Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Complexity

Quote Originally Posted by Funky1096 View Post
    First of all I haven't even gotten to salvation and yes it involves how that is true (Biblically) not Greek text.
    The NT Bible IS a Greek text!

Well you have just been informed the KJV of 1611 has no such contradictions.
    I've been informed of nothing but your unjustified and false opinion.

The KJV is full of contradictions from beginning to end. The birth narratives in Matthew and Luke are totally contradictory. The events of the Passion Week are totally contradictory. No Christian has ever been able to resolve the contradictions. If you think you can do it, then hop over to the thread called Dan Barker's Resurrection Challenge and post your answer there.

XD there are readings in the KJV that are not found on any other document on earth. I say God inspiration you say bad fruit.
    It's just the potsherds of one fallible opinion clashing with potsherds of another.

How arrogant is it for the potsherd to claim to be speaking the truth of God?

Well idgaf that their more "accurate" their accuracy preserves errors KJV is different it contains readings not found anywhere on earth and has no contradictions as defined by the word of God or Scripture.
    You have failed to define the Scripture so your clever theory is based on nothing but your own proud opinion.

I do not even know how the word "Bible" is Scriptural.
    It's not. Yet you constantly speak of it. This shows that you are following your own made up religion.

I'm using the word of God to make a stance on what it says itself is.
    You are using the Bible to support your personal opinion as if it were God's own truth. This is the essence of religious delusion.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by L67 View Post
    Are you Kent Hovind posting from the prison computer? Because Kent Hovind just happens to have the same argument and even uses the same verses you do to prove his point. No doubt you are a follower of his or were at some point.

Here is Kent Hovind in a 3-4 part series presenting the same arguments you are regurgitating.

L67!!!

This is priceless and all would do well to note the authoritarianisticity some bleeters need be perpetually on guard against...then again, yyou cannot tell the indolent or confused mux of anything without being misunderstood.

CIO

Timmy

". If you think you can do it, then hop over to the thread called Dan Barker's Resurrection Challenge and post your answer there. "
    Easter is of heathen origin XD. Was that a trick question?

Anyways glad those people want to logicalize the Bible it's impossible simple answer for the first problem it was Jesus's physical body anointed and spiced not his spirit body :L.

[EDIT]
    Never had heard of him before ima gunu go see if he has any scriptures to point out.

[EDIT2]

That deceptive guy.
    He is pointing out differences XD. I look for true contradictions in every version I read as explained here
    http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...-of-Christians
    Last edited by Funky1096; 03-04-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    "There is nothing but shame to be gained by willfully holding to false opinions!"
    How true.

". If you think you can do it, then hop over to the thread called Dan Barker's Resurrection Challenge and post your answer there. "
    Easter is of heathen origin XD. Was that a trick question?

Anyways glad those people want to logicalize the Bible it's impossible simple answer for the first problem it was Jesus's physical body anointed and spiced not his spirit body :L.

[EDIT]
    Never had heard of him before ima gunu go see if he has any scriptures to point out.
    It sounds like you admit the KJV is full of contradictions. So which is it?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Did I say that? No.
    "It sounds like you admit the KJV is full of contradictions. So which is it?"

I look for contradictions to make 100% sure its good fruit. Open mind if I find a irefutable error (ie unexplainable contradiction) then I go find another version.

[EDIT]
    http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...flesh-AND-soul

Go pick at Scriptual inconsistencies in that I seriously need it.
    (ITS IMPORTANT)
    Last edited by Funky1096; 03-04-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    "There is nothing but shame to be gained by willfully holding to false opinions!"
    How true.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    L67!!!

This is priceless and all would do well to note the authoritarianisticity some bleeters need be perpetually on guard against...then again, yyou cannot tell the indolent or confused mux of anything without being misunderstood.

CIO

Timmy
    Hola Timoteo ,

I probably wouldn't have responded to this, but at 2:22, he said there were 151 different English translations. Of course, that got my attention because that is the ord value of "Jesus Christ" and "Holy Spirit". Now, I don't know enough about Mr Hovind to form a fair opinion and it may be just as well.

Phl 1:15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill.
    Phl 1:17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.
    Phl 1:18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,

I use both the NIV and the KJV, but mostly I read from the NIV because of the ease. I think God can use any version or person for his glory. (BTW, when I used preach* in the Blue Letter Bible website under KJV to pull up Phl 1:18, it said there were 153 in the bible. Hmmmm, 153 fish)

Nobody is going to be able to excuse themselves before God because they didn't have the "right version".

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:
    Rom 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

It's not rocket science.

Steve
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Ps 19:14 (NIV)

Oh Timmy, One Other Thing (OTOOT )

Yeah, I'm tooting my horn again.

101 is the one who started this maze I'm in. There is only one verse that = 888 (Jesus)

1Ch 8:16 And Michael, and Ispah, and Joha, the sons of Beriah;

5 words (stones), 24 letters (8+8+8) First word is Michael = 107 (of course, 101 + the 6 (man) of the vav)

In the NIV preach* search it comes up 107 times.

So now we have "Michael row your boat ashore" with 153 fish.

Okay, I'm weird.

Steve
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Ps 19:14 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 27:1 View Post
    Oh Timmy, One Other Thing (OTOOT )

Yeah, I'm tooting my horn again.

101 is the one who started this maze I'm in. There is only one verse that = 888 (Jesus)

1Ch 8:16 And Michael, and Ispah, and Joha, the sons of Beriah;

5 words (stones), 24 letters (8+8+8) First word is Michael = 107 (of course, 101 + the 6 (man) of the vav)

In the NIV preach* search it comes up 107 times.

So now we have "Michael row your boat ashore" with 153 fish.

Okay...
    Steve
    Howdya doin' Steve,

The curiosity about the picture of 3 stones was shocking when seen--we had the same layout on the rh side of our drive...with three stones in the same formation with one standing tall as well. After seven years, the stones were moved (last fall) to landscape about the brick chevron patterned walk to the steps leading up to our porch.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Nobody is going to be able to excuse themselves before God because they didn't have the "right version".

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:
    Rom 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

It's not rocket science.
    RIGHTO STEVEO

...yet leading others in the wrong direction does not draw anyone in the right direction. The scriptures are toward reproof, correction, and instruction, and should someone teach, doing comes first. DO and then teach is the only example we are given to emulate.

Many do not realise they are only thinking and not actually believing. Of those thoughts assumed, if one does not test them in daily doings, lack of discernment descends into false teachings into more and more lies upon lies...

How much of what is thought true has never been lived out to know G_d approves you as one of His laborer who doesn't need be concerned over what anyone else thinks?

When we teach the Word relative to experience, it cuts out the tongue of those who say otherwise...unless the tongue-less foolishly sutures it back again.

Except for questioning things, why we forwards any information by any means, that is not related to our own life experience is usually for the sake of appearance. We will fail to recognise we assume the seat of the hypocrite in misguided efforts toward recognition and self-aggrandisement.

This whole issue so far discussed in most every post on this thread (and some elsewhere) is about getting the facts straight before instructin. To persist with misinformation after being told sources to use before speaking, then arguing that your information given is correct because you say G_d agrees with you and has ordained one and only one replica as the only truth begs to be discounted.

My first reading through the whole Protestant Bible was a gift from mom and dad on my 12th birthday with one note by dad written right inside the front cover. After a week, i was done...and the first thought after doing that "You forgot way more than you remember."

That began a perpetual trek, now spanning well over 25 years.

What were those words dad wrote?

Other books must be learned to be loved.
    This book must be loved to be learned.

If you ever think you really know anything about it
    You do not really know what you should.

No, it is not rocket science. We crawl until we can walk. Then we run until we fly away. It's not rocket science at all...but where does one begin?

But how can they call on Him they have not believed in? And how can they believe without hearing about Him? And how can they hear without a preacher? 15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:How beautiful are the feet of those who announce the gospel of good things! 16 But all did not obey the gospel. For Isaiah says, Lord, who has believed our message? 17 So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the message about Christ.
    Romans 10.14-17, HCSB

Nobody experiences relationship with G_d in adherence to what is not right and anyone who claims ordination from G_d proclaiming such seriously needs to examine themselves to see whether they are in the faith or if they do not discern right from wrong.

Mr. Hovind many times has spoken what his mouth can't cash.

The purer the message, the less accountability one has toward G_d because of misleading others into their own words.

Best is what is proven true by the trial and errors learning to depend on Yaweh through Yeshua for life.

In my use of English translations, whether teaching or itinerant, i try to find the one that most closely resembling mss. toward emphasis being related from experience--always with the discaimer that i do not know what i should but i try to show what i'm still learning by living it out, and anyone who knows better, do not hesitate to interrupt and correct me. More often than not, in order of most used, these are: ESV, NIV, HCSB, and yes, the KJV.

Currently, during study, it is an interlinear of the Masoretic text. With the B'rit Hadasha, i compiled and bound an interlinear with 8 prominent Gk. mss. to concourse. The HCSB is now used exclusively for comparative purposes...

...and still the learner,

Timmy

Thread Information