Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Hi Timmy,

Blessed Sabbath to you! Fascinating video. I only watched the first 7 min or so because I want to do some reading and posting. Will watch the rest later. Do you believe God used evolution to "create" man? Just curious, since the video brought up evolution about the time I decided to put it on the back burner. I won't think any less of you if you do!

Steve
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Ps 19:14 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 27:1 View Post
    Hi Timmy,

Blessed Sabbath to you! Fascinating video. I only watched the first 7 min or so because I want to do some reading and posting. Will watch the rest later. Do you believe God used evolution to "create" man? Just curious, since the video brought up evolution about the time I decided to put it on the back burner. I won't think any less of you if you do!

Steve
    G_d Bless you and yours through His Shabbat today BAKATCHA!

NO, i have never thought G_d needed to use evolution to create anything. The Word of God is all in all, and today all is upheld by the word of His power even as He created all things.

Every thing is devolving, not evolving. He made it that way.

Just because some so confuse themselves to think bad is good, white is black, up is down and so on, do not count me as one who professes to be wise, only to become a fool.

Evolution calls scripture a lie in principle.

Just because i find a petrified trove of different orbs: ball bearings, baseballs, basketballs, beach balls, etc, does not mean they evolved from one another, does it?

If there is an explosion in a junk yard, and after the smoke cleared, there stood a Boeing 747, would you sail the friendly skies in it?

Me neither.

Timmy
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-02-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

"Evolution calls scripture a lie in principle."

Yes it denies God meant "day" it puts words in or takes then out. I actually have an interesting collection of verses for those who beleive in the gap and don't beleive in evolution. And beleive in a literal 7 day creation and yes it's all possible/Biblical.
    "There is nothing but shame to be gained by willfully holding to false opinions!"
    How true.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky1096 View Post

Yes it denies God meant "day" it puts words in or takes then out. I actually have an interesting collection of verses for those who beleive in the gap and don't beleive in evolution. And beleive in a literal 7 day creation and yes it's all possible/Biblical.
    Just the reference points would be nice to study.

What is the gap?

The gap itself is a theory that something happened between genesis 1:1 and 1:2. There's the Biblical gap and the evolutionist gap.

I should make a new thread if we are too discuss this.
    "There is nothing but shame to be gained by willfully holding to false opinions!"
    How true.

Hi Funky1096,

By saying "Evolution calls Scripture a Lie" you are in effect saying that instead of all of nature declaring the truth of god's existence, it is declaring the falsehood of what the Bible teaches. I wholeheartedly agree, that at every turn evolution declares that the words of the Bible are WRONG because they are in direct contradiction to what all of nature declares. If a creator does exist it most certainly is NOT the god spoken of in the pages of Scripture. Everything science discovers regarding the origins of the universe and life are contrary to the beliefs of the primitive men who authored the Bible.

All the best,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    G_d Bless you and yours through His Shabbat today BAKATCHA!

NO, i have never thought G_d needed to use evolution to create anything. The Word of God is all in all, and today all is upheld by the word of His power even as He created all things.
    Thanks Timmy,

You know with my old timer's disease and in light of some of your recent videos, I wasn't sure. Thanks for spelling it out plainly for this duffer. I thought when I was linking the Walter Veith videos that you were in agreement then. I guess I got confused. Isn't hard for me to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy
    Just because i find a petrified trove of different orbs: ball bearings, baseballs, basketballs, beach balls, etc, does not mean they evolved from one another, does it?
    Good one. I've used the analogy of making a chair and table from the same tree. Or, in my Geometry classes I would often times use origami to illustrate definitions, properties, and yes, even theorems. Most of the students loved it since they are visually and kinetically oriented. Now just because I use the same first 5 or so folds to get a box or a bird, doesn't mean if I leave the box over spring break I will be greeted by a bird. If I were, it would be logical to assume someone was in my room playing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy

If there is an explosion in a junk yard, and after the smoke cleared, there stood a Boeing 747, would you sail the friendly skies in it?

Me neither.

Timmy

Steve
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Ps 19:14 (NIV)

The gap itself is a theory that something happened between genesis 1:1 and 1:2. There's the Biblical gap and the evolutionist gap.

I should make a new thread if we are too discuss this.
    The difference between the biblical gap and evolutionist gap is that the biblical gap can never be filled or bridged because it is frozen in the age of primitive men and their primitive god; whereas the evolutionist gap is continually shrinking as new evidence and discoveries are found to fill out our knowledge and understanding of how the universe was formed.

All the best,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hi Funky1096,

By saying "Evolution calls Scripture a Lie" you are in effect saying that instead of all of nature declaring the truth of god's existence, it is declaring the falsehood of what the Bible teaches. I wholeheartedly agree, that at every turn evolution declares that the words of the Bible are WRONG because they are in direct contradiction to what all of nature declares. If a creator does exist it most certainly is NOT the god spoken of in the pages of Scripture. Everything science discovers regarding the origins of the universe and life are contrary to the beliefs of the primitive men who authored the Bible.

All the best,
    Rose
    Bingo!

That's exactly what all Christians preach when they oppose the Bible against Reality. They are declaring two things: 1) The Bible is blatantly false and cannot be trusted, and 2) Anyone who believes the Bible is delusional.

That's what happens if you set your religious ideology against the ROCK OF REALITY.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Ah the unedifying science vs the Living God debate this subject sucks and yet is amazing.

"By saying "Evolution calls Scripture a Lie" you are in effect saying that instead of all of nature declaring the truth of god's existence, it is declaring the falsehood of what the Bible teaches. I wholeheartedly agree, that at every turn evolution declares that the words of the Bible are WRONG because they are in direct contradiction to what all of nature declares. If a creator does exist it most certainly is NOT the god spoken of in the pages of Scripture. Everything science discovers regarding the origins of the universe and life are contrary to the beliefs of the primitive men who authored the Bible."

No me saying "Evolution calls scripture a lie" I mean literally that XD.

Creation allows us to learn about heavenly things like physical vs spiritual death and dominion.
    For example we physically die we have to eat and exercise. If we did not die we would not care about spiritual things we would never get there.
    Exact picture of our spiritual life. We must eat and exercise spiritual. We eat and feed by read the word of God. We excercise by testing our knowledge of scripture against other by talking and study.
    Would you like more comparison?

[EDIT]
    Btw while I have you all looking at this.
    I keep seeing a few people call Saturday the holy day or sabbath. What are they talking about....
    Last edited by Funky1096; 03-02-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    How true.

Thread Information