Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remains of Gomorrah

Once again playing with Google Earth I thought I would have a look at the region of Sodom and Gomorrah. There were two other cities along the shore of the Dead Sea that were also destroyed by fire and brimstone. God has left these as a testimony and evidence for the destruction that came on those cities. I recommend you watch Michael Rood's video entitled 'Sodom and Gomorrah'. Here are the urls to Youtube for you to cut and paste into your address bar:
    part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QsgY115EFc
    part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8plh4NMoQs8

Here is what I found by searching on Google Earth. Although I have lessened the file size of the images compared to those I first posted in 'The Red Sea crossing...' thread. The file sizes were further reduced by the administrator of the forum or else done automatically. Alas the detail that I tried to show you has been reduced. This is why I recommend you download Google Earth and take a virtual holiday to these places.

This is the resolution that you can get from Google Earth when looking at this area
    Name:  resolution - Gomorrah.png
Views: 133
Size:  140.7 KB

This is Google Earth showing a photograh taken from the point of interest shown on the map/picture
    Name:  Gomorrah_opt.png
Views: 163
Size:  495.5 KB

Again, this is a photograph of the area taken from the photogallery linked to another point of interest. This is what you can find from searching on Google Earth
    Name:  Ash remains - Gomorrah.png
Views: 154
Size:  407.5 KB

David

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Once again playing with Google Earth I thought I would have a look at the region of Sodom and Gomorrah. There were two other cities along the shore of the Dead Sea that were also destroyed by fire and brimstone. God has left these as a testimony and evidence for the destruction that came on those cities. I recommend you watch Michael Rood's video entitled 'Sodom and Gomorrah'. Here are the urls to Youtube for you to cut and paste into your address bar:

That does not prove that God left those as testimony and evidence for the destruction on those cities. On the contrary, it shows how ignorant of natural occurrences the people of those times were. They attributed natural disasters to gods punishing people. A much more plausible explanation was that the Volcano Santorini erupted in 1628BC.

Read these links David. The evidence meshes perfectly with a natural disaster and not God punishing people. http://www.lexiline.com/lexiline/lexi58.htm

http://www.lexiline.com/lexiline/lexi59.htm
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix

"That does not prove that God left those as testimony and evidence for the destruction on those cities."

This is true.

No different then us not finding the stones they left in a river on the way to the promised land. BTW did you know there's an angel under a river somewhere waiting for revelation?
    "There is nothing but shame to be gained by willfully holding to false opinions!"
    How true.

One last thing David. All these claims originated form Ron Wyatt. And then other Christians get a hold of them and run with it. I suggest you research who you are actually listening to. Rather than diving in head first to confirm your preconceived bias.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Funky1096 View Post

BTW did you know there's an angel under a river somewhere waiting for revelation?
    Do you have a point? BTW did you know there is no proof of angels?

Not only can biblical miracles like the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah be explained by natural occurrences, but the reasons given for such disasters are themselves faulty. Sodom and Gomorrah were supposed to have been destroyed by god because of rampant homosexuality, did anything change in the nature of humans? NO!

The same with the Flood story where god was supposed to have destroyed all of mankind except for righteous Noah and his family because of rampant wickedness, did anything change in the nature of humans? NO!

God does not seem to be able to accomplish that which the Bible claims is his reason for the destructive actions it records.

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

"Not only can biblical miracles like the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah be explained by natural occurrences, but the reasons given for such disasters are themselves faulty. Sodom and Gomorrah were supposed to have been destroyed by god because of rampant homosexuality, did anything change in the nature of humans? NO!

The same with the Flood story where god was supposed to have destroyed all of mankind except for righteous Noah and his family because of rampant wickedness, did anything change in the nature of humans? NO!"

You think God didint address this?
    Matthew 21:32-41 KJV
    "For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him. Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons"

What happened to everyone but Noah that ignored God? Death there was no true forgiveness of sins yet.

What happened to sodom and Gomorrah? They where killed.

Both situations the righteous were spared.

"Do you have a point? BTW did you know there is no proof of angels?"

Yes angels are TOTTALY faith based. But ofcourse no1 is going to point out the demon worship studies(ghost hunters)

Ofcourse getting involved in demon contacting stuff is witchcraft(duh).
    "There is nothing but shame to be gained by willfully holding to false opinions!"
    How true.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky1096 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    "Not only can biblical miracles like the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah be explained by natural occurrences, but the reasons given for such disasters are themselves faulty. Sodom and Gomorrah were supposed to have been destroyed by god because of rampant homosexuality, did anything change in the nature of humans? NO!

The same with the Flood story where god was supposed to have destroyed all of mankind except for righteous Noah and his family because of rampant wickedness, did anything change in the nature of humans? NO!"
    You think God didint address this?
    Matthew 21:32-41 KJV
    "For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him. Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons"

What happened to everyone but Noah that ignored God? Death there was no true forgiveness of sins yet.

What happened to sodom and Gomorrah? They where killed.

Both situations the righteous were spared.
    Hi Funky1096,

That's the whole point! The supposed righteous were spared, yet NOTHING CHANGED! So, what was the point of killing everyone if nothing changed? Didn't god know that the seeds of wickedness were apparently in righteous Noah, or righteous Lot?

It's pretty ludicrous if you ask me...an omnipotent god who doesn't even know how to get rid of evil in his own creations.

All the best,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Exclamation

"It's pretty ludicrous if you ask me...an omnipotent god who doesn't even know how to get rid of evil in his own creations."

God knows how XD.
    Actually that's free will. Free will to obey or ignore/disobey God or authority.

You disagree with free will?

Occasionally God chastised the Israelites like with pharaoh. God had the pharaoh killed and hardened the pharoh's heart to spread His fame and demonstrate His power to the Israelites. You actually brought a challenge up dogs, the unregenerative unsaved heathen possibly have no free will.

Any Biblical points defending or attacking free will of dogs Scriptualy?

"That's the whole point! The supposed righteous were spared, yet NOTHING CHANGED! So, what was the point of killing everyone if nothing changed? Didn't god know that the seeds of wickedness were apparently in righteous Noah, or righteous Lot? "

Read more Scripture lot and Noah where rightous in God's eyes for various reasons.

Most "denominilationiats"

Will argue they (Noah and lot) went to heaven.

They are partially right they are wrong because of at that time they where under the temporary scepter of grace.

They went to hell but where saved when they repented during the three days Christ was dead on the earth(physically) and yes somethings happened during Christ's death. Yes this is scriptual.

1 Peter 3:18-20 KJV
    "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water"

Although I have no scriptual backing for when EXACTLY Christ did this he did it fairly soon after his redemptive physical death. So I assume (until I find scriptual answers) it happened between the three days/nights.
    Also I doubt Jesus did it after he ascended to heaven since he would just have to come back down(literally speaking).
    How true.

There you go again Funky,

Yur speaking things The Truth don't cash. Ya' need to burn up all that funny money:

John 3.13
    No one has ascended into heaven except the One who descended from heaven — the Son of Man.

Do you think you might need to rethink this whole going to heaven myth?

There is not even one verse anywhere that says any human was, is, or will be in G_d's heaven.

Straight Shooter,

Timmy

Before you go spouting off verses, pay attention to detail first, and context next.
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

Thread Information