Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Final Four!

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Don't poo-pooh the Y2K just yet.. it may still have legs if the 15 added years for Hezekiah figures. Though I never did buy into the "88 reasons for the Lord to return in '88" -- but pleased to note that it rcvd some attention and maybe helped some to investigate for themselves.
    How could the Y2K be delayed by fifteen years? The whole problem was related to the storage of the year in two rather than four digits, e.g. 1995 was stored as 95, the 1900 being assumed. That potential bug never caused any of the havoc predicted by paranoid end-timers like Grant Jeffery in ludicrous (and lucrative, no doubt) failed prediction book Millennium Meltdown: Spiritual and Practical Strategies to Survive Y2K. It just goes to show, yet again, how the whole religion thing is a cesspool of gullibility, superstition, paranoia caused by its central teaching that blind belief is a sign of Godliness, and skepticism is aligned with atheism and will damn your soul for eternity. In other words, religion is a mind-killer.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

I've changed my ideas and decided to remove this post. Rest assured I still love and believe in God <3
    Last edited by Nothing; 04-29-2017 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Don't poo-pooh the Y2K just yet.. it may still have legs if the 15 added years for Hezekiah figures. Though I never did buy into the "88 reasons for the Lord to return in '88" -- but pleased to note that it rcvd some attention and maybe helped some to investigate for themselves.
    Hello Dux

Will it ever get to the time when all believers are disillusioned and it is said that there is no hope of Christ's return?

Should a date like the year 2,060 AD (a date predicted by Sir Isaac Newton), or by the very latest 3,000 AD be set to say that if Christ has not come by then, we should all give up and turn our attention elsewhere? When does the Bible become redundant?. I will not live till 2,060 by natural means. There is reason to hope for Christ returning before 2060, by which time certain things will have come to pass.

Shall we be tested right up to the wire, the moment when people are just giving up, and when Jesus will return suddenly?

It is easier for those who die in hope, yet in disappointment not to be alive at Christ's return.

Christ's return is sooner for those who die and are raised to life, than those who are waiting now and might be alive at his coming.

Death is but a sleep to the believer who dies in Christ, but for those who are alive at his coming and who suffer the scoffing of the mockers, they have to endure while living and awake.

All the best.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    I would love to discuss the spiritual side of things in addition to what is going on here in physical reality, but it's apparently "too nutty" to even be able to bring up.
    Come and join the thread; http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...3140#post63140

We are discussing the spirit and the flesh. Please chip in your thoughts. You make sense to me in what you have written in this thread.

David

Thread Information