Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 616

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    No set date for the Feast of Weeks (harvest).

The first feast (Passover) was observed in the first month, and the third feast (Tabernacles) was observed in the seventh month, and the second feast (Harvest or Pentecost) had no set date--it was seasonal, depending on the time the firstfruits of the crop appeared. This Harvest, or Feast of Weeks, is better known as Pentecost (Greek "50") to Christians familiar with Acts chapter two.

http://www.cswnet.com/~duxrow/webdoc22.htm
    Pentecost is the fiftieth day after the second day of Passover, seven weeks have passed, or seven times seven days = 49 days.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    It might be also about Mark's denarius, I can't deny

Mark 12:15-16,

"Bring me a denarius to look at.” They brought one to him and he said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?” They replied to him, “Caesar’s.”

See:
    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...en-after-81-CE

By then I did find also this:

http://www.truthorfables.com/Mark_Of_The_Beast.htm
    Titus Flavius Domitianus
    Most Bible expositors give us two candidates from Imperial Rome, Nero and Titus Flavius Domitianus. My choice is Domitian, (A.D. 81-96) the very Roman Emperor who was beginning to demand that his citizens worship him, virtually as a god, at the very time that John penned his prophecy. This simple historical detail is beyond all quibble. Most importantly, his official title in Latin was Imperator Caesar Domitianus Augustus Germanicus. This was rendered as Autokrator Kaisar Dometianos Sebastos Germanikos for his Greek-speaking subjects. And in turn, for their coins, this abbreviated to A.KAI.DOMET.SEB.GE=666 (1+20+1+10+4+70+40+5+300+200+5+2+3+5).
    How could they possibly miss John’s point, or even look elsewhere, with the very coins with his picture jangling in their pockets had his picture! And of course Domitain's name added up to 666. It is significant that, contrary to every other explanation of 666 of which I am aware, the Domitian employs every last letter of his official title in Greek in summing to 666! One of the threats facing the NT Christians was economic. They would not be able to buy or sell. Rev 13:16 - Rev 13:17 (NIV)
    So this Domitiian coin might prove that also the Gospel of Mark dates from the time of Domitian's reign.

http://socalcoins.blogspot.nl/2008/0...m-i-t-i-n.html

And this:

Autokrator Kaisar Dometianos Sebastos Germanikos

might be reflected by the "Pantokrator" of Revelation 1:8,

Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Ἄλφα καὶ τὸ ω, λέγει κύριος ὁ θεός, ὁ ὢν καὶ ὁ ἦν καὶ ὁ ἐρχόμενος, ὁ παντοκράτωρ.

Translated as Almighty = Omnipotens

Hebrew "shadai"

I think it is also the "dunamis", δύναμις, of Mark 14:62,

ὁ δὲ Ἰησοῦς εἶπεν, Ἐγώ εἰμι, καὶ ὄψεσθε τὸν υἱὸν τοῦ ἀνθρώπου ἐκ δεξιῶν καθήμενον τῆς δυνάμεως καὶ ἐρχόμενον μετὰ τῶν νεφελῶν τοῦ οὐρανοῦ.

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    OK, Sylvie, l liked your number 26; not sure about the stork bringing him though...
    From Levi to Kohath to Amram to Moses -- and since Levi was the 3rd son of Jacob#22, this agrees about Moses being Generation#26.

The 4th son of Jacob was Judah#23 in the generations leading to Jesus -- and David was #33, Solomon#34, Assir#52, and the final four were Jacab, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus#66. (The TRIPLE ACROSTIC!) Compare to Lamentations chapt. 3.
    I think you are right, they were storks, not cranes.

But today two large groups of cranes flew over my garden, very high, very far, I was alarmed by their "grr-grr"- chattering.

So I am lucky anyway.

Thread Information