Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: 616

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    No it doesn't.

    The name "QSR NRW(N)" seems to be just forced into it.

    Even the fact that some handwritings have 616 instead of 666 makes it likely.

    The copyïsts thinking that it was about Caesar Nero.
    There is no "forcing" of anything. The facts are the facts. There are two ways to spell Caesar Nero and those two ways "just happen" to correspond to the two variations on the number of the beast. This is strong evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    You misinterpret the "soon" and the "near".

    It is always soon and always near .
    like also Mark defines the Gospel,
    Mark 1:15,

    "The time has been fulfilled and the kingdom of God has drawn near"
    You are the one "misinterpreting." The words mean what they mean. Nothing could be more obvious. If they mean what you say, then they have no meaning at all.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    No, the Peshitta was written in Aramaic. But Aramaic can be written using Hebrew characters, as we seen in the Aramaic sections of Daniel for example.

    And more: Where in the Peshitta should occur the title Caesar (written as QSR)?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    And more: Where in the Peshitta should occur the title Caesar (written as QSR)?
    Lot's of places. There are 20 verses in the NT that mention Caesar.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    You misinterpret the "soon" and the "near".

    It is always soon and always near .
    like also Mark defines the Gospel,
    Mark 1:15,

    "The time has been fulfilled and the kingdom of God has drawn near"
    The kingdom was "near" because Christ was there. This has nothing to do with the meaning of "near" when used in reference to time, as it is explicitly used in Rev 1.3 - the TIME is NEAR.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    There is no "forcing" of anything. The facts are the facts. There are two ways to spell Caesar Nero and those two ways "just happen" to correspond to the two variations on the number of the beast. This is strong evidence.
    You mean wo ways to spell Caesar, Kaisar (Καῖσαρ) ansd Caesar, and two ways to spell the name Nero , Neron ("Nerohn"; "oh" = Omega) and Nero.





    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    You are the one "misinterpreting." The words mean what they mean. Nothing could be more obvious. If they mean what you say, then they have no meaning at all.
    Not for you, since you embraced preterism.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    The kingdom was "near" because Christ was there. This has nothing to do with the meaning of "near" when used in reference to time, as it is explicitly used in Rev 1.3 - the TIME is NEAR.

    In Hebrew it is the same same notion, from the root "karav" ("kuf-resh-bet"); "karov" = near; "b'karov" = soon. From this also "kerev" = inner; "b'kerev" in the midst of

    cf. the question put in Exodus 17:7,
    הֲיֵשׁ יְ-ה-וָ-ה בְּקִרְבֵּנוּ, אִם-אָיִן, "hayesh hashem b'kirbeinu im-ein?" -"Is the Lord in our midst or not?"


    to which Matthew 28:20 provides the answer:
    "See I am with you all the days until the end of time"


    Always near.
    Last edited by sylvius; 02-19-2013 at 01:50 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    In Hebrew it is the same same notion, from the root "karav" ("kuf-resh-bet"); "karov" = near; "b'karov" = soon. From this also "kerev" = inner; "b'kerev" in the midst of

    cf. the question put in Exodus 17:7,
    הֲיֵשׁ יְ-ה-וָ-ה בְּקִרְבֵּנוּ, אִם-אָיִן, "hayesh hashem b'kirbeinu im-ein?" -"Is the Lord in our midst or not?"


    to which Matthew 28:20 provides the answer:
    "See I am with you all the days until the end of time"


    Always near.
    It's common knowledge that karav can have that meaning in certain contexts. But it is a big mistake to say that it always has that meaning.

    Tell me, how would the Bible refer to an event that was actually going to happen "soon"? Are you saying that's impossible?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Not for you, since you embraced preterism.
    It has nothing to do with "me" embracing anything. It is the Bible that is "preterist". The word "preterist" merely refers to the idea that prophecies have been fulfilled, and that's the central theme of the Gospels and Acts (NT History) which speak of the fulfillment of prophecies much more than any other section of Scripture (source):

    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    It's common knowledge that karav can have that meaning in certain contexts. But it is a big mistake to say that it always has that meaning.

