Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

The Red Sea crossing and Mount Sinai in Arabia

Out of interest, I wondered what could be seen when using Google Earth to look at the site that is now the accepted site for the crossing of the Red Sea where underwater photographs have been taken of the chariot wheels and axles along a mile and a half strip.

At this crossing on both sides of the Red Sea were two pillars were erected and credited to King Solomon. The pillar on the Saudi Arabia side has been taken away and a plaque left in its place.

Following the route into Arabia you come to Mount Sinai. The archeological finds in the area are evidence that the Children of Israel were camped there. These have been indicated on the Google Earth maps; you have to click on the little rectangles to see the label and if you double click then a photograh opens up.

I was hoping to zoom in on the area where the giant rock is which is split down the middle and which both the rock and the mountainside shows evidence of water erosion. Unfortunately, the resolution is not good enough at ground level to see this and the mountain is covered in mist. Zooming in on the area you will be able to see the fence that Saudi Arabia has erected at the bottom of the valley to keep people from going onto Mount Sinai. The fence does not go all the way around the Mount; just to prevent people who are travelling on the tourist trail.

For those who have not yet used Google Earth. Here are two images which I was able to obtain. I had to leave the context box in the one picture just to show the label of one of the points of interest. The first picture shows the photograph attached to the label/point of interest.

Name:  Red Sea Crossing.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  125.0 KB

Name:  Mount Sinai.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  135.2 KB

David
    Last edited by David M; 03-04-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Out of interest, I wondered what could be seen when using Google Earth to look at the site that is now the accepted site for the crossing of the Red Sea where underwater photographs have been taken of the chariot wheels and axles along a mile and a half strip.
    Again no significance David. The Red Sea chariot nonsense was started by Ron Wyatt. A proven phony. Nothing that can be proven 100% shows any chariot wheels ever found.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...m#.UTYJ2FdN9tA

http://www.snopes.com/religion/redsea.asp
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix

Thread Information