Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

The Hidden Reality

Brian Greene is interviewed by mathematician Amir Aczel on ideas about the origins of the universe.

Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Brian Greene is interviewed by mathematician Amir Aczel on ideas about the origins of the universe.

Hello Rose

I seem to remember this video was posted in another thread not too long ago. I did watch the video, so I have no need to watch it again which takes around 80 minutes. It is all very conjectural and anything beyond the four dimensions we see are our physical reality, does not really have any impact on our lives. The woman in her introduction referred to eleven more dimensions. Since I do not know what they are, does it really matter to me?

Why treat Brain Greene as a mathematical god? He is a fallible man, putting forward hypotheses that gullible people will take for real and is just adding more ingredients to what is already a soup that is not very edible and is being spoiled by too many cooks.

Mathematics is not a science but is fundamental to science to help understand and model scientific discoveries. Mathematics is only as good as the precision it brings to explaining science. I do not see that introducing more dimensions is helping us unless you can explain how it is helping us.

Simple mathematics is more we understand and the simplest number to understand is the number "1" The number one can represents the whole of everything we see and which exists. There is no more than ONE and everything else is a part or a fraction of the whole.

When God is "all and in all", that is one way we can think of God as being ONE ("1"). There is no more whole than God. Everything that exists has come from God and is thus part of God. The fact that the atoms that make up you and me have come from God is one way we are both part of God. The one defining element that might separate us is the "spirit of God" that is essentially what is in our mind. I will let others judge between us who has the spirit of God.

Believing the same as Paul believed, I will quote from the letter of Paul to the Corinthians in which he says (1Cor. 7:40); "I think also that I have the Spirit of God". Having the spirit of God is to have Wisdom that comes from God's word and on which to base our lives and the decisions we make that should be influenced by having Wisdom.

Wisdom is the key to unlocking the truth that is in the Bible which offers eternal life.

Proverbs 3
    13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
    14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
    15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
    16 Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
    17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
    18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.
    19 The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.
    20 By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.
    21 My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion:

All the best

David

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Rose

I seem to remember this video was posted in another thread not too long ago. I did watch the video, so I have no need to watch it again which takes around 80 minutes. It is all very conjectural and anything beyond the four dimensions we see are our physical reality, does not really have any impact on our lives. The woman in her introduction referred to eleven more dimensions. Since I do not know what they are, does it really matter to me?

Why treat Brain Greene as a mathematical god? He is a fallible man
    , putting forward hypotheses that gullible people will take for real and is just adding more ingredients to what is already a soup that is not very edible and is being spoiled by too many cooks.

All the best

David
    Hello David,

I don't recall anyone treating Brian Greene as a mathematical god as you say, he is just a physicist trying to discover how things work. He hasn't even completely ruled out that there could be some form of a creator behind the origins of the universe. As far as being a fallible man - you are right, he is - just like all the writers of the Bible were...fallible men writing down their ideas on how they thought the universe came to be, and giving their biased reasons as to why men should rule over women.

Take care,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Thread Information