my post you'll see I didn't mention 'the truth'. It was you who brought up that topic.

    Nor did I say that I don't care if I'm misled per se. I said something a little different:

    Whether I'm being misled or not, by people, doesn't bother me ...'

    As for 'confirming' a 'preconceived bias', the same could be said for the choices made by those to who whom Jesus was referring when He said:

    Matthew 7:13 '... for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be who go in thereat.
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

    Ephesians 3

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L67 View Post
    David can't you see you are trusting the words of man. Men wrote the Bible. Traditions have been handed down through the words of man. That's all you have are the words of man. Who decides what interpretation is correct? Your interpretation contradicts most of Christianity.
    IF you ever wise-up ( I won't count on it..) you may understand about Balaam's 'donkey' doing the speaking.. Numb22:28
    What evidence? Post one shred of factual evidence that is concrete. Don't bother with Roods evidence. His claims have already been proven false. The fact of the matter is there is overwhelming evidence that the Bible is just mythical stories with some historical value.

    2Pet3:16 "As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction".
    Now that's ironic! Who is more "unlearned" than Christians who believe the Bible and conspiracy theories without any evidence and reject science which stands on much evidence?

    Also, Peter was talking to his late first-century contemporaries who were being mocked by the Jews for the failure of their prediction that Christ would return in the first century.

    Christ's promise that he would return in the first century is the greatest failed prophecy of all time. It cannot not be denied. This is why C. S. Lewis, commonly known as the greatest Christian apologist of the 20th century, said that Jesus Christ and his disciples were DELUDED! Here's the quote:
    The apocalyptic beliefs of the first Christians have been proved to be false. It is clear from the New Testament that they all expected the Second Coming in their own lifetime. And, worse still, they had a reason, and one which you will find very embarrassing. Their Master had told them so. He shared, and indeed created, their delusion. He said in so many words, "This generation shall not pass till all these things be done." And He was wrong. He clearly knew no more about the end of the world than anyone else. This is certainly the most embarrassing verse in the Bible. (Essay "The World's Last Night" (1960), found in The Essential C.S. Lewis, p. 385)
    How can Christians think they have the truth if the greatest apologist said Christ and his disciples were deluded and the Bible contains false prophecies? Why should anyone believe the Bible?

    This problem is greatly exacerbated when we see that Christians are commonly so gullible that they accept insane conspiracy theories for which there is no evidence. Is there no bottom to this abyss of absurdity?

    Sorry for the plain speech, but Christians tell us that their claims are the most important claims we could ever hear. We are talking about issue of Life, Death, and perhaps EVERLASTING TORMENT!?!?!?!?! Obviously, now is not the time for hiding truth under sweet sounding words. Christians threaten every soul that has ever lived with either eternal death or torment. If those threats are not true, they are exceedingly evil, twisted, perverted, and deluded. Therefore, there is nothing of greater importance than to determine the truth of the Christian claims. And ironically, that's where they fail. There is nothing like "sufficient evidence" to justify such beliefs.

    All the best to one and all,

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Daytona
    Posts
    1,855
    Hey Richard.. You're forgetting about how we're being 'ribbed', and how they were filled with mirth after having the Words explained to them, Neh8:12, not to
    mention how we're a "Temple" with two pillars (legs) like what Samson pulled down... "pulling your leg", maybe? Just for grins?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    I agree with Charisma that it is better to trust in the words of God than the words of man. That is why, not all men's interpretation of God's word should be trusted. Some interpretations are closer to the Truth than others, and so it comes down to whose interpretation we decide, based on our own knowledge and understanding we have of God's word. We have to read the whole of the Bible ourselves and and due what ever due diligence it takes for us to believe another man's word.
    Who says the Bible is not the "words of man"?

    We know that the Bible contains the "words of man" because humans wrote it! And it won't help if you assert (with NO evidence of any kind) that God inspired the original manuscripts because there are many conflicting manuscripts and only one could be "from God" so all the others contain the fallacious "words of man."

    And then enter INTERPRETATION! Potsherds clashing with potsherds. Each man choosing which interpretation (his own) is correct according to his own fallible logic and knowledge of the facts. This is where the scene becomes quite surreal as the Bible believers choose to believe without evidence and base their interpretation on blatant logical fallacies.

    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    We have enough evidence from our own reading of God's word to base our faith on Jesus, the begotten Son of God, to bring us to the day in which Jesus will be able to explain all things that we did not understand correctly. Given that day might be in the Kingdom of God, then it would not make much difference whether we had our understanding put right or not. In the kingdom when time might be likened to one never-ending day, the need to look back to the past or look forward to the future will be done away with.

    David
    You have nothing like "enough evidence" to believe the Bible. You believe merely because you believe it. From any evidential and logic point of view, you claims are no different than if you were shouting that you are the President of the Galactic Federation and that you can fly to the moon by flapping your arms. I just don't get it. You KNOW that you have no evidence. How do you know this? Every time you've been asked to produce it you have either refused or been shown your claims false. Yet you persist in believe the Bible without any good reason. How is that different than a Muslim who blindly believes the same thing about the Quran? It's not, and you know it, but you won't admit it to yourself. How then can you think you really committed to the truth?

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Hey Richard.. You're forgetting about how we're being 'ribbed', and how they were filled with mirth after having the Words explained to them, Neh8:12, not to
    mention how we're a "Temple" with two pillars (legs) like what Samson pulled down... "pulling your leg", maybe? Just for grins?
    I'm guessing you are using "ribbed" as a metaphor the "raptured." Is that correct?

    I think your metaphoric style is quite entertaining, but it seems a bit out of place since you know that we are talking about factual things.

    Here's the problem - you are using symbolic language to derive all sorts of ideas about the factual world. Such a game is guaranteed to fail. Case in point: your parallelism between modern political figures (last 4 presidents of the USA) with the last four patriarchs in your overworked genealogy.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by L67 View Post
    That's your evidence? A dubious claim from the internet? There is really no evidence he even said what you quoted. Wow I'm so convinced. Let me show you what else Rockefeller had to say about this issue to a Canadian journalist in 2007 quoted from the book We the People: A Christian Nation
    By Richard McKenzie Neal

    http://books.google.com/books?id=ogb...0world&f=false

    Scroll down a little farther to see what he describes as a "new world order". It is nothing like you have been stating nor is it any end times prophecy. I'm sorry but you have no evidence for the nwo or the end times. You have been misled by ignorant people of the faith who will cling to anything to prove their beliefs true.
    Excellent info. Worth repeating.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Daytona
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I'm guessing you are using "ribbed" as a metaphor the "raptured." Is that correct?
    Nothing to do with 'rapture' far as I'm concerned -- in fact, I think more about the "twinkling"..
    I think your metaphoric style is quite entertaining, but it seems a bit out of place since you know that we are talking about factual things.
    God is Jehovah Shammah (Present) don't you know, and it would be prudent to imagine Him LAUGHING at us gullible homosapiens.. right?
    Here's the problem - you are using symbolic language to derive all sorts of ideas about the factual world. Such a game is guaranteed to fail. Case in point: your parallelism between modern political figures (last 4 presidents of the USA) with the last four patriarchs in your overworked genealogy.
    Yeah, I agree it's 'overworked', and like 'beating a dead horse', but we can't escape how FIGURES OF SPEECH were known to the Almighty even before the Creation -- He knew we'd be talking about the 22SKDU and about getting our eyes open when we see what He's had the Ghostwriter do. At least, IMO... and I never took seriously that biz of the 666 in Brussels..
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Hi L67,

    I notice your posts manifest certain features.

    1) You think that what Christians (Maybe you don't specify 'Christians'.) believe, are traditions handed down by man.

    2) You miss God out of your definition of 'religious'.

    3) You theorise that the New World Order is something to do with what 'religious' people 'believe' the Bible teaches about 'the end times'.
    1: They are traditions handed down by men. We know men wrote the Bible. I know you think the Bible is inspired by God but you have ZERO evidence to support that belief and a mount of evidence to oppose it.

    2: No I didn't. You interpreted it wrong.

    3: I said no such thing. I said there was NO evidence for the NWO or end times. You know very well that Christians believe that the nwo conspiracy leads to the the antichrist and one world government. Don't play dumb. You know it's true.


    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    For your information - as you don't seem to have noticed - I have not mentioned any of the following:

    1) The Bible

    2) Christianity

    3) Traditions

    4) Religion

    5) 'End times'.

    What's your point? The only reason to believe the nwo conspiracy is because of your beliefs and all those things fit together.



    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Even in the light of the OP of this thread, the reasoning in your posts is plucked out 'of the air'. As a result, you are beginning to sound like the one with dubious motives, the more you introduce extraneous factors in a feeble attempt at looking as if you have something substantial to say.

    Believe what you like. Your mention of 'the truth' is laughable while you're unwilling to seek a relationship with the Truth Himself, Jesus Christ.

    Another piece of information you should take on board, is that while local politicians obfuscate the existence of the new world order in the US, politicians in other parts of the world speak of it openly. It is, therefore, far too late to succeed in persuading an informed observer that all the references to a 'new world order' which are in the public domain, are suspect. If it were true that none are true, it would indeed suggest a conspiracy.
    Plucking out of thin air? LMAO! No it's to debunk your nwo claim. I did that with your Rockefeller quote. Why didn't you bother to address that? Instead you are distracting away from your error. If my dubious motives are bringing you back to reality from your basesless conspiracies then so be it.

    I'll tell you what's laughable. Asserting Jesus as the truth with no evidence to support your claim. You're right my mention of truth is laughable because it deals with reality. I know reality is a tough pill to swallow for Christians but you should try it. It's very liberating.

    Spare me the politicians hide the nwo bs. You need to actually look into the nwo further. David Rockefeller is suppose to be one of the big boys behind the scenes pushing the nwo you believe in. But in Rockefellers own words he laid out what the nwo actually is. It's none of the crap you posted. In fact, he called people who believe in that nonsense crackpots.
    Last edited by L67; 03-18-2013 at 10:32 AM.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix


  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I'm guessing you are using "ribbed" as a metaphor the "raptured." Is that correct?
    Nothing to do with 'rapture' far as I'm concerned -- in fact, I think more about the "twinkling"..
    I don't get it. Are you saying that the "twinkling" has nothing to do with the doctrine of the rapture? Do you reject the rapture? I have no idea what you are talking about because you are talking in incoherent fragments - bits and pieces without sufficient content to be interpreted.
    I think your metaphoric style is quite entertaining, but it seems a bit out of place since you know that we are talking about factual things.
    God is Jehovah Shammah (Present) don't you know, and it would be prudent to imagine Him LAUGHING at us gullible homosapiens.. right?
    The image of a "laughing" god with a good sense of humor sounds great. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound anything like the biblegod who prefers to laugh derisively at those poor weak homosapiens that he torments with his infinite power.

    Psalm 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

    Psalm 59:8 But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.
    Here's the problem - you are using symbolic language to derive all sorts of ideas about the factual world. Such a game is guaranteed to fail. Case in point: your parallelism between modern political figures (last 4 presidents of the USA) with the last four patriarchs in your overworked genealogy.
    Yeah, I agree it's 'overworked', and like 'beating a dead horse', but we can't escape how FIGURES OF SPEECH were known to the Almighty even before the Creation -- He knew we'd be talking about the 22SKDU and about getting our eyes open when we see what He's had the Ghostwriter do. At least, IMO... and I never took seriously that biz of the 666 in Brussels..
    So are you planning on apologizing when your predictions prove false?

    Don't you understand that you mock the Gospel when you toy with such things? How many souls are destined for hell because they rejected the Gospel as meaningless gibberish after seeing Christians making up obviously irrational crap? I've very confused by your attitude. On the one hand, you seem to take the Bible very seriously while on the other you treat it with contempt and trample it under the foot of silly speculations that will almost certainly be proven false and drive away rational folk.

    And I trust you see that embedding your answers within the quotes that you are answering makes it very difficult to follow the discussion.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •