Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Here is an awesome poster I found, created by zenpencils.com ... declaring what every person living in the 21st century should know!
    The poster is good to lay out in an easy to read way a summary of human rights. I cannot agree to all he human rights as they are written on this poster.

For example, I get the impression this is telling us we are entitled to sponge of a "nanny" state and expect the government to provide for us.

One more thing that does not seem right to me is; for cultures to infiltrate another country and then for those cultures to have the right to be given government support. OK, so some cultures are benign, but what of cultures whose practices are not acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    The poster is good to lay out in an easy to read way a summary of human rights. I cannot agree to all he human rights as they are written on this poster.

For example, I get the impression this is telling us we are entitled to sponge off a "nanny" state and expect the government to provide for us.

One more thing that does not seem right to me is; for cultures to infiltrate another country and then for those cultures to have the right to be given government support. OK, so some cultures are benign, but what of cultures whose practices are not acceptable?
    Hello David

I'm not really sure how you come up with the "Nanny" state thing? After all, it is people who make up governments, which are supposed to make sure that all people are treated fairly and justly.

The U.D.H.R. was written up by representatives from the many countries that make up United Nations. Its goal is to declare the equality of all human beings on the planet and the right to freely choose how they wish to live their lives ... which is far different from the biased and unjust laws written in the Bible.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Not from this world...from the other side
    Here is an awesome poster I found, created by zenpencils.com ... declaring what every person living in the 21st century should know!

All Humans are born free and equal, and equal means having the same rights!

Attachment 1184
    Unfortunately, Rose don't believe in UDHR in the equal rights to the freedom to believe in religion because she want us all to throw away the Bible and be atheists. Brilliant!

God Blessed.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Unfortunately, Rose don't believe in UDHR in the equal rights to the freedom to believe in religion because she want us all to throw away the Bible and be atheists. Brilliant!

God Blessed.
    You are breaking the 9th commandment by bearing false witness against me. Shame, shame

I am in total support of individuals practicing any religion they wish, just as long as they don't try and impose their beliefs on others. I don't want you to throw away your Bible, or become an atheist. What I want, is for you to open your eyes to the immoralities and human rights violations promoted in the Bible. Once you realize that the book you think is inspired by god, is no more than a record of human history, and the myths of superstitious primitive men, you will become an atheist all on your own.

All Humans are born free and equal, and equal means having the same rights!

Attachment 1184
    Rose don't seems to understand that UDHR is related to Maslow's hierarchy of needs. UDHR is a higher or passive needs which means the lower needs of safety, physiology ect. must be met first before the higher needs can be met. As such it is humanly impossible to reach equal human rights as stated in the UDHR unless the lower needs are met. Further more , as I have listed in my previous posts, there are many obstacles to making UDHR a reality. See this article on Human rights and Maslow's hierarchy of needs:

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, signed into life by UN General Assembly on 10 December 1948, just five years after the Maslow’s publication of “A Theory of Human Motivation”, echoes the work via a set of Articles stating the rights of every human being.

Physiological Needs

Article 25 of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that everyone is entitled to the right of adequate food (and presumably water is included), housing and clothing (for homeostasis control), and medical care. The right to medical care implies to me the right to live healthy, or at least healthy to the best of ability of a particular individual.

This right to medical care as a universal right of all human beings can be interpreted to mean many things. For the purposes of the comparison to the Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, it could be interpreted as every human has the right to have their physiological needs met.

This could be very difficult — breathing can mean clean air and thus imply environment law limiting man-made pollutants. But how do we define clean? For individuals with asthma, air quality controls might need to be set quite high…

Maslow includes “excretion” as one of the physiological need, which could be interpreted as part of a set of employment rules — providing enough breaks for all workers to meet their sleep, nutrition, body function, even sexual needs. In fact, Article 24 of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights specifically addresses the rights of reasonable limitation of working hours and payed holidays.

Safety

Maslow’s Pyramid includes security of body, employment, resources, morality, the family, health (again), and property as forming the basis of the second foundation of human needs.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 3, states that “everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.” While Article 4 specifically address slavery: “No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.”

While not directly mentioned in Maslow’s Pyramid, torture and cruel and inhuman treatment from others are clearly in violation of both Physiological and Safety Needs. Article 5 specifically deals with this: “No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.” While Article 9 addresses arbitrary detention and exile.

Article 17, states that everyone has the right to own property which can’t be arbitrarily taken away.

Article 16 protects human rights in relation to having family and provides for equal protection as to marriage, entered with full consent of both parties involved.

Article 23 deals with the rights to work and having free choice of employment, as well as equal pay for equal work and right to form unions. Obviously, there are geographical considerations — different economies value similar work of a different pay scale (thus we are able to import goods from countries that have cheap labor…). The “choice” of employment is also culturally and geographically determined. But Maslow’s Pyramid only provides that a person needs employment…

Article 25 also provides for state assistance in event of “unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.”

Love/belonging

Friendship, family, and sexual intimacy form the third foundation of Maslow’s Pyramid of Hierarchy of Human Needs.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights provides for friendship, family, and sexual intimacy via instituting equal rights under the law, Articles 6 and 7; via protection from “arbitrary interference”, Article 12; and via right to a nationality, Article 15.

Friendships and families need equal protection under the law clauses to form and blossom, for friendship can only form among equals. Protections from “arbitrary interference” also provide for freedom to choose personal associations. And the right to nationality provides for group belonging.

Esteem

Abraham Maslow defines Esteem as self-esteem, confidence, achievement, respect of others, and respect by others. While many of the Articles of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights discussed so far are necessary for Esteem, a few address this need by providing for educational opportunities. Article 26 covers the human right to education.

I believe self-esteem, confidence, achievement, and respect of and by others is a direct outcome attaining full educational potential. This is clearly a very difficult goal to achieve.

Self-actualization

The top of the Maslow’s Pyramid is composed of self-actualization defined by morality, creativity, spontaneity, problem solving, lack of prejudice, and acceptance of facts. Access to education clearly plays a huge role in self-actualization. But The Universal Declaration of Human Rights goes even farther.

Article 27 provides for the right “to freely participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits”; as well as the right to “the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.” This is an amazing clause of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Article 28 stipulates a world where all of the rights outlined in The Universal Declaration of Human Rights are possible: “everyone is entitled to a social and international order in which the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration can be fully realized.”

And finally Article 29 outlines the duties of individuals to their communities.

Human Needs versus Human Rights

Abraham Maslow created a hierarchical set of human needs — self-actualization and esteem require that a person’s physiological needs and safety be met first. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights is a collection of human rights. These rights not only spell out that the basic needs of individuals have to be met, but also go farther to guarantee some of the higher needs, like desire for love, family, and personal achievement.

Are the rights outlined by The Universal Declaration of Human Rights passive or active rights? Dr. Jacques Steyn gave a very good explanation of the difference during his 2011 talk on ICT & Human Rights: passive rights are aspirational — this is what we all hope to achieve someday; active rights are prescriptive — violations needs to be address by the world’s community.

By looking at Maslow’s hierarchical pyramid of needs, it’s clear that some needs/rights have to be active — right to food and water, to medical care, to shelter, freedom from torture… But other rights in The Universal Declaration of Human Rights seem to be more passive — right to education and self-furfilment. We hope that everyone has all of the rights, but we as a world community have to take some responsibility for insuring that the basic needs, the active rights, are met for all.

Health and the surrounding needs (access to medicine and food & water and safe environment) is clearly one of the active rights.
    http://www.interfaces.com/blog/2013/...rchy-of-needs/

God Bless/
    Seek and You shall find,

You are breaking the 9th commandment by bearing false witness against me. Shame, shame

I am in total support of individuals practicing any religion they wish, just as long as they don't try and impose their beliefs on others. I don't want you to throw away your Bible, or become an atheist. What I want, is for you to open your eyes to the immoralities and human rights violations promoted in the Bible. Once you realize that the book you think is inspired by god, is no more than a record of human history, and the myths of superstitious primitive men, you will become an atheist all on your own.
    Then don't tell us to throw away our Bibles.

Shame on you also breaking the 9th commandment by bearing false witness against me. Shame, shame

i am not against equal human rights but that equal human rights mean equal opportunities for everyone to work as a team for the common goods using their own abilities and individual make up. Just like in a company, there must be a director, managers, supervisors, workers if not the company cannot be sustained supposedly if everyone in the company are managers and no workers. Such inequalities in power and responsibilities must exist in order for the company and the society to be viable.

I also believe that equal human rights as stated in the UDHR is humanly impossible due to the insurmountable obstacles and the need to meet our basic needs first , therefore we should spend our time more productively by making small achievable advances first whilst waiting for a more intelligent and powerful force we call God to intervene and make equal human rights a reality.

I hope I have made myself clear.

God Bless.
    Seek and You shall find,

Then don't tell us to throw away our Bibles.

Shame on you also breaking the 9th commandment by bearing false witness against me. Shame, shame
    Show me where I have born false witness against you, or else you have broken the 9th commandment again!

i am not against equal human rights but that equal human rights mean equal opportunities for everyone to work as a team for the common goods using their own abilities and individual make up. Just like in a company, there must be a director, managers, supervisors, workers if not the company cannot be sustained supposedly if everyone in the company are managers and no workers. Such inequalities in power and responsibilities must exist in order for the company and the society to be viable.
    If you are not against equal human rights, why do you support the biblical laws that violate peoples human rights, especially women's human rights?

I also believe that equal human rights as stated in the UDHR is humanly impossible due to the insurmountable obstacles and the need to meet our basic needs first , therefore we should spend our time more productively by making small achievable advances first whilst waiting for a more intelligent and powerful force we call God to intervene and make equal human rights a reality.

I hope I have made myself clear.

God Bless.
    It doesn't matter if you think it is impossible, what matters is acknowledging that everyone is entitled to equal human rights, which the Bible denies.

[QUOTE]
    Show me where I have born false witness against you, or else you have broken the 9th commandment again!
    You accused me of not supporting human rights! I support equal human rights means equal opportunities i.e. meritocracy using each abilities and make up working harmoniously together for good common goals. Jesus said that if you want to be great, you must serve meaning work hard and humbly for it.

Luke 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

If you are not against equal human rights, why do you support the biblical laws that violate peoples human rights, especially women's human rights?
    I have said hundred and one time that there is no biblical laws that violates human rights. Why only women's human rights?.....don't you also bother about men's human rights or do you think men don't deserve human rights? And you call yourself a fighter for equal human rights? BS! Everyone has a human right to believe what he thinks is right; and you have no bloody right to tell us to throw away our Bible and religion. We know God's character unlike you; we know that everything that God did even if it seems atrocious and unfair is for the moral law for the greater good in which He ensures that good will triumphed over evil. You concept of God is as primitive as the belief of primitive men. Wake up and live in the 21st century!

It doesn't matter if you think it is impossible, what matters is acknowledging that everyone is entitled to equal human rights, which the Bible denies.
    It matters, why waste your time and effort fighting an impossible elusive dream? Everyone has a human right to believe what he believes....or are you also asking us to throw away that right?.....Equal human right means equal opportunity to live and work harmoniously together using our differences. Variety is the spice of life.

I have said that Maslow's hierarchy of needs is related to equal human rights. If the basic needs are not adwquately met, then equal human rights is just a dream. And that is exactly what Jesus said in the Beatitudes and it is all about satisfying the basic needs first in order to satisfy the higher needs or aspirations:

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. - safety

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. - security and/or physiological

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. - safety

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled - physiological/belonging

7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. - belonging

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.- belonging

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. - safety

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. - safety

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. - safety

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Maslow Hierarchy of Needs:

God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 06-23-2014 at 11:27 AM.
    Seek and You shall find,

You accused me of not supporting human rights! I support equal human rights means equal opportunities i.e. meritocracy using each abilities and make up working harmoniously together for good common goals. Jesus said that if you want to be great, you must serve meaning work hard and humbly for it.
    I dare you to say "All people are entitled to equal human rights" without using your meritocracy definition. If you do state in writing that you believe all people are entitled to equal human rights, you will then have to explain to me how you can support the gender-biased laws in the Bible that violate peoples equal human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I have said hundred and one time that there is no biblical laws that violates human rights. Why only women's human rights?.....don't you also bother about men's human rights or do you think men don't deserve human rights? And you call yourself a fighter for equal human rights? BS! Everyone has a human right to believe what he thinks is right; and you have no bloody right to tell us to throw away our Bible and religion. We know God's character unlike you; we know that everything that God did even if it seems atrocious and unfair is for the moral law for the greater good in which He ensures that good will triumphed over evil. You concept of God is as primitive as the belief of primitive men. Wake up and live in the 21st century!
    You can say it a million times if you want, but that does not make it so! Either you don't understand what equal human rights means, or you have not read your Bible. There is no way you can say that a law that entitles a man to take a woman captive and force her to marry him is not violating that woman's human rights.
    Deuteronomy 21:10-11 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, 11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;

Unlike you who supports the gender-biased laws of the Bible, I think ALL people are entitled to equal human rights. If you will take note that I said, is it is especially women who suffer from human rights violations in the Bible.

It matters, why waste your time and effort fighting an impossible elusive dream? Everyone has a human right to believe what he believes....or are you also asking us to throw away that right?.....Equal human right means equal opportunity to live and work harmoniously together using our differences. Variety is the spice of life.

I have said that Maslow's hierarchy of needs is related to equal human rights. If the basic needs are not adwquately met, then equal human rights is just a dream. And that is exactly what Jesus said in the Beatitudes and it is all about satisfying the basic needs first in order to satisfy the higher needs or aspirations:
    I'm sorry you feel it is a waste of time to fight for equal human rights. I know I am grateful for all the women and men who fought for women's equality in areas like voting and being able to get an education and marrying the person we choose. If it was left up to men like you, women would still be denied the right to vote and to get and education.

Equal human rights means every person is entitled to equality when it comes to their rights as a human ... it's as simple as that. It's not a matter of what people believe, it is a matter of what is true! All people share the quality of being human and as such are entitled to equal human rights.

ALL PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO EQUAL HUMAN RIGHTS ... Come on Cheow, see if you can say that!

Women's rights are human rights,
    Rose

Do biblical laws violate human rights?

The basic issue that is being discussed on this thread is whether or not biblical laws violate peoples human rights, especially those of women.

Cheow has stated that there are NO biblical laws that violate any human rights!

Quote Originally Posted by CHW
    I have said hundred and one time that there is no biblical laws that violates human rights.
    I have quoted verses from the Bible to him that "point blank" deny women equal human rights, yet Cheow continues to defend and justify those verses, or change the topic to something that is irrelevant to the biblical law being discussed.

The Bible either denies human rights or it doesn't ... it can't be both. Even if a person thinks that he comes up with valid reasons and justifications for slavery and giving captive women to their captors for wives, doesn't mean human rights were not violated! They most certainly were!

When a judge denies a person their human right of freedom by sending them to prison, it is because they committed a crime, when the Bible does it it is because the person was a woman. It is not the right of men to determine the rights of women, yet the Bible decrees that men should rule over women ... that is insane!

All humans are entitled to equal human rights,
    Rose

Thread Information