Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    HIGH SABBATH: Num28:16 KJV "And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the LORD.
    28:17 And in the fifteenth day of this month is the feast: seven days shall unleavened bread be eaten.
    28:18 In the first day shall be an holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of servile work therein" -- holy convocation is apparently spoken of as "high sabbath" in John 19:31.

Maybe reads differently in your mss, Sylvie?
    http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_...showrashi=true

16. In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, [you shall offer up] a Passover offering to the Lord.. 17. On the fifteenth day of this month, a festival [begins]; you shall eat unleavened bread for seven days.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_...showrashi=true

16. In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, [you shall offer up] a Passover offering to the Lord.. 17. On the fifteenth day of this month, a festival [begins]; you shall eat unleavened bread for seven days.
    Offer Up is Greek for "Kill the Lamb", right?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Offer Up is Greek for "Kill the Lamb", right?
    bloody business ..

Sylvie, You're playing fast and loose with Truth; rarely giving chapter/verse to your ? opinions. Did you get that from Rashi or from being an altar boy?

http://cswnet.com/~duxrow/webdoc22.htm
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Sylvie, You're playing fast and loose with Truth; rarely giving chapter/verse to your ? opinions. Did you get that from Rashi or from being an altar boy?

http://cswnet.com/~duxrow/webdoc22.htm

Exodus 12:7,
    And they shall take of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel, on the houses in which they will eat it.

v.13:

And the blood will be for you for a sign upon the houses where you will be, and I will see the blood and skip over you, and there will be no plague to destroy [you] when I smite the [people of the] land of Egypt.

"and I will see the blood and skip over you" -וְרָאִיתִי אֶת הַדָּם וּפָסַחְתִּי עֲלֵכֶם , "v'raiti hadam uvasachti aleichem" -- the meaning of "pesach" = being skipped over.

v.22-23, And you shall take a bunch of hyssop and immerse [it] in the blood that is in the basin, and you shall extend to the lintel and to the two doorposts the blood that is in the basin, and you shall not go out, any man from the entrance of his house until morning.

The Lord will pass to smite the Egyptians, and He will see the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, and the Lord will pass over the entrance, and He will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses to smite [you].
    Last edited by sylvius; 04-14-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello WordDigger

Welcome to the forum. I hope that your "digging" the word of God will help us all get to the truth.

I found the night and day confusing to begin with. Here is my take on the subject.

All the best
    David
    Thanks David,

I believe that I am pretty much in agreement with what you say. At this point, I have called into question a great deal of my understanding of Passover and my understanding of Day. I am dropping back to prepare for another punt . I have removed my previous posts as a result. I am currently taking a closer look at text I thought I understood for which I now question. At this time I do not know where I will end up but will be digging to uncover more details about what I have previously missed. Will try to get back here when I figure it out.

Best wishes to you as well,
    WordDigger (off Digging)

Polstep Guest

Exclamation Translation?

Yes the Jews count a day as beginning a evening, but does their counting a day that way make it right?
    The scripture says ?The evening an the morning were the first day.? What if the original writing of those were actually ? THIS evening and THIS morning were the first day.? The scriptures have been subjected to so much copying and translations that along the way the word ?THIS? was changed to ?The?

Thread Information