Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 116
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post


    So it seems to be all about "yom shishi" (gematria 666) versus "yom hashishi" (gematria 671) ...
    The seal of the living God:

    From "The Torah with the Baal Haturim's classic commentary"


  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius
    What's your argument?
    See the Bible Wheel Challenge. If my claims are false, you should be able to prove it in minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius
    I am serious: what do your claim exactly?
    Like I said, see the Bible Wheel Challenge. If my claims are false, you should be able to prove it in minutes.
    Still waiting sylvius ....
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Still waiting sylvius ....

    Do you claim to be kind of a god, or at least a chosen one or beloved disciple, since you are the only one to discover the bible-wheel that was hidden throughout the ages?

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Daytona
    Posts
    1,855

    Hey Richard, Personally, I suspect you've been 'blessed' in an extraordinary way.. maybe like Nebuchadrezzar?

    No Challenge for me--I agree with the 66 count, tho in my case it's mainly because of the 66 generations.. So I've put a link to your challenge on my 'acrostic' page (under 'perfect count'). I hear that added links help promote for search engines..

    BTW, hope your Bell's is healing rather than being rung. hah (wishin you well..)
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Do you claim to be kind of a god, or at least a chosen one or beloved disciple, since you are the only one to discover the bible-wheel that was hidden throughout the ages?
    By the way, don't you think I found some great thing today with χάραγμα τοῦ θηρίου versus σφραγίς, θεοῦ ζῶντος?
    Last edited by sylvius; 03-11-2013 at 10:36 AM.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    By the way, don't you think I found some great thing today with χάραγμα versus σφραγίς, θεοῦ ζῶντος?

    Since the writer of Revelation must have known about "tav" as last letter of the Hebrew Alphabet there must be a correlation between his "I am the Alpha and the Omega" and his "seal of the living God" and "mark of the beast"

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius
    What's your argument?
    See the Bible Wheel Challenge. If my claims are false, you should be able to prove it in minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius
    I am serious: what do your claim exactly?
    Like I said, see the Bible Wheel Challenge. If my claims are false, you should be able to prove it in minutes.
    Still waiting sylvius ....
    Do you claim to be kind of a god, or at least a chosen one or beloved disciple, since you are the only one to discover the bible-wheel that was hidden throughout the ages?
    No, I have never believed anything like that, and it does not follow from the mere act of discovery. Your question is both rude and irrational.

    I'm still waiting ...
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post

    Hey Richard, Personally, I suspect you've been 'blessed' in an extraordinary way.. maybe like Nebuchadrezzar?

    No Challenge for me--I agree with the 66 count, tho in my case it's mainly because of the 66 generations.. So I've put a link to your challenge on my 'acrostic' page (under 'perfect count'). I hear that added links help promote for search engines..
    I think your preference for your pattern in the generations shows how folks tend to be much more impressed by things they discover for themselves. We see the same thing with sylvius' obsession with "yom shishi" = 666. Maybe this is what really impresses me about the Bible Wheel? I wonder what I would think of it if someone else discovered it ...

    Of course, there is something else to consider, namely, OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE. Your theory about the 66 generations is not convincing for many reasons. I've explained this many times and you just ignore it. So since you bring it up again, here again are the problems with it (copied from this post in the The 33/66 Pattern thread from 4/18/2012).

    The problem I have with the genealogies is that they are quite unreliable and confused. You have to manipulate the data to make it fit your pattern. That's why it doesn't seem like it's real. Here are the facts that make it look unreliable:

    1) Luke contradicts your pattern when he says there are 21 generations from Adam to Abraham.

    2) Matthew contradicts your pattern when he says that Jospeh was Mary's "aner" (man/husband), whereas you say that Joseph was really Mary's father. This point alone makes the pattern very suspect since no translator agrees with your interpretation.

    3) You include "Assir" as a son of Jechoniah whereas 9 out of the 15 translations of that verse listed on this page don't agree that it is a name at all, but translate it as "prisoner" or "captive."

    4) You omit Pedaiah who is explicitly stated to have been the father of Zerubabbel in 1 Chronicles 3:19 which contradicts the other texts that say he was the son of Salathiel. Believers have suggested various ways to harmonize this contradiction by speculating about a possible Levirate marriage or that the title "son of Shealtiel" does not refer to being a biological son but to being a member in Shealtiel's "household." There is no way for us to know the true solution. It could just be another error like Luke's inclusion of Cainan.

    Any one of these four problems is sufficient to destroy the pattern you have found. The four of them together make your pattern entirely unbelievable. That's why the whole thing seems vain to me. The Bible is filled with errors, and the genealogies are the least reliable of all. I don't see how anyone could have any confidence that there is a real pattern in the genealogies since you had to manipulate the data too much to get the pattern and your pattern directly contradicts the conclusions of many biblical scholars as well as the plain text of Scripture. If you have any regard for the Bible as the true "Word of God" how can you think that he would encode a message in such an uncertain, contradictory, and confusing way? Could any serious scholar have any confidence that the pattern is really there if it requires so much manipulation to make it appear? I think not.

    That's what I told you last April. You never were able to answer those questions. Therefore, I have no reason to think that the pattern is legitimate.

    Now compare this with the Bible Wheel. It requires no manipulation of the data at all. The patterns are quite plain and obvious, and the are deep and profound. Even as an unbeliever I am still impressed by this evidence. It is ten thousand light years beyond the little fragmentary pattern in the genealogy that you find so very convincing. So I guess my guess was correct. Folks are pretty much only impressed by things they discover for themselves ... except when it comes to real science like the Periodic Table, Atomic Theory, Relativity, and stuff like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    BTW, hope your Bell's is healing rather than being rung. hah (wishin you well..)
    Thanks! It's much better. I'm really glad the bell was "rung" - it woke me up to Spring time. It made me aware of how short life is so I appreciate it more.


    Shine on!

    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Now compare this with the Bible Wheel. It requires no manipulation of the data at all. :
    You just have to manipualte the books into the wheel, like driving sheep into a stable.

    1 Corinthians must fit into spoke 3, if it's willing or not.

    For else the whole system won't work

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    You just have to manipualte the books into the wheel, like driving sheep into a stable.
    That's not a manipulation of any particular datum. It is a natural representation of the 66 books as a whole. It is mathematically equivalent to representing the 66 books as three columns of 22 books each. But the geometric representation as either a circular or rectangular matrix is not even necessary. It just make the patterns that are intrinsic to the one-dimensional list more obvious. For example, the one dimensional list is grouped 5 - 12 - 5 - 5 - 12 -5 - 22. The fact that these seven groups cohere into three cycles becomes self-evident when represented on the wheel or in a rectangular matrix.

    Cycle 1: 22 books (5 - 12 - 5)
    Cycle 2: 22 books (5 - 12 - 5)
    Cycle 3: 22 books (22)

    There would only be a "manipulation" if I had to change the order of books to make it work.

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    1 Corinthians must fit into spoke 3, if it's willing or not.

    For else the whole system won't work
    That not true. There is nothing that 1 Corinthians "must" fit. If you can show that some other book fits better on Spoke 2 and that the existing patterns are not optimal then you will have met the Bible Wheel Challenge and DEFEATED my claims. That's the whole point of the Bible Wheel challenge. You really should try it since all your opposition so far (for years!) has been mind numbingly idiotic and ignorant.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •