Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313

    2013: Year of the Woman

    2012 was a tumultuous year of great achievements and horrible tragedies for women. Here are some of its biggest moments: A Year in Women. Women are inching ever closer to equality, but the statement made famous back in 1995 by Hillary Clinton: “Woman’s Rights are Human Rights” is still foreign to many men who think that a woman’s place is beneath that of a man and consequently deserve to be abused and denied an education. Globally, 1 in 3 women will be physically or sexually assaulted by men in their lifetime, these statistics are a black mark and a shame on the male gender. The violence against women has a variety of causes, but one thing is clear it needs to STOP! Women make up half the worlds population and give birth to the other half, consequently every male on the planet owes his life to a female, so why the oppression, violation and denial of human rights? There is no simple answer, but the place a solution needs to start is with the education of men. Men should be taught by other men that it is shameful to treat women in an abusive and degrading way, and anything done against another person without their consent is considered a violation of their human rights, even in marriage. There is never, ever any excuse or justification for any man to ever raise a hand against a woman except in self defense, yet the violence continues and the majority of men who have a voice to speak remain silent. For women to heal, and to thrive in this world, gender based violence must be stopped, and women must be given full human rights in all areas of life. A woman’s body belongs to herself and no one else.

    In honor of Malala, Jyoti Singh Pandey, and all the women who have suffered violence, or lost their lives because of being a female, I would like to proclaim 2013 to be The Year of the Woman. What greater tribute could be given to all the women of history, then to declare to the men of the world that a year is being dedicated to acknowledging women as equals? If every woman stands up along side the men they love who are their equals and together they declare the equal rights of all humans, the world would change overnight. The world needs to wake up to the fact that women and girls are not the problem, they are the solution!

    On February 14, 2013 a worldwide event is going to take place called One Billion Rising. On this day women from all over the world will rise up and dance to bring attention to the fact that 1 in 3 women suffer abuse at the hands of men, which means one billion women experience some form of violence because of their gender. There is hope, but every woman needs to rise up and make her voice heard, to break the chain of violence.



    2013: Year of the Woman
    Last edited by Rose; 01-15-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313

    Eve Enslers newest Monologue

    Eve Ensler is the organizer and founder of the world wide event called One Billion Rising, here is her latest monologue.

    RISING
    Written in Kerala for the women of India who lead the way

    This could have been anywhere
    And was
    Mexico City
    Manila
    Mumbai
    Manhattan
    Nighttime men
    waiting
    like wolves
    Drooling
    for prey
    behind
    that single dimly painted door
    paying nothing
    a couple of dollars
    or euros
    rubies
    or pesos
    to have her
    Enter her
    Eat her
    Devour her
    and throw away her bones.

    This could have been anywhere
    And was
    A Buddhist nun on a bus
    Trying to stay dry for the night
    A woman leader speaking out against
    The repressive government
    A young woman traveling with her boyfriend
    One lost her voice
    The other her following
    The last one her life
    This could have been anywhere and was
    Pink wooden crosses
    A stack of stones
    Red wilting carnations
    Empty chairs in a square
    Ribbons flying in a sultry wind
    I ask Anna Nighat Kamla Monique Tanisha Emily
    Why Why
    Porque Eran Mujeres
    Parce qu'elles étaient des femmes
    Because they were women
    Because they were women
    This could have been anywhere
    And was
    Where she got fired for being too beautiful
    Fined for drinking after she was raped
    A serious offer to marry her rapist
    Got told it was legitimate but not forcible
    This could have been anywhere
    They do such a thing
    When the girls go for fire wood
    Step into the lonely man’s car
    Drink a little too much at the college party
    Wake up with her uncle’s fingers inside
    Run from the screaming machete and guns
    Be taken at sunrise
    Get a bullet in the brain for learning the alphabet
    Be stoned for falling in love
    Be burned for seeing the future

    I am done
    Cataloguing these horrors
    Data Porn
    2 million women raped and tortured
    1 out of 3 women
    a woman raped every minute
    every second
    one out of 2
    one out of 5
    the same
    one
    one
    one
    I am done counting
    And recounting
    Its time to tell a new story
    It needs to be our story
    It needs to be outrageous and unexpected
    It needs to lose control in the middle
    It needs to be sexy and in our hips
    And our feet
    It needs to be angry and a little scary the way storms can be scary
    It needs to not ask permission
    Or get permits or set up offices
    Or make salaries
    It wont be recorded or bought or sold
    Or counted
    It needs to just happen
    It is not a question of inventing
    But remembering
    Buried under the leaves of trauma and sorrow
    Beneath the river of
    semen and squalor
    vaginas and labias
    shredded and extracted
    stolen
    body mines
    mined bodies
    It is not about asking now
    Or waiting
    It is about rising

    Raise you arm my sister my brother
    Raise your one
    Billion
    Your one heart
    Your one of us
    I used to be afraid of love
    It hurt too much
    What never happened
    What got ripped away
    The rape
    The wound
    And love
    I thought
    was salt
    But I was wrong
    I was wrong
    Step into the fire
    Raise your arm
    Raise your one
    Billion
    One
    One
    One
    Rising.
    Rising.
    Rising.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313

    A Reflection: A Dance, A Prayer and A Promise to Keep

    February 14, 2013 will be a day dedicated to the protection of woman and girls from violence, One Billion Rising.

    A Reflection: A Dance, A Prayer and A Promise to Keep

    By Carol Bebelle



    It is so very interesting how we human beings handle uncomfortable truth. We forget. We prevent our combined knowledge from informing us of things too uncomfortable to consider. We take the edge off a hellacious day by collapsing into a drugged state or a hard-worked, bone-tired coma sleep. We keep busy. We look the other way. We misunderstand our intuition about these frightening things.

    All of this contortion and confusion in pursuit of a desired peace-of-mind and a concession to things we feel we can't control — things that are often too terrible to give life to in words, thoughts, or dreams.

    And then, a woman from New York — slight in stature, giant in reputation and accomplishment — named Eve Ensler walked on a stage in a New Orleans sports arena and asked the audience gathered to do two things. She introduced herself and asked: 1) “All of you who are personally victims of violence, please stand.” An unexpected number of silhouettes rose to be counted. I felt my heart pounding in anxiety and my eyes widening in surprise.

    Then she asked, 2) "Those of you who know women who are or have been victims of violence, please stand." The rest of the arena, including me, in one rustling move seemed to rise to join the first group of those willing to take their place, their number in a sisterhood too large for our minds to embrace.

    It was then that I knew that my convenient amnesia was cured. My unfocused nudges of instinct and vague pieces of stories had stumbled into an interpretation and big-picture truth that was hard to ignore and harder still to deny. I was face-to-face with a truth. Women were in danger everywhere in the world. No family, politics, government or religion was able, maybe even willing, to make the danger cease.

    There we all stood, over 25,000 from around the world, who were rising, giving a living testimony of the urgent epidemic of violence against women across the planet. How could this be? How could we be so lethargic? How could we be so inactive and blasé—blasé about such a critical matter?

    Answers to these questions would take books to explain. Said simply, it is because one half of the world believed that their suffering was deserved, acceptable or survivable, while the other half has, without the influence of torture or extreme distress, colluded with and normalized this terribly big lie which protects this awfully monstrous atrocity.

    I could have known better years sooner though, if I'd let myself, because I work with Mama Gwen Richardson, a New Orleans woman warrior who tirelessly assists, coaches, advocates, and submits herself to the distressing task of hearing the stories of others’ misery and violation. She bears these sorrows and allows herself to be a contribution to the ending of this epidemic and the healing of those violated and wounded by this vicious cycle.

    The work sometimes takes her joy. It sometimes casts a shadow over her life. But she knows that her burden, however heavy on whatever day, pales by comparison to the burden of rape, domestic violence, or torture. Gwen is one in a legion of women and men around the world who are choosing to be uncomfortable in their lives so that others can be reclaimed from hell and healed from the time and the wounds they sustained there.

    The rest of us must make up our minds. Will we continue the personal deceptions? Will we continue to look away? Will we continue to normalize and trivialize abnormal, horrific, dysfunctional behavior, or will we take the opportunity to take a stand, each of us,to purge the world of this monstrous indignity to humanity—especially womankind.

    V-Day is offering us such an opportunity. With One Billion Rising, like-minded and hearted people all around the world are agreeing to Strike, Dance and Rise! We are stepping out of our everyday worlds and shutting out everything else, as we dedicate a day to the protection of women and girls everywhere. In solidarity with them, we join millions to celebrate freedom, through dance, and to rise against the benign neglect and quiet acceptance of an intolerable atrocity too big to ignore.

    On February 14, 2013, will you step out of your life and into the rising movement to end violence against women? Shut down the usual and join the unusual energy of liberating dance. Dance to your heart's content and dance till the sweat of your brow and the sound of your breath become a rising energy of spirit, love, solidarity, blessing and mantra that say to women and girls everywhere:

    You are not alone,
    We are with you.
    We will make space for you
    And time for you to heal there.
    We will turn our laughter into prayers for you
    Our contentment will be framed by your malcontent and suffering.
    Our very breath will be a fluttering reminder that we and you are both committed to making life a good journey for all women and girls around the world.

    Dear mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, lovers, grandmothers, aunties, nanas, nieces, and friends, we make this covenant for you and with you from a place of deep and abiding love sealed with a sacred and deep soul kiss.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    February 14, 2013 will be a day dedicated to the protection of woman and girls from violence, One Billion Rising.

    A Reflection: A Dance, A Prayer and A Promise to Keep

    By Carol Bebelle



    We will turn our laughter into prayers for you
    Hello Rose
    I guess you think that prayers will be a waste of time. What we should pray for above all else as Jesus taught was the priority is for God's kingdom to come and when man's self rule not based on the requirements of God, will come to an end. We need Jesus to come back and rule in righteousness, because man left to carry on as he is doing is not going to bring the results you would like.

    God will answer prayer, but prayers have to be asked in the right way (James 5:16); The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. What is effectual and is God going to listen to the unrighteous? While dealing with a person's physical needs, it is important we bring those we can into a relationship with God by which they will be saved. I guess you cannot do that anymore.

    All the best

    David

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Rose
    I guess you think that prayers will be a waste of time. What we should pray for above all else as Jesus taught was the priority is for God's kingdom to come and when man's self rule not based on the requirements of God, will come to an end. We need Jesus to come back and rule in righteousness, because man left to carry on as he is doing is not going to bring the results you would like.
    Hi David,
    Prayers have many meanings depending on the context and ones religious background; it can mean to be in a state of prayerful meditation, or to keep someone in your thoughts and wish for their well being. Prayer is a universal language.

    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    God will answer prayer, but prayers have to be asked in the right way (James 5:16); The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. What is effectual and is God going to listen to the unrighteous? While dealing with a person's physical needs, it is important we bring those we can into a relationship with God by which they will be saved. I guess you cannot do that anymore.

    All the best

    David
    So are you saying that of the one billion (1 in 3) women worldwide who have suffered violence at the hands of men, none of them asked god in the right way to stop the violence? None of those one billion women were righteous enough for god to listen to their cries for help, so he just stood by an watched.

    Take care,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hi David,
    Prayers have many meanings depending on the context and ones religious background; it can mean to be in a state of prayerful meditation, or to keep someone in your thoughts and wish for their well being. Prayer is a universal language.
    I am not sure that prayer is a universal language but since you raise the point, there are things in communication that are universal across languages. Fora example, expressions of the face convey our emotions. A smile, a scowl, a laugh, to cry, and so on are ways we communicate our feelings and emotions.

    In connection with prayer, i am reminded what the Apostle Paul writes (Romans 8:26);Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
    It would seem that in prayer, our feelings are very important and our feelings/emotions might be what we are to understand by the word "groanings". The other way to understanding how prayer operates is that the Holy Spirit in whatever way that spirit operates is translated into a language which Paul describes as "groanings" and is the language in which our prayers are presented to God. I am interested to hear what others think about what we should understand from Paul's words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    So are you saying that of the one billion (1 in 3) women worldwide who have suffered violence at the hands of men, none of them asked god in the right way to stop the violence? None of those one billion women were righteous enough for god to listen to their cries for help, so he just stood by an watched.
    I am not making such a conclusion. The Bible gives us statements to make us think. The subject of prayer is a topic we can discuss on its own. What is the use of prayer if prayers are offered to idols or gods which do not exist. Only prayer to a God who can act on our prayers seems to make sense. Unless prayer has some influence by telepathic means, then prayer might have the same force as faith. I think that "faith" has an innate positive power by which a person can get well for example and faith does not necessarily mean faith is God-based.

    I am sure that amongst the one billion women on the planet there will be some who are righteous and whose prayers will be answered. Unless we know of specific examples we can cite, we have no evidence one way or the other. The verse I quoted has to speak for itself and it will require us to have a spiritually inclined mind to understand the message. I do not expect anyone who is skeptical or does not believe one word of God to see any value in anything written in the Bible and the verse I quoted will have no meaning to anyone who does not believe the Bible.

    The fact that most people are not righteous gives me a reason why God does not answer the prayers of most people. Even a righteous person who prays does not have their prayers answered if prayers are not presented in a way acceptable to God. This is why the Lord's prayer is a model prayer to give us some guidance as to how we should structure a prayer and what might be considered to be the essential ingredients of a prayer. We might have a specific cause for which to pray, but that should not exclude praying to God without giving due reverence and thanks. For example, Jesus said; "hallowed be Thy name" and this was said at the beginning making this the foremost priority when praying. Why should we expect God to answer our prayer if we do not give Him the respect that is due? Why should God answer prayer of people who do not believe in Him. Why should God answer prayer of people who have little faith?

    In the same way as we are to worship God "in spirit and in truth" (John 4:23) in the same way, we should come to God in prayer. There is much more to say, but that can be left to another time. If we believe in God, we should think about the way we pray and whether we pray aright. I do agree that prayer can be like a meditation and where Micah likens our life to "walking with God", then our prayers can be in the form of constant conversation with God . If we liken our journey in life as walking with God, that alone must say something about how we regard God and the relationship we have with Him.

    All the best

    David

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    I am sure that amongst the one billion women on the planet there will be some who are righteous and whose prayers will be answered. Unless we know of specific examples we can cite, we have no evidence one way or the other. The verse I quoted has to speak for itself and it will require us to have a spiritually inclined mind to understand the message. I do not expect anyone who is skeptical or does not believe one word of God to see any value in anything written in the Bible and the verse I quoted will have no meaning to anyone who does not believe the Bible.
    Hi David,
    The reason the number one billion is used is because world wide it is estimated that one in three women will be abused by men in their lifetime, with half the world population being women (three and a half billion) the figure one billion is arrived at. You say that probably some of those one billion women will get their prayers answered, but that is false because every one of those one billion women has been abused which shows that NONE of their prayers were answered.
    One billion abuses and one billion prayers equals no answered prayers.

    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    The fact that most people are not righteous gives me a reason why God does not answer the prayers of most people. Even a righteous person who prays does not have their prayers answered if prayers are not presented in a way acceptable to God. This is why the Lord's prayer is a model prayer to give us some guidance as to how we should structure a prayer and what might be considered to be the essential ingredients of a prayer. We might have a specific cause for which to pray, but that should not exclude praying to God without giving due reverence and thanks. For example, Jesus said; "hallowed be Thy name" and this was said at the beginning making this the foremost priority when praying. Why should we expect God to answer our prayer if we do not give Him the respect that is due? Why should God answer prayer of people who do not believe in Him. Why should God answer prayer of people who have little faith?

    In the same way as we are to worship God "in spirit and in truth" (John 4:23) in the same way, we should come to God in prayer. There is much more to say, but that can be left to another time. If we believe in God, we should think about the way we pray and whether we pray aright. I do agree that prayer can be like a meditation and where Micah likens our life to "walking with God", then our prayers can be in the form of constant conversation with God . If we liken our journey in life as walking with God, that alone must say something about how we regard God and the relationship we have with Him.

