Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313

    The Bias of the Biblical God

    A Good Theory

    Any physical theory is always provisional, in the sense that it is only a hypothesis: you can never prove it. No matter how many times the results of experiments agree with some theory, you can never be sure that the next time the result will not contradict the theory. On the other hand, you can disprove a theory by finding even a single observation that disagrees with the predictions of the theory. As philosopher of science Karl Popper has emphasized, a good theory is characterized by the fact that it makes a number of predictions that could in principle be disproved or falsified by observation. Each time new experiments are observed to agree with the predictions the theory survives, and our confidence in it is increased; but if ever a new observation is found to disagree, we have to abandon or modify the theory.



    The Bias of the Biblical God

    To make the statement that the God of the Bible is a just and righteous god, it must be shown that he is not biased, but perfect in all his judgments. This is the premise by which I can disprove the “Just” nature of the Biblegod. To disprove a theory one needs only to find a single observation that disagrees with the predictions of the theory, and in this case I have found many more than one.
    I have shown in my article The Male Bias of the Bible how the god described within the pages of the Bible is not only unjust, but also biased. If my argument is valid then the Biblegod cannot be a true creator god because he is not perfect in all his ways. My proof begins with the biblical description of the equality of the male and female who were created by its god. Not only are the male and female created equally in the image of God, but they are also created equally in the manner of flesh and bone.
    Gen.1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

    Gen.2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
    If male and female are created spiritually, and fleshly equal, then any judgment they receive should be based on individual merit and not gender. Yet, over and over again throughout the pages of the Bible it is noted that judgments are meted out based solely on gender. I would like to present my case from the book of Leviticus. In reading through the listed verses it immediately becomes apparent that the sole fact of gender is what determines the length of time for uncleanness and purification after childbirth, and this was a specific command from God.
    Lev.12:1-5 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days (7 days); according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days (33 days); she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled. But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks (14 days), as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days (66 days).
    Everyone knows that there is absolutely NO difference in giving birth to a male child verses giving birth to a female child. If because of religious traditions a woman is in need of purification after giving birth to a child, the same exact method would be applicable regardless of the gender of her baby. In the Levitical verses not only is the mother unclean twice as long after giving birth to a female child, but also must undergo a purification period that is twice as long. This is clearly a case of bias based solely on gender. Without the need to list any more verses (of which there are many) our requirement has been met in finding a single observation that disagrees with the theory of the “Unbiased Nature of God”, thus showing that the God of the Bible is unjust, and therefore not perfect. This directly leads to my conclusion that the god described in the Bible is made up from the minds of men who are indeed biased.

    1. A true god must be just and perfect.
    2. The Biblegod is biased.
    3. Therefore the Biblegod is not a true god.



    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    I have shown in my article The Male Bias of the Bible how the god described within the pages of the Bible is not only unjust, but also biased. If my argument is valid then the Biblegod cannot be a true creator god because he is not perfect in all his ways. My proof begins with the biblical description of the equality of the male and female who were created by its god. Not only are the male and female created equally in the image of God, but they are also created equally in the manner of flesh and bone.
    Gen.1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

    Gen.2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
    The Bible never says that male and female are created equally in the image of God! males and females can never be equal anatomically and physically. Nothing in the Bible says male and female are created equal. This shows that each gender have a specific role to play to complement each other.

    If male and female are created spiritually, and fleshly equal, then any judgment they receive should be based on individual merit and not gender. Yet, over and over again throughout the pages of the Bible it is noted that judgments are meted out based solely on gender. I would like to present my case from the book of Leviticus. In reading through the listed verses it immediately becomes apparent that the sole fact of gender is what determines the length of time for uncleanness and purification after childbirth, and this was a specific command from God.
    Lev.12:1-5 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days (7 days); according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days (33 days); she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled. But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks (14 days), as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days (66 days).
    Everyone knows that there is absolutely NO difference in giving birth to a male child verses giving birth to a female child. If because of religious traditions a woman is in need of purification after giving birth to a child, the same exact method would be applicable regardless of the gender of her baby. In the Levitical verses not only is the mother unclean twice as long after giving birth to a female child, but also must undergo a purification period that is twice as long. This is clearly a case of bias based solely on gender. Without the need to list any more verses (of which there are many) our requirement has been met in finding a single observation that disagrees with the theory of the “Unbiased Nature of God”, thus showing that the God of the Bible is unjust, and therefore not perfect. This directly leads to my conclusion that the god described in the Bible is made up from the minds of men who are indeed biased.
    This is a misinterpretation of the whole passage. the reason was that God wanted to ensure that the mother who gave birth have adequate rest and survive through the delivery and the female babies born was more able to survive infant mortality. It has been noted that in third world countries where healthcare facilities are inadequate many mothers and infants died after delivery. Such purification rites helped to reduce such mortalities and ensure that mothers will be fit to continue to deliver. If the mothers were to died after delivery then the burden of raising the new born babies will fall on the fathers who will find themselves inadequate to care for them i.e. provide milk, motherly love etc. This may result in more infant mortalities.

    The main reason why female babies have longer purification period and after-delivery care was to ensure that the female babies have a better chance of survival in order to reach delivery age, this will ensure that the generations will continue to grow. Males have a shorter period of purification as it was thought to be because they are physically fitter....maybe, but I beg to differ. Most males during Moses and ancient times do not survive beyond adulthood anyway due fighting and being killed in wars, thus God wanted the males to be independent as soon as possible after birth. This is probably why males reached puberty faster then females.

    The other reason why there was a shorter period of purification for mothers born with males babies was that they have to be circumcised by the eight day. Circumcision was done on the eighth day after delivery as there is some proof that the eighth day after delivery is the day whereby the male's immune system and blood clotting factors are more stabiiized to fight against infection and heal the circumcision. Male circumcision provides a more hygienic environment for the male babies and thus require lesser purification period for the mother and less period of care for the male babies. Therefore, let's not misinterpret the whole passage that there is bias against the females in the Bible but rather it shows the the fairness and wisdom of God. Note on a research on clotting factors for babies on the eighth day after delivery:

    http://www.apologeticspress.org/apco...3&article=1118

    One can easily misinterpret that there is female bias in the Bible whereby male babies have to undergo circumcision whereas female babies need not and female babies received twice more care than male babies.

    1. A true god must be just and perfect.
    2. The Biblegod is biased.
    3. Therefore the Biblegod is not a true god.
    I have provided explanations that this is not true. God is just, perfect and wise and is unbiased towards gender. The Biblegod is a true God.

    God bless all genders.
    Last edited by CWH; 10-19-2012 at 01:03 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    The Bible never says that male and female are created equally in the image of God! males and females can never be equal anatomically and physically. Nothing in the Bible says male and female are created equal. This shows that each gender have a specific role to play to complement each other.
    Oh, so you think God was biased against females from the time of creation and that justifies all the denial of equal human rights one finds in the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    This is a misinterpretation of the whole passage. the reason was that God wanted to ensure that the mother who gave birth have adequate rest and survive through the delivery and the female babies born was more able to survive infant mortality. It has been noted that in third world countries where healthcare facilities are inadequate many mothers and infants died after delivery. Such purification rites helped to reduce such mortalities and ensure that mothers will be fit to continue to deliver. If the mothers were to died after delivery then the burden of raising the new born babies will fall on the fathers who will find themselves inadequate to care for them i.e. provide milk, motherly love etc. This may result in more infant mortalities.
    What you say makes no sense. The reason for the purification and cleansing laws had nothing to do with the mother getting rest; she still had to take care of her baby. And why would a females survival rate be any different that a male baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    The main reason why female babies have longer purification period and after-delivery care was to ensure that the female babies have a better chance of survival in order to reach delivery age, this will ensure that the generations will continue to grow. Males have a shorter period of purification as it was thought to be because they are physically fitter....maybe, but I beg to differ. Most males during Moses and ancient times do not survive beyond adulthood anyway due fighting and being killed in wars, thus God wanted the males to be independent as soon as possible after birth. This is probably why males reached puberty faster then females.
    The text says nothing about purification for the babies, it was all about the mother. She was the one who gave birth which involves a lot of blood and that is the reason for the cleansing and purification.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    The other reason why there was a shorter period of purification for mothers born with males babies was that they have to be circumcised by the eight day. Circumcision was done on the eighth day after delivery as there is some proof that the eighth day after delivery is the day whereby the male's immune system and blood clotting factors are more stabiiized to fight against infection and heal the circumcision. Male circumcision provides a more hygienic environment for the male babies and thus require lesser purification period for the mother and less period of care for the male babies. Therefore, let's not misinterpret the whole passage that there is bias against the females in the Bible but rather it shows the the fairness and wisdom of God. Note on a research on clotting factors for babies on the eighth day after delivery:



    God bless all genders.
    What in the world does circumcision have to do with purification of the mother after childbirth?
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Oh, so you think God was biased against females from the time of creation and that justifies all the denial of equal human rights one finds in the Bible.
    Male and Female were never created equal......look at their sexiual organs and you will know why. They were made for a specific purpose to complement each other. This was why Eve was made a helper for Adam so that they complement each other, a helper that is on equal tems but with different responsibilities. Just like Yin and Yang, opposites such as cold and hot, summer and winter complements each other to ensure harmony in nature.

    If you think that humans came from apes then you will have to justify that it is the law of the survival of the fittest, evolution and common descent that is the original cause of the inequality betweeen sexes and not God or the Bible.

    What you say makes no sense. The reason for the purification and cleansing laws had nothing to do with the mother getting rest; she still had to take care of her baby. And why would a females survival rate be any different that a male baby?
    Precisely, that she needs to take more care of the female babies ensuring that they would survived through adulthood and delievery age so as to ensure that they can carry on the genes of their people. en in ancient times die much younger than females and that's one way to ensure that they have their generations before they died.

    The text says nothing about purification for the babies, it was all about the mother. She was the one who gave birth which involves a lot of blood and that is the reason for the cleansing and purification.
    It's the same as maternity leave for the mother who have just given birth....to rest and recuperate and take care of the new born babies. Such purification ensure that the mother would survived through the maternity period so that she could look after the new born babies thus ensuring that both mothers and babies survived. If the mother died after delivery, chances will be that the new born babies will be neglected of care and will not survived.


    What in the world does circumcision have to do with purification of the mother after childbirth?
    Then why do you think that male babies have a shorter period of post-natal care compared to female babies? And why do you think male babies need to be circumcised on the eighth day and female babies need not? Purification of the mother certainly have something to do with hygiene with the associated words mentioned in the passage such as "she shall be unclean", "she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled".

    Lev.12:1-5 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days (7 days); according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days (33 days); she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled. But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks (14 days), as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days (66 days).

    God Bless both males and females equally.
    Last edited by CWH; 10-22-2012 at 03:55 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Male and Female were never created equal......look at their sexiual organs and you will know why. They were made for a specific purpose to complement each other. This was why Eve was made a helper for Adam so that they complement each other, a helper that is on equal tems but with different responsibilities. Just like Yin and Yang, opposites such as cold and hot, summer and winter complements each other to ensure harmony in nature.
    Hey there Cheow,

    You have confused "equal" with "same." No two people are "equal" by your definition. Everyone is different. Some are taller, fatter, smarter, black, white, Asian, whatever. You have demonstrated yet again that you don't understand what we are talking about, which is the Biblical bias against women. I have proven this quite conclusively in my article called The Inextricable Sexism of the Bible.

    The fact that men and women are biologically complementary does not justify the Biblical bias.

    Your example of Yin and Yang is false because there is no bias in favor of Yang over Yin. Toaism teaches they are perfectly balanced. The source of all problems is an imbalance between the two.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    If you think that humans came from apes then you will have to justify that it is the law of the survival of the fittest, evolution and common descent that is the original cause of the inequality betweeen sexes and not God or the Bible.
    Your comment is confused. The fact of evolution does not mean anyone has to justify anything. Facts are facts.

    Evolution is irrelevant to this question. We are not talking about the ultimate "cause" of sexism in general. Neither Rose nor I have ever said that the Bible was the "cause" of sexism. On the contrary, we are saying that sexism is common throughout the world. The fact that it appears also in the Bible shows that the Bible is no different than any other book in that regard. And this means that it could not be the "Word of God" as many Christians suggest. God cannot be biased in favor of men over women.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    What you say makes no sense. The reason for the purification and cleansing laws had nothing to do with the mother getting rest; she still had to take care of her baby. And why would a females survival rate be any different that a male baby?
    Precisely, that she needs to take more care of the female babies ensuring that they would survived through adulthood and delievery age so as to ensure that they can carry on the genes of their people. en in ancient times die much younger than females and that's one way to ensure that they have their generations before they died.
    There is nothing in the text that says anything about taking "time off" like in a paternity leave. You just made that up. Such ad hoc excuses are worthless.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    The text says nothing about purification for the babies, it was all about the mother. She was the one who gave birth which involves a lot of blood and that is the reason for the cleansing and purification.
    It's the same as maternity leave for the mother who have just given birth....to rest and recuperate and take care of the new born babies. Such purification ensure that the mother would survived through the maternity period so that she could look after the new born babies thus ensuring that both mothers and babies survived. If the mother died after delivery, chances will be that the new born babies will be neglected of care and will not survived.
    Again, you just made up a worthless ad hoc excuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    What in the world does circumcision have to do with purification of the mother after childbirth?
    Then why do you think that male babies have a shorter period of post-natal care compared to female babies? And why do you think male babies need to be circumcised on the eighth day and female babies need not? Purification of the mother certainly have something to do with hygiene with the associated words mentioned in the passage such as "she shall be unclean", "she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled".

    Lev.12:1-5 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days (7 days); according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days (33 days); she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled. But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks (14 days), as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days (66 days).

    God Bless both males and females equally.
    Again, your explanation is just made up. There is not a word in the Bible supporting the idea that male and female babies received different amounts of post-natal care.

    All the best,

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •