Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Christopher Guest

When Does The Day Begin

Good morning,

I too was one who blindly accepted what was/is believed by many as to when the day began but like you after I sat back and began to ponder this I came to the same logical conclusion you did in that our natural body rhythms do not allow for this to be so.

The numerous verses quoted by those who have responded give clear evidence that the day begins at sunrise.

When we look at the crucifixion scene after Yahushau had dismissed His spirit we find another testimony to this fact.

Joseph of Arimathaea came at even to request the body of Yahushua.

He came at the even because of his fear of the Jews but he came none the less as did Nicodemus as well but praise Yahuwah they came to do this act of loving kindness to their Master.

Pilate then had to send someone to affirm that indeed Yahushau had indeed expired on the cross and then return to confirm to Pilate that this had taken place.

Joseph having been given permission to have the body given to him would have then had to either go and purchase the linen burial strips or return to his home to get them and then go to the crucifixion site to begin the work of removing the body of Yahushua from the cross.

Luke 23:53 says this he did by himself. Joseph must have been quite a specimen of a man to be able to have done this by himself because if we accept what has been taught us of the crucifixion scene this would have been quite a task indeed for one man to accomplish without help and would have taken some time to do because Yahushua was quite a specimen of a man himself.

Then there's the arrival of Nicodemus with the 100lbs of spices to anoint the body of Yahushua for burial and the time involved in accomplishing this even if he had these spices in his possession already.

These men would have been well on in their years as well especially Nicodemus.

One may or may not assume that they washed the body of Yahushau before they began the process of wrapping Him in linen strips and the spices but it's not out of the question.

I have no idea as to how long this would have taken but I'm quite sure it could NOT have happened BEFORE nightfall the beginning of the traditional of the Sabbath Day observance in the evening where no servile work was allowed.

The justification of the fact being discussed in this thread is in the next verse, Luke 23: 54 where it says, " And THAT day was the preparation day COMA and the Sabbath DREW ON.

The term drew on is the word "epiphosko" ( Strong's # 2020 in the Greek ) which means "to begin to grow light or to begin to dawn" which to my understanding clearly separates the two days and clearly says that the day begins at dawn or sunrise and would be more in line with the amount of work that would have been required to prepare Yahushau's body for burial.

The woman may not have seen Nicodemus arrive later because as in the Song Of Solomon, woman who were caught out at night were treated as woman of the night and maybe this is why they went there way to prepare spieces for His burial ignorant of what happened later.

One question that continues to cause me grief is how do we reconcile the fulfillment of Yahushua's promise to spend three days and three nights in the heart of the earth if we follow the days stated as the 14th, 15th,and 16th day of the month of Abib / Nisan because it says He arose on the 3rd day and if He arose on the third day then how can one arrive at the 3rd night?

I've heard numerous explanations concerning this but none that I can completely be at rest with including Michael Rood's explanation but again the days don't match up to what he believes and teaches.

Blessings
    Christopher

Hey Chris.. imo They rightly called the night FIRST because of Gen1:5 -- they didn't know about Jesus going to be "The Light of the World", and how 'they' were 'in the dark' about the Gentiles learning from their teaching and experience.

Gen 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day".

Obviously its a confusing subject--done on purpose, I believe, with the 3D-3N in mind..

Nowadays of course we recognize how morning starts the day fresh after a good night's REST.. amen?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Biblical Day=DayLight; Evening=Afternoon+Dusk

Rethinking my Post. Text Removed.

WordDigger
    Last edited by WordDigger; 04-15-2014 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Correction: {re}created in Gen 1:1 Clarifivation was Incorrect.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    (it is silly to think that He had to wait until the dark side of the earth rotated into the light before He created upon it) Nor was He hindered because half of the earth was in darkness (as He created it to be).
    Love the thinking here but it occurred to me that this would be no more silly than GOD needing to "Rest" on the Seventh Day after all that WORK" .

Just a thought. Really enjoying this article and this thread.

Rethinking post: Text removed...
    Last edited by WordDigger; 04-15-2014 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WordDigger View Post

I believe that we find evidence of the Day starting "At Evening" in Exodus.
    Hello WordDigger

Welcome to the forum. I hope that your "digging" the word of God will help us all get to the truth.

I found the night and day confusing to begin with. Here is my take on the subject.

We are used to starting the new day at midnight, that is when the clock reads 00:00 even though we feel the day starts when we get up after a nights sleep. As we know when winter is here, the night begins early but is generally when it gets dark. There is an overlap between what we call night (darkness) and day (daylight) with when the day starts according to the clock. This can be confusing. Our clock beginning the day at midnight seems to be a half-way stage. Midnight is exactly what it says, but according to the clock, Midnight is the start of our day. In the Biblical days, the new day starts at the beginning of night at sunset.

A full day consists of Evening + Morning as in stated Genesis 1

There are 12 hours in the day (daylight) and there are 12 hours in the night (darkness) (John 11:9) Are there not twelve hours in the day?

Morning will correspond to the hours of 6 till 12 (according to present day clocks) Evening corresponds to our Afternoon (12 till 6) Night will correspond from 6pm to 6am
    (John 20:1) The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre,

In Biblical times daylight (day) period was divided up into 12 hours and referred to in terms of hours;
    (Matt 20:1) which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.
    (Matt 20:3) And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,
    (Matt 20:5) Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.

Likewise the night.
    (Acts 23:23) And he called unto him two centurions, saying, Make ready two hundred soldiers to go to Caesarea, and horsemen threescore and ten, and spearmen two hundred, at the third hour of the night;

The third hour of the day would correspond to the start of our working day (that is if we work 9 - 5)

When the disciples received the Holy Spirit (on the day of Pentecost) the disciples must have started speaking very early in the day (morning) and started to draw a crowd of which some thought the disciples were drunk (Acts 2:15) For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

All the best
    David
    Last edited by David M; 04-14-2014 at 12:02 AM.

The Day after Passover was the first day of Unleavened Bread (a "high sabbath"), and was NOT the regular weekly sabbath.
    72 hours seen here!
    Name:  3D3N.gif
Views: 22
Size:  26.1 KB
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Hey Chris.. imo They rightly called the night FIRST because of Gen1:5 -- they didn't know about Jesus going to be "The Light of the World", and how 'they' were 'in the dark' about the Gentiles learning from their teaching and experience.

Gen 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day".

Obviously its a confusing subject--done on purpose, I believe, with the 3D-3N in mind..

Nowadays of course we recognize how morning starts the day fresh after a good night's REST.. amen?
    Day it was in the moment that He said "let there be light", since it is the light that He called day, the light that He immediately took away again, so that evildoers could not make use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    The Day after Passover was the first day of Unleavened Bread
    Nonsense -- Passover is the feast of unleavened bread.

HIGH SABBATH: Num28:16 KJV "And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the LORD.
    28:17 And in the fifteenth day of this month is the feast: seven days shall unleavened bread be eaten.
    28:18 In the first day shall be an holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of servile work therein" -- holy convocation is apparently spoken of as "high sabbath" in John 19:31.

Maybe reads differently in your mss, Sylvie?

Thread Information