Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Zodiac

The Zodiac

Hi, I wonder if you have any thoughts on the zodiac given its shape and numerology.

Quote Originally Posted by believer View Post
    Hi, I wonder if you have any thoughts on the zodiac given its shape and numerology.
    That's a very broad question.

The most obvious number related to astrology is the number 12. It natural comes from the 12 months of the year. The Jews associate the 12 signs with the 12 tribes and this is the basis of the 12 disciples around Christ (analogous to the Sun, the Light of the World).

The fact that it is a circle relates to the simple fact that time is cyclical. Cycles are related to the number 3, and time to the number 4 (fourth day). Their product yields 3 x 4 = 12. Here is a snippet of how I understood these things when I was a Christian (from the discussion of Spoke 4 in the Bible Wheel book):
    God revealed the key to the archetypal patterns of the whole Bible in the ordered sets of the Seven Days of Creation, the Ten Commandments, and the Seven Seals of Revelation. The patterns are based on the obvious, intuitive, and universal meanings of the numbers that correspond to their positions in the lists. They are also fundamentally geometrical. We saw this on Spoke 2 where God based everything on the ideas of duality, division, image, and reflection (BW book pg 144). Here on the Fourth Day He simply doubled (2 x 2 = 4) the duality of the Number 2 to form the fourfold division of the Circle of Time. The structure of this Day is profoundly self-reflective. God doubly reiterated its connection to the Number 4; once by giving four purposes for the objects He created and again in the fourfold nature of those very purposes! The fourfold cross – is itself the essence of a sign (ot) and the seasons, days, and years all naturally fall into four quadrants as shown in the diagram. They are the temporal equivalents of the spatial division represented by the Four Directions which are uniquely emphasized on Spoke 4 in the fourfold camp of Numbers (Cycle 1) and the fourfold Temple of Ezekiel (Cycle 2). This then links to the fourfold nature of physical reality – the space-time continuum – consisting of three spatial and one temporal dimension (3 + 1 = 4), as it is written: "In the beginning (time) God created the heaven and the earth (three-dimensional space)." It is for these rea-sons, and many more, that Jews and Christians have always understood the Number 4 as the symbol of physicality, extension, and the world. The coherent integration of the Fourth Day with the rest of the Seven Days must also be borne in mind (BW book pg 49). Yet all of this is but a hint of the infinite depth of Wisdom God displayed on Spoke 4.

• Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

The twelve signs coincide the twelve moon-months, so determined by sun and moon, the two great luminaries "that God had made", "the great luminary to rule the day and the lesser luminary to rule the night" (Genesis 1:16).

Since the solar year of 365 days exceeds twelve moon-months by 10 days the month of Adar is seven times doubled in a cycle of 19 years.

Adar coincides the sigh of Pisces = Fishes.

Aries (Ram) coincides the month Nisan, the month of Passover, in which Jesus was crucified. "The lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world"

Libra (Scales) coincides the month of Tishri, the month of Yom Kippur, day of final judgement.

Aquarius the water-bearer: * 1 * The "Water of the Word"
    Pisces the fishes: * 2 * be ye fishers of men..
    Aries the Ram: * 3 * the Lamb of God!
    Taurus the Bull * 4 * Breeding from heaven!
    Gemini the twins * 5 * Jacob and Esau
    Cancer the Crab * 6 * our 'Goliath' is sickness..
    Leo the Lion * 7 * of the Tribe of Judah
    Virgo the Virgin * 8 * Christ "formed in her"..
    Libra the Scales * 9 * of Justice will prevail
    Scorpius the Scorpion * 10 * Death where is thy sting? 1Cor15:55
    Sagittarius the Archer * 11 * Flaming Arrows Eph6:16 NIV..
    and Capricornus the Goat * 12 * Our 'scape-goat Jesus!

"The Witness of the Stars" by E.W.Bullinger, ca 1890, expounds on how the coming of Christ was foretold in the names of those stars in the days prior to when written language began; that the names of those stars (in the Zodiac/Mazzaroth) had cognate meanings as in Virgo the Virgin for the virgin Mary, and Leo the Lion for the "Lion of the Tribe of Judah", Rev5:5.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Aquarius the water-bearer: * 1 * The "Water of the Word"

Aquarius is Hebrew "d'li" = bucket.
    It coincides the month of Sh'vat, the month of the new year of the trees, especially of the two trees in paradise, one of which you shouldn't eat from,
    Eliezer (Lazarus) being the Aquarian man:
    He came from Damascus, the place where Paul did see the light.
    Damascus, Hebrew D'meshek, gematria 444
    Name that was interepreted as "Doleh umashkeh", i.e. Eliezer, the aquarain man, "draws up the water in a bucket and gives to drink"

Rashi on Genesis 15:2,
    Damascus: Heb. דַמֶשֶׂק. According to the Targum, he was from Damascus, but according to the Midrash Aggadah (Gen. Rabbah 44:9) [the meaning is] that he pursued the kings until Damascus. And in our Talmud (Yoma 28b), it (the word דַמֶשֶׂק) is interpreted as a notarikon [acrostic דוֹלֶה וּמַשְׁקֶה]: he drew and gave to drink from his master’s teachings to others.
    Pisces the fishes: * 2 * be ye fishers of men..
    The element of the fishes is water.
    But since the Aquarian man poured all water away they have to live in the air, like the descendants of Ephraim and Manasseh.
    (which must be the meaning of the so called rapture).

The month of Adar is the month of Purim, to commemmorate fate's final turn

Taurus the Bull * 4 * Breeding from heaven!
    Hebrew "shor".

The world was created in the sign of the bull, only 1/3 being manifest, 2/3 hidden, "Alef" means "the head of the bull", the abdomen being the hidden cause of all disasters.

Gemini the twins * 5 * Jacob and Esau
    but Perets and Zerach were also twins. Jacob and Esau are strugglers, Jihadists, Perets and Zerach live in harmony. in the sign the Twins Torah was given (on the 6th day of the month Sivan = pentecost)

Cancer the Crab * 6 * our 'Goliath' is sickness..
    In the sign of Cancer they made the golden calf (on the 17th day of the month Tammuz), and the tabelts with the ten commandments broken.

Leo the Lion * 7 * of the Tribe of Judah
    in the sign of the Lion the temple was destroyed (on the 9th day of the month Av)

Virgo the Virgin * 8 * Christ "formed in her"
    = the new year (the new year coincides the 6th day of creation, day on which Adam was created and sinned)
    Last edited by sylvius; 10-08-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Sorry for the broad question. But I have reviewed your site, and have not found any relation to the zodiac. I just so happened to see that picture and noticed the shape, and immediately thought of the Bible Wheel.

Sorry for the broad question. But I have reviewed your site, and have not found any relation to the zodiac. I just so happened to see that picture and noticed the shape, and immediately thought of the Bible Wheel.
    No need to apologize - I was just noting it was a "broad question" as a way of saying that my answer would be limited by comparison.

Yes, there is a connection with the Bible Wheel, and it is interesting that that number 12 plays a prominent role because there are two aligned division of the 12 OT historical book with the 12 Minor Prophets.

In general, the idea of a circle with spokes and corresponding symbols appears to be an archetype. It represents a complete symbolic system - a closed circle with sufficient symbols to account for everything. It goes way back and appears in many mystical traditions. Circles with an alphabet are very common. A few examples:

The 231 Gates (which played an important role in my discovery of the Bible Wheel:

Name:  wheel_sepher_yetzirah.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  196.6 KB

And here is a classic view of the 72 names of God derived by taking a letter from each of the three verses in Exodus 14:19-21 which each have 72 letters:

Christian Kabbalist and Mystic Jacob Boehme like circles with symbols:

Name:  Boehme_cercle.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  58.2 KB
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information