    All the best

    David
    Even if I granted you the reason that most people don't get their prayers answered is because of unrighteousness, what about all the children of the world who are suffering with disease and hunger and their innocent cries are only to be healthy and fed. Jesus said that anyone who harms one of these little ones should be thrown into the sea and drown, so by god not answering their prayers he is harming them...

    As for giving god his due reverence and thanks; if your prayers aren't answered why give thanks?

    Take care,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Hello Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hi David,
    The reason the number one billion is used is because world wide it is estimated that one in three women will be abused by men in their lifetime, with half the world population being women (three and a half billion) the figure one billion is arrived at. You say that probably some of those one billion women will get their prayers answered, but that is false because every one of those one billion women has been abused which shows that NONE of their prayers were answered.
    One billion abuses and one billion prayers equals no answered prayers.
    When I said some, that might in fact be very few, and it would be wrong of you to say that none of those women's prayers were answered unless you could speak to everyone of them and find out.
    I cannot limit God by confining Him to my own thinking, yet I have to try and give you an answer as best as I am able. Why should God be expected to help anyone who does not give thought, and respect to Him. We all benefit from His sustaining power knowing that at anytime God has the power to destroy this earth and everything on it. God does not have to do that for man is doing quite a good job on his own and could speed things along by exploding all the nuclear bombs that have been stockpiled. We ought to be glad that God has said he will not let the earth be destroyed and will destroy (eventually) those who are destroying the earth.
    It is a fact that very few people (compared to the 3.5 billion living) give thought to God. As for innocent children, I do not limit God to resurrect children to be in His kingdom. I could use that argument to get over any difficulty in explaining why innocent children might not be saved. Innocence is the same as not knowing the law or being held accountable to the law. God is selecting for Himself a people who are faithful and come to Him in spirit and in truth. We have to ask ourselves the question and be able to give the correct answers. For example, do innocent children know God? Do they have faith? Do they know what the truth is? When you do not know what you do not know, you cannot possibly miss what you do not know about. Therefore will anyone miss having eternal life if they do not know about it? When you have honestly answered these types of questions, you might have your answer and understand things from God's perspective and not from the human perspective.
    If someone goes through life with no thought to God or doing what He requires and not giving Him honor for the life they have, why should God answer their prayer in times of difficulty it they suddenly pray as a last resort? I am reminded of the fifth and last verse of the following poem:

    (Poem #69) There is no god, the wicked sayeth

    "There is no God," the wicked saith,
    "And truly it's a blessing,
    For what He might have done with us
    It's better only guessing."

    "There is no God," a youngster thinks,
    "or really, if there may be,
    He surely did not mean a man
    Always to be a baby."

    "There is no God, or if there is,"
    The tradesman thinks, "'twere funny
    If He should take it ill in me
    To make a little money."

    "Whether there be," the rich man says,
    "It matters very little,
    For I and mine, thank somebody,
    Are not in want of victual."

    Some others, also, to themselves,
    Who scarce so much as doubt it,
    Think there is none, when they are well,
    And do not think about it.


    But country folks who live beneath
    The shadow of the steeple;
    The parson and the parson's wife,
    And mostly married people;

    Youths green and happy in first love,
    So thankful for illusion;
    And men caught out in what the world
    Calls guilt, in first confusion;

    And almost everyone when age,
    Disease, or sorrows strike him,
    Inclines to think there is a God,
    Or something very like Him.


    -- Arthur Hugh Clough
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Even if I granted you the reason that most people don't get their prayers answered is because of unrighteousness, what about all the children of the world who are suffering with disease and hunger and their innocent cries are only to be healthy and fed. Jesus said that anyone who harms one of these little ones should be thrown into the sea and drown, so by god not answering their prayers he is harming them..
    .
    Is not God harming the children, it is man who is harming these children. It is because nations and societies are not helping each other as they have the means to. I know there are those charitable organizations which are doing good works and this is a fraction of what needs to be done. Under man's rule and with all the conflicts that take place as a result of man's rule, it is man to blame. God has said that He will not let this continue and sadly it is only a few people who know what God is saying and who believe Him and His promises for the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    As for giving god his due reverence and thanks; if your prayers aren't answered why give thanks?
    As I have already said, we can thank God for the life we have and above this we can give God thanks for the eternal life He is offering us. It is possible to give God thanks long before you have need to call on God to answer our prayer.

    I think it is important we ask God aright and putting our own requirements last is where our own priority should lie. Our prayers should be for the good of others and not for ourselves only and in anything we ask of God it should be asked with the proviso; "God Willing". Since God knows the true circumstances and the intents of people's hearts, we should pray more for other people than ourselves and requesting God to bless them and give them an answer of peace to that which they have need. When a person is old and at the end of life, it is futile to expect God to restore them to full health and strength and expect them to recover. It is best to ask God to spare that person pain and suffering and grant them their wishes and be relieved of pain and suffering, even if that means a quick death.
    As for abused women, you would do better to pray for a woman you know is abused and who God can help. If you are righteous, then your prayers can be expected to be acted on more than the woman who might only pray out of desperation. Maybe, if the woman vows to serve God if he answers her prayer and God knows the woman will do what she says, then He will answer her prayer. These are the things we do not know about a person and God does. You expect God to act first when you have not shown that a person is worth having their prayers to an unknown God and who in God's sight are not worth saving. How can you know better than God, when God can read people's minds and know their heart, when you cannot?

    Think about Proverbs 3:5 and apply it Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

    All the best

    David
    Last edited by David M; 01-19-2013 at 06:38 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Rose


    When I said some, that might in fact be very few, and it would be wrong of you to say that none of those women's prayers were answered unless you could speak to everyone of them and find out.
    Hello David,
    I can be certain that every woman who has been abused did not get her prayers answered because no one wants to be abused.



    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Is not God harming the children, it is man who is harming these children. It is because nations and societies are not helping each other as they have the means to. I know there are those charitable organizations which are doing good works and this is a fraction of what needs to be done. Under man's rule and with all the conflicts that take place as a result of man's rule, it is man to blame. God has said that He will not let this continue and sadly it is only a few people who know what God is saying and who believe Him and His promises for the future.
    It is not man who causes children to be born with birth defects or sickness and disease, neither does he cause starvation because of lack of food due to famines. If god could help these children yet does nothing then he is to blame, just as you say societies are to blame for not helping each other.


    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    As for abused women, you would do better to pray for a woman you know is abused and who God can help. If you are righteous, then your prayers can be expected to be acted on more than the woman who might only pray out of desperation. Maybe, if the woman vows to serve God if he answers her prayer and God knows the woman will do what she says, then He will answer her prayer. These are the things we do not know about a person and God does. You expect God to act first when you have not shown that a person is worth having their prayers to an unknown God and who in God's sight are not worth saving. How can you know better than God, when God can read people's minds and know their heart, when you cannot?

    Think about Proverbs 3:5 and apply it Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

    All the best

    David
    What good would it do for me to pray and ask god to help an abused woman when she herself gets no answer? You make your god sound like a petty, arrogant tyrant who will only answer the prayers of those who vow to serve him.

    Take care,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Hello Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hello David,
    What good would it do for me to pray and ask god to help an abused woman when she herself gets no answer?
    Under the present circumstance in which your faith in God is dead, then there does not seem to be much point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    You make your god sound like a petty, arrogant tyrant who will only answer the prayers of those who vow to serve him.
    God will answer those who pray in faith and in sincerity and in truth to Him. That is not arrogant. That is the requirement of God. Why should man expect God to lower His standards? Man has been told what the standards are and it is man's fault if he does not comply.

    God has told man what God hates and what is an abomination to Him so if a person wants to continue to do abominable acts, then they reap the results of their abominable acts and the judgment of God also.


    God works to the highest standard to which everyone (except Jesus) fails to meet. That is why the sacrifice of Jesus was necessary to cover the imperfection of those who are righteous but not perfect.

    Righteousness is the key to understanding the requirements of God and the way in which God judges. I will have more to say in another thread as righteousness is the key to understanding the morality of humans and of God. I have been looking at this subject this morning and can see that the greatest perfection possible is to lead a life which is totally righteous. Even if we cannot attain that, the intention and the constant trying will lead to a better society than we have at present.

    All the best

    David

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •