Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Fourth Day

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I'm sure you are altogether correct. The "something" being a willingness to believe things that have no basis in reality.
    Fundament is Hebrew "y'sod", mystery is "sod" --

That's why it is said: "The fundament is mystery".

Mark 4:10-12,
    And when he was alone, those present along with the Twelve questioned him about the parables. He answered them, “The mystery of the kingdom of God has been granted to you. But to those outside everything comes in parables, so that
    ‘they may look and see but not perceive, and hear and listen but not understand, in order that they may not be converted and be forgiven.

"those outside" - the rational sceptics.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post

And when he was alone, those present along with the Twelve questioned him about the parables. He answered them, “The mystery of the kingdom of God has been granted to you. But to those outside everything comes in parables, so that
    ‘they may look and see but not perceive, and hear and listen but not understand, in order that they may not be converted and be forgiven.

I've known about yesod and sod for decades.

So how do you distinguish between a nut case making up crap and someone with authentic insight into sod?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post

So how do you distinguish between a nut case making up crap and someone with authentic insight into sod?
    By means of my aqueduct = wet finger = mere guesswork

By the way, gematria of "sod" is 70, same as of "yayin", wine.

When Jesus took the cup and said:
    "“This is my blood of the covenant, which has been shed for many. "

What did He mean?

After Deuteromomy 8:8 wine belongs to the third day.
    Which is also the day of the mystery of the word "tov" being the 153rd word from the beginning.
    And it is over a cup of wine that the Sabbath is hallowed, in reciting the last part of Genesis 1:31 and the first three verses of Genesis 2, saying out loud: 'yom hashishi vay'chulu hashamayim"

And also on the third day (the day of the wine) He is said to be risen, which coincides:

Amen, I say to you, I shall not drink again the fruit of the vine until the day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”

Quote Originally Posted by jce View Post
    Hello Rose

From whence came the elements?

John
    Hello John,

The point of my article is not "from whence came the elements", but rather the order in which god created everything. To be scientifically correct Genesis should start by saying, "In the beginning god created the stars". Primitive minds could have understood the correct order just as well as they understood the incorrect order, and god in all his wisdom should have known that man would eventually figure out the correct order and prove his word to be wrong.

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Hi Rose,

Please note that there are two creations of lights mention in Genesis 1; one in Day 1 and the second in Day 4:
    From what we beiieve in in astronomy is that our galaxy, the Milky Way, was formed first before the stars and planets and moons. Thus the first light mentioned in Genesis 1 day 1 is likely the light from the centre of the galaxy which sustained the vegetations created in day 4.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
    Then comes the creation of the sun, planets and the moons to indicate time, seasons, days and years. They seems to be created at the same time.

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
    God created the sun and moon and the stars in the Milky Way as well to create light on earth; sun for the day and moon and stars for the night. The galactic light from the centre of our galaxy, the Milky should have subsided by then.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
    18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
    The sun and moon and stars were fixed in heaven like clockwork to provide light for day and night regularly.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
    There was rotation of the earth the 4th day.

The Milky Way galaxy is made of STARS that's why we can see it, and STARS were made on the fourth day, that was the whole point of my article. The writers of Genesis got the order WRONG! Don't you think that god in all his wisdom should have known that man would eventually discover the workings of the cosmos, showing the order in which the Bible declares that god created the universe is WRONG.

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius

By means of my aqueduct = wet finger = mere guesswork

By the way, gematria of "sod" is 70, same as of "yayin", wine.

When Jesus took the cup and said:
    "“This is my blood of the covenant, which has been shed for many. "

What did He mean?

After Deuteromomy 8:8 wine belongs to the third day.
    Which is also the day of the mystery of the word "tov" being the 153rd word from the beginning.
    And it is over a cup of wine that the Sabbath is hallowed, in reciting the last part of Genesis 1:31 and the first three verses of Genesis 2, saying out loud: 'yom hashishi vay'chulu hashamayim"

And also on the third day (the day of the wine) He is said to be risen, which coincides:

Amen, I say to you, I shall not drink again the fruit of the vine until the day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”
    You didn't answer my question.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Not from this world...from the other side
    Dude, the Milky Way is a galaxy. Galaxies are made of stars. It is absurd to say that the galaxy was "formed first before the stars."
    Of course, I know the Milky Way is a galaxy of stars. What I mean is that it is believed when the Milky Way is first formed, it was a collection of hydrogen gases. Such collection of gases formed fusion energy and it is this fusion energy that caused the formation of stars in the Milky Way and the bright light from the centre of the Milky Way.

How do you know that the "heavens usually means the universe"? Why do you make up stuff like that? The Hebrews had no concept of the universe or galaxies. At best, it would be the phrase "heavens and earth" that signify the "universe" but even that is quite questionable because the "earth" probably meant only the land that they were standing on.
    So how do you know what the concept of heaven is from the Hebrews' mind? They may not much knowledge of the heavens but not with God who formed the heavens who inspired them to write and they are describing it from the best with their limited vocabulary.

Dark matter? Are you insane? The Bible doesn't know anything about modern relativistic cosmology. Get serious.
    "
    Then how do you describe the meaning of the "Sprit of God was moving over the waters" and the "dark of the deep".
    God certainly have the knowledge of dark matter which we humans doesn't have a single clue. The Hebrews were just describing the knowledge that God gave them regarding cosmology to the best of their vocabulary.
    The Indians of the Amazon jungle described the radio when they first saw one as a "voice box", this is call neologism.

The "firmament" suggests that the Hebrews believed in the ancient cosmological mythology that was common to their time. I've explained this a million times. Here it is again:
    Your idea is just a convoluted rationalization to rationalize the meaning of firmament. Firmament is simply described by the Hebrews to mean a cover to contain something in their best vocabulary when inspired by God and to me it may mean gravity or some forces which holds our atmosphere and the solar system.

God Bless.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Thread Information