Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 93
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post

    If there is an explosion in a junk yard, and after the smoke cleared, there stood a Boeing 747, would you sail the friendly skies in it?

    Me neither.

    Timmy
    Just having fun,

    Samuel 377 came in a 707 and left in a 747.

    1Sa 1:20 Wherefore it came to pass, when the time was come about after Hannah had conceived, that she bare a son, and called (ותקרא 707 )his name Samuel (שמואל 377) , saying, Because I have asked (שאלתיו 747 ) him of the LORD.

    1Sa 1:28 Therefore also I have lent (השאלתהו 747 ) him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD. And he worshipped the LORD there.

    Explained more in another thread.

    Steve
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Ps 19:14 (NIV)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Eden/earth
    Posts
    100
    "Samuel 377 came in a 707 and left in a 747."

    What are you guys talking about when you say 707 and 747?
    "There is nothing but shame to be gained by willfully holding to false opinions!"
    How true.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    If there is an explosion in a junk yard, and after the smoke cleared, there stood a Boeing 747, would you sail the friendly skies in it?
    This is one of the most common of the many creationist fallacies.

    Evolution is NOTHING like an "explosion in a junk yard." The fact that creationists use this argument merely exposes their inexcusable ignorance.

    Evolution is driven by "chance" just like thermodynamics. Evolution explores the "phase space" of all possible genetic patterns. The environment at time t naturally selects the forms most fit for that environment. Nothing could be more natural or expected. Evolution is just the operation of natural law.

    Here is a debate where Dr. Rainbow gives very valuable explanation of what the actual science of evolution says.



    The good stuff starts @32 minutes in. He made a graphic that shows how the "evolution machine" which runs 24/7/365 while exploring the "evolutionary phase space."

    If you understand his explanation you will understand why the validity of evolution is as certain as the second law of thermodynamics.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky1096 View Post
    "Samuel 377 came in a 707 and left in a 747."

    What are you guys talking about when you say 707 and 747?
    Oh, this is priceless!

    Welcome to the merry-go-round that is the BW forum, Mr. Funk,

    Click on the bible database tab at the top of the page. Scroll down till you see the gematria box. Enter 747. Go to the 4th occurrence which is 1 Sa 1:20. You're (not "your") on your (not "you're") own now, kiddo.

    BTW, that was not how I came across it. I had been studying 1 Samuel 1 and specifically the name "Samuel", when I had noticed the 747 at the end of the verse. Since it was fresh in my mind, thanks to Timmy, I decided to have a little fun. Like a pun, only with numbers.

    A little laughter helps to ease the dizziness.

    Steve

    edit: wrong verse reference
    2nd edit: lol at me correcting funky on your and you're and I can't even spell across right. I suck at spelling
    Last edited by Ps 27:1; 03-02-2013 at 03:14 PM.
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Ps 19:14 (NIV)

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Eden/earth
    Posts
    100
    "Evolution is NOTHING like an "explosion in a junk yard." The fact that creationists use this argument merely exposes their inexcusable ignorance.

    Evolution is driven by "chance" just like thermodynamics. Evolution explores the "phase space" of all possible genetic patterns. The environment at time t naturally selects the forms most fit for that environment. Nothing could be more natural or expected. Evolution is just the operation of natural law. "
    Yep
    (Forgets to mention all factual mutations are extremely detrimental and the few with positive affects do very little)
    "There is nothing but shame to be gained by willfully holding to false opinions!"
    How true.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky1096 View Post
    (Forgets to mention all factual mutations are extremely detrimental and the few with positive affects do very little)
    Not true. Dr. Rainbow in the video explicitly states that 99.9% of all mutations are detrimental.

    You simply do not understand what you are talking about. The relative number of good/bad mutations is not the issue. The issue is that evolution is inevitable (like the second law) because it is based on the same principle of exploring evolutionary "phase space."

    Watch the video starting at about 32:00 minutes in and watch it through the phase space explanation. That should help clear up your confusion and free your mind from the deceptions taught by creationists.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Eden/earth
    Posts
    100
    XD I will say this then watch the video.

    You have more "faith" in this then you do most things.
    Lets see the last recorded population change due to mutations was.... Unrecorded if it exists.

    *goes to watch video*
    "There is nothing but shame to be gained by willfully holding to false opinions!"
    How true.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky1096 View Post
    XD I will say this then watch the video.

    You have more "faith" in this then you do most things.
    Lets see the last recorded population change due to mutations was.... Unrecorded if it exists.

    *goes to watch video*
    I don't have any "faith" in evolution.

    What makes you think you have the right to judge other people?

    What makes you think I have any "faith" in evolution? That's the most typical creationists absurdity out there. You try to level the playing field by dragging me down to your level. You equate your blind ignorant FAITH in superstitions with my knowledge of science. That's nuts.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky1096 View Post
    Lets see the last recorded population change due to mutations was.... Unrecorded if it exists.
    Now I understand your confusion. You apparently have never heard of the fossil record!
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky1096 View Post
    Ah the unedifying science vs the Living God debate this subject sucks and yet is amazing.
    No me saying "Evolution calls scripture a lie" I mean literally that XD.

    Creation allows us to learn about heavenly things like physical vs spiritual death and dominion.
    For example we physically die we have to eat and exercise. If we did not die we would not care about spiritual things we would never get there.
    Exact picture of our spiritual life. We must eat and exercise spiritual. We eat and feed by read the word of God. We excercise by testing our knowledge of scripture against other by talking and study.
    Would you like more comparison?
    I'm sorry but you have lost me completely. Maybe you can restate what you're talking about in another way because I don't know what evolution has to do with testing our knowledge of Scripture????

    All the best,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •