Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sula View Post
    Ok Richard, come down off your high horse...
    My horse is a pony compared to the Stallion of Pride you have set yourself so high upon.

If you would like to discuss theology and the Bible and the things of God, that would be great. If you just want to set yourself up as a judge over people then you will find yourself talking to yourself, because no one else will be interested in participating.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    It will quickly fill in the gaping intellectual wounds "left behind" after reading certain quack prophecy books (that will remain unnamed ).

Richard
    Nice one. I read those books and treated them like the works of fiction they are.

But I do have a question which is hopefully consistent with this topic. In reading around on this board I see so much of the discussion having to do with 70 AD and the events that have been fulfilled already that many point to as future coming events. I am wondering if you all have a view about that which has not been fullfilled. For example, has the first resurrection already happened since many of the saints who had died rose after Jesus's resurrection? Does the mark that must appear in hand or the forhead in order to buy or sell have a literal fulfillment in the first century?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbrier View Post
    Nice one. I read those books and treated them like the works of fiction they are.

But I do have a question which is hopefully consistent with this topic. In reading around on this board I see so much of the discussion having to do with 70 AD and the events that have been fulfilled already that many point to as future coming events. I am wondering if you all have a view about that which has not been fullfilled. For example, has the first resurrection already happened since many of the saints who had died rose after Jesus's resurrection? Does the mark that must appear in hand or the forhead in order to buy or sell have a literal fulfillment in the first century?
    Good question!

The problem with the resurrection passages is that they are mixed in with the "coming of the Lord" prophecies which are mixed in with the 70 AD prophecies, so it seems like they all must have happened together. I don't have a strong opinion about the resurrection prophecies yet because I'm still waiting for light. We are discussing these issues over in the eschology forum.

In general, my eschatology is driven by 1) What I actaully know and can prove by the Bible and History, and 2) integration with the general theme and flow of the Bible, especially the Gospel. Thus, I begin with the main and the plain things. This leads to an extremely high degree of confidence in the first century fulfillment of the integrated prophetic complex of Daniel, Revelation, and the Olivet Discouse. But in further study, I see that the 1 Thess 4 (with the resurrection passage) also seems to fit with all the other prophecies fulfilled in the first century ... and that's what led to my current state of uncertainty which I am still working on.

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

What do you think of Obadiah Shoher's views on the Middle East conflict?

What do you think of Obadiah Shoher's views on the Middle East conflict? One can argue, of course, that Shoher is ultra-right, but his followers are far from being a marginal group. Also, he rejects Jewish moralistic reasoning - that's alone is highly unusual for the Israeli right. And he is very influential here in Israel. So what do you think? uh, here's the site in question: Middle East conflict
    Last edited by AlexZello; 02-18-2008 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexZello View Post
    What do you think of Obadiah Shoher's views on the Middle East conflict? One can argue, of course, that Shoher is ultra-right, but his followers are far from being a marginal group. Also, he rejects Jewish moralistic reasoning - that's alone is highly unusual for the Israeli right. And he is very influential here in Israel. So what do you think?
    Welcome to our forum!

I don't know anything about Obadiah Shoher. I just googled him and found his contrioversial book Samson Blinded. I downloaded it (it's free) and will take a look at his ideas.

Meanwhile ... what do you think of his views?

Richard

Check out my blog site

Thread Information