    Tell me, how would the Bible refer to an event that was actually going to happen "soon"? Are you saying that's impossible?

    "near" and "soon" are relative notions.

    The first word of Revelation reveals already that it is not about future events.



    1Ἀποκάλυψις Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ, ἣν ἔδωκεν αὐτῷ ὁ θεός, δεῖξαι τοῖς δούλοις αὐτοῦ ἃ δεῖ γενέσθαι ἐν τάχει, καὶ ἐσήμανεν ἀποστείλας διὰ τοῦ ἀγγέλου αὐτοῦ τῷ δούλῳ αὐτοῦ Ἰωάννῃ, 2ὃς ἐμαρτύρησεν τὸν λόγον τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ τὴν μαρτυρίαν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ, ὅσα εἶδεν. 3μακάριος ὁ ἀναγινώσκων καὶ οἱ ἀκούοντες τοὺς λόγους τῆς προφητείας καὶ τηροῦντες τὰ ἐν αὐτῇ γεγραμμένα, ὁ γὰρ καιρὸς ἐγγύς

    Ἀποκάλυψις - from καλύπτω = cover, hide

    It is about the uncovering of hidden things.

    Especially about the uncovering of God's name hidden in the initial letters of "yom hashishi vay'chulu hashamyim", the very central theme of NT.

    Revelation 13:18 reads: "Here is the wisdom! Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, etc"

    If he meant Caesar Nero he could have said it straightways: "Caesar Nero is the beast".


    Interesting LXX Daniel 12:4,
    καὶ σύ δανιηλ κάλυψον τὰ προστάγματα καὶ σφράγισαι τὸ βιβλίον ἕως καιροῦ συντελείας ἕως ἂν ἀπομανῶσιν οἱ πολλοὶ καὶ πλησθῇ ἡ γῆ ἀδικίας

    12:9,
    καὶ εἶπέν μοι ἀπότρεχε δανιηλ ὅτι κατακεκαλυμμένα καὶ ἐσφραγισμένα τὰ προστάγματα ἕως ἂν


    So here καλύπτω is used tot translate Hebrew "satam"

    v.4,
    וְאַתָּה דָנִיֵּאל, סְתֹם הַדְּבָרִים וַחֲתֹם הַסֵּפֶר--עַד-עֵת קֵץ; יְשֹׁטְטוּ רַבִּים, וְתִרְבֶּה הַדָּעַת

    v.9
    וַיֹּאמֶר, לֵךְ דָּנִיֵּאל: כִּי-סְתֻמִים וַחֲתֻמִים הַדְּבָרִים, עַד-עֵת קֵץ


    Daniel ending with a play on the letters "mem-s'tumah" (closed Mem) "nun-p'shutah" (outstretched Nun);

    v.13,
    וְאַתָּה, לֵךְ לַקֵּץ; וְתָנוּחַ וְתַעֲמֹד לְגֹרָלְךָ, לְקֵץ הַיָּמִין.

    so instead of "l'keits hayamim" it reads "l'keits hayamin"

    "yamin" = right hand.

    Mark 14:62,
    Then Jesus answered, “I am; and

    ‘you will see the Son of Man

    seated at the right hand of the Power

    and coming with the clouds of heaven.’”


    coming = ἐρχόμενος , a participium praesens, present participle

    the coming one = ὁ ἐρχόμενος

    He is coming all of the time, every single moment new,

    which is also the clue of the sayings "I am the Alpha and the Omega"

    ὁ ὢν καὶ ὁ ἦν καὶ ὁ ἐρχόμενος,

    who is and who was and who is coming
    Last edited by sylvius; 02-20-2013 at 03:20 AM.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    Revelation 22:12,

    - Ἰδοὺ ἔρχομαι ταχύ,

    says the same:

    "see I come quick"

    not: "see, I will come after a short while", not even "after a very short while"

    He is coming quick, even faster than light, overtaking time.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •