Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

The Home page has been redesigned

I redesigned the home page. It is now based on the WordPress framework which is much more extensible and easily customizable than the vBulletin CMS software that I had been using. It is has much better features for interaction with other blogs because it automatically sends and receives pingbacks between blogs that reference each other and so encourages interaction. So check it out! And don't be shy - I am very interested in what folks think about the issues I discuss. A couple of my recent articles:

I imported most of the posts from my old blog to my new blog, but have not moved the comment streams. They can still be viewed here.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I redesigned the home page. It is now based on the WordPress framework which is much more extensible and easily customizable than the vBulletin CMS software that I had been using. It is has much better features for interaction with other blogs because it automatically sends and receives pingbacks between blogs that reference each other and so encourages interaction. So check it out! And don't be shy - I am very interested in what folks think about the issues I discuss. A couple of my recent articles:

I imported most of the posts from my old blog to my new blog, but have not moved the comment streams. They can still be viewed here.
    Hello Richard
    I think I must have been one of the first people to see your newly designed home page. I was focussed on replying to another post and what with slow connections and almost losing an entire post (thanks for autosave which I found had not been overwritten) I forgot to comment on the new design which colour-wise and the smooth graphic I found to be very good.

My only problem was (and I now see the tab is there) I could not find a tab leading to the forum. Thankfully, the forum url was still working and so go there by typing the url into the address bar.

The only other comment I have to make is that I was not happy at the beginning when you integrated blog posts with forum posts. I sometimes forget whether I have replied to a blog post of a forum post. I spent time looking for a post on the forum which when I do search for in the forum does not show up in the results. Then I realized that it was in a blog post and then I could not easily find the post I was looking for. It did not help that I was looking for a new post, when in fact the part I posted was buried in a long reply. That said, the forum site is most welcome and the blog articles and replies make for good reading.

All the best

David

Thread Information