Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Complexity

By the way did you know there is supposed to be one universal faith for Christians? Not multiply denominations no but one faith.

Ephesians 4:3-6 KJV
    "Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all"
    "There is nothing but shame to be gained by willfully holding to false opinions!"
    How true.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky1096 View Post
    No I'm open to literal interpretation based off other verses in the Bible, that are in context of the whole bible.
    That's your error. Who says that God intended you to interpret everything in the Bible literally? We know that is an error because the Bible speaks frequently of non-literal interpretations.

It looks like you start with a premise that is directly contrary to the teaching of the Bible.

Didint I just say God is the ultimate authority?
    Yes, that's what you said. But then you contradicted yourself by implying that YOU are the ultimate authority.

"The Bible does not say that"

Nope it gives us strict guidelines as to what His word is. Many versions of today fail to meet that guideline.

When I say "KJV only" I should start saying. "The Bible as defined by the Bible"
    You have not shown that it gives anyone any "strict guidelines." You have not even DEFINED THE BIBLE as yet. I've brought this to your attention many times and you continue to ignore it. This is very strange, since without a definition of the Bible all your assertions are meaningless.

The KJV cannot define the Bible because the KJV did not exist until the 17th century. I've brought this to your attention many times and you have not answered it.

Me saying KJV only isint glorifieing God nor pointing you back to him apperently.
    Glad you recognize that. The KJV Only position is radically irrational. How is it possible that you could believe it? I've asked many times and you have not answered.

First of all I said "I" in that sentence since you still are ignoring the Bible and therefore God. I am not, I hope and pray that the "I" could be a "we". Second like I said before God is the ultimate authority. The sin you speak of is witchcraft or blashphemy and if you want to get technical the Bible says the only sin God can disown us for is fornification.
    First, you have not defined the Bible. Second, you are now equating the Bible with God. That's absurd. There was a time when the Bible did not exist, so it cannot be God. And worse, there are many different Bibles and you have not given any explanation about why one is true except your own subjective opinion that only the KJV has no contradictions. But that's blatantly absurd because everyone can see that you have a DOUBLE STANDARD where you explain away the KJV contradictions but not the others. That's the definition of unrighteousness. According to the Bible, God hates double standards and all forms of unrighteous judgment.

Do you understand what I am saying? Do you understand why it appears that you have a DOUBLE STANDARD and why your position appears to be delusional?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy
    "Yes, i too think that just because man makes a god out of what he can physically perceive does not make that anthropomorphic representation a god...and in fact lessens the dynamism possibly realised therein.

Many times we get just what we focus on, but that is no reason to invest belief in whatever results from foci."
    Well two things.

One again idk what this has to do with the Bible(I don't like physiological terms applied to the living God).

And two you Didint back your statements up nor answered them.
    Well, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black could anything be more obvious?

How do you talk about Jesus without using physiological terms?

You come off as somebody who is going to teach what you think the Bible says, but if your flawed 1611KJV contradicts the text it was translated from, you scamper off on some tangent, to find verses to suit your own falsehoods. The verses are out of context, and from one sorry ass equivalent that does not deserve the word dynamic adjectived before it...and you will not compare with more accurate dynamic equivalents that have been much more successfully translated toward this very purpose.

Your own false doctrines are derived from an out of context cut and paste of verses through your "assistance" toward understanding with off base simplistic delusional commentary, and you think shouting "chapter and verse, please" is going to somehow even help you get a grip on the root of any matter?

You persist in wallowing in the quagmires of intellectual inanity simply because you bow down to King James?
    Your bibliolatry is your own stumbling block, choosing to not hear, you stumble blindly!

"Yes, what you say is followed; but, how does one express abstract nouns in understandable terms to one who thinks man is three parts, when spirit is not entity"

Quote Originally Posted by the Funk
    man can be three parts or two. spirit, soul, flesh. Or soul, spirit.
    dog is two but only flesh and soul.

And spirit is not entity? Our spirit is distinct from our physical body we just cannot tell which one we are in. This once more requires a long road to explanation.
    Soul is expression through the body and not a part. Soul is expression and not a possession.

My dog "is" spirit and body...just like all beasts: humans included.
    I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them:as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast:for all is vanity.

All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

So, above, in Kohelet 3, from your holey KJV DIe-version, you have your answer to what i said, and the lies you think others should believe as you, are proven false.

BTW, huMANs, thinking in your terms, are four basic components, not three.

"...and thinking themselves teachers, they need be taught themselves..."

LISTEN FUNKY. YOU ARE ONLY SHOWING YOU HAVE NO ROUNDED KNOWLEDGE OF EVEN THE KJV BASTARDISATION OF THE ORIGINAL BIBLE TEXTS. JESUS DID NOT BEGIN MINISTRY TIL AFTER THIRTY YEARS OF LEARNING AND LIVING. IF HE IS YOUR MASTER, WHAT MAKES YOU GREATER THAN HIM, WITH ONLY TWO YEARS UNDER YOUR BELT?

Might it be suggested you read through the Bible at least once before you think you know what you obviously do not. Start with James 3, understanding from this chapter sever judgement awaits you continuing to do what you are doing.

Seriously,

Timmy

We do not understand your false prophecy.
    We overstand you, greenhorn.
    Listen and learn before you spout off any more lies.
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-04-2013 at 01:32 PM.

By the way did you know there is supposed to be one universal faith for Christians? Not multiply denominations no but one faith.

Ephesians 4:3-6 KJV
    "Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all"
    Note the word "endeavouring." Unity is something that believers are supposed to strive for. This has been the CENTRAL PROBLEM of Christianity from the beginning and such unity has never been found.

I think that's because the Bible does not really make sense. It is full of contradictions so everyone has to make up their own interpretations and so can never come to unity.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    You persist in wallowing in the quagmires of intellectual inanity simply because you bow down to King James?
    Your bibliolatry is your own stumbling block, choosing to not hear, you stumble blindly!
    Yeah, bibliolatry can blind you if you take your own private interpretation as "God's interpretation" and so set yourself upon the thrown above the stars of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Soul is expression through the body and not a part. Soul is expression and not a possession.

My dog "is" spirit and body...just like all beasts: humans included.
    I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them:as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast:for all is vanity.

All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

So, above, in Kohelet 3, from your holey KJV DIe-version, you have your answer to what i said, and the lies you think others should believe as you are shown false.
    An even better proof of the biblical view of animals (including humans) being a body/breath unity called a "living soul" is found in Gen 2:7:
    KJV Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    The word translated as "living soul" is nephesh chayah which is exactly the same phrase used to describe the fish in the sea and the land animals.

It's very strange how many Christians fail to understand this. The Bible uses exactly the same words to describe all animal life, including humans.

Check out my blog site

"The word translated as "living soul" is nephesh chayah which is exactly the same phrase used to describe the fish in the sea and the land animals.

It's very strange how many Christians fail to understand this. The Bible uses exactly the same words to describe all animal life, including humans."

First of all I haven't even gotten to salvation and yes it involves how that is true (Biblically) not Greek text.

"I think that's because the Bible does not really make sense. It is full of contradictions so everyone has to make up their own interpretations and so can never come to unity."

Well you have just been informed the KJV of 1611 has no such contradictions.

"Well, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black could anything be more obvious?

How do you talk about Jesus without using physiological terms?"

Meh wrong qoute good point. Use language it's descriptive I'm full of bs for saying otherwise.

"You come off as somebody who is going to teach what you think the Bible says, but if your flawed 1611KJV contradicts the text it was translated from, you scamper off on some tangent, to find verses to suit your own falsehoods. The verses are out of context, and from one sorry ass equivalent that does not deserve the word dynamic adjectived before it...and you will not compare with more accurate dynamic equivalents that have been much more successfully translated toward this very purpose."

"more accurate dynamic equivalents that have been much more successfully translated toward this very purpose"

XD there are readings in the KJV that are not found on any other document on earth. I say God inspiration you say bad fruit.

I point out true biblical inconsistencies in the "more accurate dynamic equivalents that have been much more successfully translated toward this very purpose"

Well idgaf that their more "accurate" their accuracy preserves errors KJV is different it contains readings not found anywhere on earth and has no contradictions as defined by the word of God or Scripture.

And to settle your confusion saying the word "Bible" is like saying Scripture or word of God.
    I do not even know how the word "Bible" is Scriptural.

"Your bibliolatry is your own stumbling block, choosing to not hear, you stumble blindly!"

What are you trying to tell me?

I'm using the word of God to make a stance on what it says itself is.

Your telling me not to do that (or in Richards case ignoring the verses) and study the Greek and Hebrew with you and deny any modern inerrancy.
    "There is nothing but shame to be gained by willfully holding to false opinions!"
    How true.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    An even better proof of the biblical view of animals (including humans) being a body/breath unity called a "living soul" is found in Gen 2:7:
    KJV Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    The word translated as "living soul" is nephesh chayah which is exactly the same phrase used to describe the fish in the sea and the land animals.

It's very strange how many Christians fail to understand this. The Bible uses exactly the same words to describe all animal life, including humans.
    Strange indeed.

So i did some historic researching, and bored with it after not being able to clearly identify the exact source.

This is just educated guessing but it might help. It's been over 20 years since this quest was completed, so maybe somebody here might help me get my foot out of my mouth, or possibly elaborate further:

Pontifax Maximus Constantine employed two or three theologians to integrate paganism and Western philsophy (particularly Platonic thought) to the HRCC during his quest toward Pax Romana...only one: Origen comes to mind at present, though. Of main import with Constantine, a worshipper of Mithras (even expressed through his funeral proceedings), that sun worship become a center piece of Romanism. It was the first step in attempting to make xianity the religion of the empire.

Other theologians and Emporers continued in this.

Most noted when studying the historic span of this phenomena--the procession and influence of religions/philosophy, was the influence of Marcus Aurelius and his own methods of integrating Aristotlean thinking into the culture, and attempts toward making the empire of the people in this...but that gets off topic from this thread.

Anyway, this mistake of thinking we are spirit appears more prevalent in writings after 400 A.D., and has perpetually grown more prominent through the passage of time.

What i do not understand is why, since the foundation of the Berith Hadash is the Tanakh, why do people assume they are in contradiction, rather than understanding the limitations of Koiné compared with Hebrew/Aramaic?

Timmy
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-04-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMY
    .and you will not compare with more accurate dynamic equivalents that have been much more successfully translated toward this very purpose."

"more accurate dynamic equivalents that have been much more successfully translated toward this very purpose"
    XD there are readings in the KJV that are not found on any other document on earth. I say God inspiration you say bad fruit.

I point out true biblical inconsistencies in the "more accurate dynamic equivalents that have been much more successfully translated toward this very purpose"

Well idgaf that their more "accurate" their accuracy preserves errors KJV is different it contains readings not found anywhere on earth and has no contradictions as defined by the word of God or Scripture.
    Please explain what you are meaning by,"readings in the KJV that are not found on any other document on earth. I say God inspiration..."

FYI, specifically Hebrew, secondary Greek, all translations are inconsistent. The best of these inconsistent renderings toward accuracy, to date, is the HCSB.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky1096
    And to settle your confusion saying the word "Bible" is like saying Scripture or word of God.
    I do not even know how the word "Bible" is Scriptural.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey
    "Your bibliolatry is your own stumbling block, choosing to not hear, you stumble blindly!"
    What are you trying to tell me?

I'm using the word of God to make a stance on what it says itself is.

Your telling me not to do that (or in Richards case ignoring the verses) and study the Greek and Hebrew with you and deny any modern inerrancy.
    Explain idolatry to me.

BIBLIO=book
    Bibliolatry=Exalting and serving a certain book or books above all else.

There is the original brandname manufacturer, and there are spin-offs. If you choose a replica or some less costly black market copy over the spitting image, don't go crying about how you were ripped off when the similitude never works like the real McCoy.

Do as thou wilt, glasshoppah.

Timmy
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-04-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

"
    Well you have just been informed the KJV of 1611 has no such contradictions.
    Are you Kent Hovind posting from the prison computer? Because Kent Hovind just happens to have the same argument and even uses the same verses you do to prove his point. No doubt you are a follower of his or were at some point.

Here is Kent Hovind in a 3-4 part series presenting the same arguments you are regurgitating.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix

How true.

Thread Information