Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Revelation 2:17 being kind of a key:

ὁ ἔχων οὖς ἀκουσάτω τί τὸ πνεῦμα λέγει ταῖς ἐκκλησίαις. τῷ νικῶντι δώσω αὐτῷ τοῦ μάννα τοῦ κεκρυμμένου, καὶ δώσω αὐτῷ ψῆφον λευκὴν καὶ ἐπὶ τὴν ψῆφον ὄνομα καινὸν γεγραμμένον ὃ οὐδεὶς οἶδεν εἰ μὴ ὁ λαμβάνων.

The one who has ears let him hear what the spirit says to the church, to the victorious one I will give him from the hidden manna and I will give hima white pebblestone and on the pebblestone written a new name that no one knows except for the one who receives it.

With the white pebblestone could be calculated the number of the beast ...

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    So the light being refracted must be the light of the first day, in Jewish tradition known as "or haganuz", the hidden light,. because God did immediately hide it so that evildoers could not make use of it.
    What are you talking about? The "refracted light" that makes a rainbow comes from the sun, that big bright thing you see every day in the sky.

BTW - it's nice that you uploaded an avatar pic! Makes you more human.

Which is also the light that God saw to be good. "vayar elohim et-haor ki-tov" (Genesis 1:4), the first time "tov" is mentioned (33rd word from the beginning)
    et-haaur = 613

The clue of it must be that evildoers can't see that God saw it to be good that the earth did bring forth "ets oseh pri" instead of "ets pri oseh pri".

Mystery of evil!
    I am constantly mystified by how you could invent an entire doctrinal system based on what is NOT written.

Without evil life would be boring, colorless.
    Very true. But there is no such "thing" as "evil" per se. That's just a word we use to describe things that are harmful, cruel, or whatever to finite mortal composite beings such as ourselves. Evil is not a "thing" that could be added or subtracted from reality. God did not, and could not, "create evil" as if it were a separable property of reality.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

note:
    φλὸξ πυρός = flame of fire,
    also in LXX Exodus 3:2,

ὤφθη δὲ αὐτῷ ἄγγελος κυρίου ἐν φλογὶ πυρὸς ἐκ τοῦ βάτου καὶ ὁρᾷ ὅτι ὁ βάτος καίεται πυρί ὁ δὲ βάτος οὐ κατεκαίετο

And the angel of the Lord appeared to hiim in a flame of fire from out of the bush and he saw that the bush burned and the bush was not consumed

Flame of fire, Hebrew "labbat esh", with the famous gematria of 733(= (7 x73) + (6 x37), wich structures the snowflake:

A closely related, and much more significant number, is the value of LOGOS (WORD) = 373 = 7 x 37 + 6 x 19

The pair of primes 19/37 is the third Hex/Star pair defined by the sequence 1/1, 7/13, 19/37, 37/73, etc.

And this, of course, is "of the snow" (mishshaleg) = 373 (Proverbs 31:21). I discuss this in my article The Logos Star.

Thus Genesis 1:1 reflects creation by the Word of John 1:1

Genesis 1:1 = 2701 = 37 x 73 ==> 373 (a coalescence of the digits of the fourth Hex/Star pair 37/73)

This is but one example of the integration of Greek and Hebrew gematria.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    What are you talking about? The "refracted light" that makes a rainbow comes from the sun, that big bright thing you see every day in the sky.
    The light doesn't make the rainbow (= the spectrum), but the rainbow is a property of the light.

By the way, it doesn't say that God made the rainbow, only that he did place (give) it in the cloud.

So what you did write above in #2 is not right
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough
    These facts, which show that rainbows are a natural phenomenon, present a problem with Genesis which says that God made the rainbow as a sign of his covenant

Very true. But there is no such "thing" as "evil" per se.
    Evil smells

That's just a word we use to describe things that are harmful, cruel, or whatever to finite mortal composite beings such as ourselves. Evil is not a "thing" that could be added or subtracted from reality. God did not, and could not, "create evil" as if it were a separable property of reality.
    In fact we do evil all the time.
    That's also what the bible says, Genesis 8:21,

the inclination of man's heart is evil from his youth

Romans 7:18-24,
    For I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh. The willing is ready at hand, but doing the good is not. For I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want. Now if do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. So, then, I discover the principle that when I want to do right, evil is at hand. For I take delight in the law of God, in my inner self, but I see in my members another principle at war with the law of my mind, taking me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Miserable one that I am! Who will deliver me from this mortal body?
    Last edited by sylvius; 11-29-2012 at 01:15 PM.

The light doesn't make the rainbow (= the spectrum), but the rainbow is a property of the light.
    I don't understand what you are trying to say. The rainbow = the spectrum of the light that makes the rainbow.

By the way, it doesn't say that God made the rainbow, only that he did place (give) it in the cloud.

So what you did write above in #2 is not right
    Here is what I said in Post #2:

Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    These facts, which show that rainbows are a natural phenomenon, present a problem with Genesis which says that God made the rainbow as a sign of his covenant:
    Genesis 9:12 And God said: "This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 "I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. 14 "It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; 15 "and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.
    Obviously, we need to reinterpret the Bible in light of science. Fundamentalists get it backwards and try to interpret science in light of the Bible. That's why they reject evolution and the age of the earth, etc.
    You are correct that my use of the word "made" is inaccurate. It uses the word natan (to give). So God "gave" his rainbow in the cloud. Does this mean that rainbows existed before God "gave" his rainbow? If not, then the problem remains. If so, then we have a new problem. What does it mean for God to "give" something we already have?

Check out my blog site

In fact we do evil all the time.
    That's also what the bible says, Genesis 8:21,

the inclination of man's heart is evil from his youth

Romans 7:18-24,
    For I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh. The willing is ready at hand, but doing the good is not. For I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want. Now if do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. So, then, I discover the principle that when I want to do right, evil is at hand. For I take delight in the law of God, in my inner self, but I see in my members another principle at war with the law of my mind, taking me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Miserable one that I am! Who will deliver me from this mortal body?
    The word evil merely describes behavior and the outcome of behavior. Evil is not a thing. It would be like saying that there is a thing like "speed" because cars go fast.

Your error is known as the Fallacy of Reification. You are treating an abstraction (evil) as if it were a real, concrete thing.

Check out my blog site

I don't understand what you are trying to say. The rainbow = the spectrum of the light that makes the rainbow.
    When God said "let there be light" it implicated all manifestations of light including the rainbow.

Does this mean that rainbows existed before God "gave" his rainbow? If not, then the problem remains. If so, then we have a new problem. What does it mean for God to "give" something we already have?
    He gave it as a sign, אוֹת, "ot", even on the ideal Yom Kippur, the 365th day after the beginning of the flood, Genesis 8:14, the verse with the same gematria as Genesis 1:1, viz. 2701 = 37 x 73.

Above I did reason that it in fact was the sign of the favor, "chen", Noach did find.

So only his favorites might see it as such, while the others only do see a natural phenomenon.

LXX has σημεῖον

cf. Matthew 24:29-30,

Εὐθέως δὲ μετὰ τὴν θλίψιν τῶν ἡμερῶν ἐκείνων ὁ ἥλιος σκοτισθήσεται, καὶ ἡ σελήνη οὐ δώσει τὸ φέγγος αὐτῆς, καὶ οἱ ἀστέρες πεσοῦνται ἀπὸ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ καὶ αἱ δυνάμεις τῶν οὐρανῶν σαλευθήσονται. καὶ τότε φανήσεται τὸ σημεῖον τοῦ υἱοῦ τοῦ ἀνθρώπου ἐν οὐρανῷ, καὶ τότε κόψονται πᾶσαι αἱ φυλαὶ τῆς γῆς καὶ ὄψονται τὸν υιὸν τοῦ ἀνθρώπου ἐρχόμενον ἐπὶ τῶν νεφελῶν τοῦ οὐρανοῦ μετὰ δυνάμεως καὶ δόξης
    Last edited by sylvius; 11-30-2012 at 01:51 AM.

The word evil merely describes behavior and the outcome of behavior. Evil is not a thing. It would be like saying that there is a thing like "speed" because cars go fast.
    Who then is the evil one, ὁ πονηρὸς ?

Matthew 13:19,
    Παντὸς ἀκούοντος τὸν λόγον τῆς βασιλείας καὶ μὴ συνιέντος, ἔρχεται ὁ πονηρὸς καὶ ἁρπάζει τὸ ἐσπαρμένον ἐν τῇ καρδίᾳ αὐτοῦ: οὗτός ἐστιν ὁ παρὰ τὴν ὁδὸν σπαρείς.

In any case he is meant to be the one who takes away the possibility of a hundredfold yield, "meah sh'arim" = 666.

But you didn't even notice ...

Also the towerbuilders missed the sign,
    they feared a second flood.

Genesis 11:4,

And they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make ourselves a name, lest we be scattered upon the face of the entire earth."

Which makes think of the new WTC tower in New York City.

The distance between heaven and earth is said to be 500 cubits,
    so the tower had to be higher than that.

The new (Liebeskind) WTC tower had to be 1776 feet = 541 meter high.

541 being gematria of "Yisrael" -- like if the devil plays with it

541 even a RAM Star Number:

http://www.biblewheel.com/GR/GR_541.php

A closely related, and much more significant number, is the value of LOGOS (WORD) = 373 = 7 x 37 + 6 x 19

The pair of primes 19/37 is the third Hex/Star pair defined by the sequence 1/1, 7/13, 19/37, 37/73, etc.

And this, of course, is "of the snow" (mishshaleg) = 373 (Proverbs 31:21). I discuss this in my article The Logos Star.

Thus Genesis 1:1 reflects creation by the Word of John 1:1

Genesis 1:1 = 2701 = 37 x 73 ==> 373 (a coalescence of the digits of the fourth Hex/Star pair 37/73)

This is but one example of the integration of Greek and Hebrew gematria.
    Do you think John was aware of these things?

(That he was acquainted with Hebrew gematria might be clear from the numbers 38 and 153 and 666)

Might the phrase : "And the word ( "ho logos") became flesh" have to do with this?

Hebrew letters are consonants, which means that the written word remains silent (secret) until it is vocalized, i.e. spoken out.

Might this also be the secret of God's name?

Rashi on Exodus 3:15,
    This is My name forever: Heb. לְעֹלָם [It is spelled] without a vav, meaning: conceal it [God’s name] תהַעִלִימֵהוּ [so] that it should not be read as it is written. — [from Pes. 50a] Since the "vav” of (לְעֹלָ ם) is missing, we are to understand it as לְעַלֵּם, to conceal, meaning that the pronunciation of the way God’s name is written (י-ה-ו-ה) is to be concealed. — [from Pes. 50a.]
    We know where it is hidden, even you, viz. in the initial leters of "yom hashishi vay'chulu hashamayim" (Genesis 1:31- 2:1)

"The "vav” of (לְעֹלָ ם) is missing" -- the "vav" here is a vocal-sign, even as the Greek "o -mikron", that appears twice in "logos".

Thread Information