Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Unregistered Guest

stopping dragging people with you into your ignorance

don't ever take the bible to be a literal book. stop this madness

Greetings everyone! I'm back!!!!

Step right up folks! Meet the legendary Joe!

I'm not sure who the "guest" was who asked us to stop interpreting the bible literally, but to be sure he is not misinformed, you will note that we who believe God kept His promise and delivered the promised Kingdom (Thy Kingdom Come......) do not interpret Prophesy literally; we interpret symbolic prophesy as spiritual imagery of God's Church.

Join the forum if you'd like to engage in a good discussion.

Joe
    Israel is more than just a race; it is more than just a nation; it is the people of God, from faith, by faith, and only faith. Those who assemble in the name of Christ Jesus, embrance Israel because they are Israel

Quote Originally Posted by TheForgiven View Post
    Greetings everyone! I'm back!!!!

Step right up folks! Meet the legendary Joe!

I'm not sure who the "guest" was who asked us to stop interpreting the bible literally, but to be sure he is not misinformed, you will note that we who believe God kept His promise and delivered the promised Kingdom (Thy Kingdom Come......) do not interpret Prophesy literally; we interpret symbolic prophesy as spiritual imagery of God's Church.

Join the forum if you'd like to engage in a good discussion.

Joe

Hey there Joe! Nice to see your smiling face.

Don't be a stranger.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

My good friend Richard!

It's great to be here again. I'll do my very best to contribute to the discussions. Unfortunately I was involved with a horse accident yesterday. I fell off my horse and fractured my scaphia wrist bone; hurts like hell too.

So what's new?

Joe
    Israel is more than just a race; it is more than just a nation; it is the people of God, from faith, by faith, and only faith. Those who assemble in the name of Christ Jesus, embrance Israel because they are Israel

What did you do to the poor horse?
    Brother Les

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
    What did you do to the poor horse?
    Hi Les! Great to see you again.

The horse is still alive if that's what you're concerned about.

Wasn't his fault. I had a new rider, riding my other horse, and Moon (the horse I fell off of) spooked and spun in circles. And because we were so close to wood with nails, I decided to ditch and landed on my wrist; I have a cast now.

Here's a few pictures of my two boys:

Name:  Joe Riding Moon1.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  499.3 KBName:  ScreenHunter_40 Aug. 06 00.14.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  635.9 KB

The smaller black horse with me in a white T-Shirt is Moon; he's the horse that spooks at nearly anything; I'm still working on him with his spooking and fear problems. The other horse with me in a red shirt is EzPz; he's my favorite boy and of course much larger. EzPz is about 17hh and Moon is 15hh. I love them both to death, but Moon may end up at the auction if he doesn't straighten out. Then again, a horse is only as good as his trainer, so it's up to me to continue searching for training methods to help him learn how to control his fear; especially with his "herd leader" sitting on him. Perhaps that's the problem; he doesn't respect me as a Herd Leader. Yet if that were true, he would not listen to me on the ground, yet he listens to everything I ask him to do. I believe me falling was my fault, although he spooked. I should have stayed on him and rode the circling without diving off.

So how have you been?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Good morning David,

It sounds like you are talking about the Historicist interpretation of Revelation. There are four major views:

Preterist
    Historicist
    Futurist
    Idealist

Steve Gregg wrote an excellent reference book comparing them called Four Views of Revelation.

There are a number of intriguing "coincidences" that support the Historicist interpretation. The 1260 days can be interpreted as 1260 years which fits reasonably well with the duration of the rule of the Roman Catholic Church as the "Beast." This was very popular amongst mainstream Protestants as well as the Seventh Day Adventists.

I was intrigued by the Historicist position for a few years when I was a Christian. There seemed also to be an interesting correlation between the seven churches of Revelation 3-4 and the general sequence of church history over the last 2000 years. But after much study it became quite clear to me that there were too many holes that interpretation for it to be correct.

All the best,

Richard
    Hello Richard

I missed this reply until now. Thanks for the four major views. I am open to hearing something new although I have switched off to listening to the same old controversial arguments.
    Rood calls the Book of the Revelation 'The Fifth Gospel'. Once I get a copy of his 'Chronological Gospels' we can examine what he says and maybe do a critical analysis of his life's work and give him some respect; the same as you deserve for the work you have done with the Bible Wheel. I expect we shall end up having the same old arguments. Until we agree at the root level of the Bible, we shall always disagree at the branch level.

The advantage of hindsight is that we can take into account the errors that were not seen at the time. I am seeing interpretations and times that were never mentioned say thirty years ago. It seems like some are falling in line with what Isaac Newton calculated and the year 2060 is a significant end date (the complete end of man's rule perhaps).
    The return of Christ could be up to 40 years before that date, hence greater signs could be seen in just a few years time. I am keeping an open mind knowing the errors of the past, but the world will not continue as it is for too much longer so the signs would show. Even forty years is comparatively short the way time is flying by for me at the moment.

According to how you judge what is happening in the world, one graph based on world-wide destruction and collapse is seen as going down and the other graph based on technological advances is going up. Will technology save or eventually destroy the earth? Technology has the the capability to do both. It is the will of man and the rule of man that decides his own future. Already, God has determined the disaster that will happen under man's rule and has plans to make sure that scenario does not happen. Time will tell and we shall have to see whether we are having the same arguments in 10 years time.

All the best
    David
    Last edited by David M; 08-29-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Unregistered Guest
    Our lord Jesus Christ crucified not in Jerusalem , egypt and sodom , or in south carolina literaly.
    Bible is a book for soul and heart. Jesus is not alive, risen christ for 'modern' day christianity. 99% of modern day christians ' rejoice over him and make merry, sending gifts one to another; because jesus tormented them'/paraphrased from Revelation 11:10
    But 1% christians 'mourning for him, as one mourn for his only son, and in bitterness for him , as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.' Zechariah 12:10

Thread Information