Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    575

    God does not follow the first principle of morality. Why not?

    God does not follow the first principle of morality. Why not?

    The first principle or morality is Harm/care of children. It is highlighted by the trait of compassion.

    God ignores this throughout the bible by killing many of the weakest, most vulnerable and innocent, ---- children and babies.

    God is showing a cowardly trait that contains no compassion or morality.

    Children cannot be guilty of sin yet God kills them.

    Yet those of the Abrahamic cults, Christians, Muslims and other believers, do not reject this cowardly and immoral God.

    Why not?

    Regards
    DL

    This clip shows the first five principles of morality.

    http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

    This clip shows what some think of God killing children.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    God does not follow the first principle of morality. Why not?
    Neither does Humans follow the first principle of morality. Why not?

    The first principle or morality is Harm/care of children. It is highlighted by the trait of compassion.
    The first principle of morality is to avoid spiritual death so as to achieve eternal life in heaven. Physical death will occurs to everyone old or young, therefore our priority is the morality to fight physical death and achieve eternal life. To achieve that is to love God with all your heart, soul and migt and to love your neighbor as yourself.

    God ignores this throughout the bible by killing many of the weakest, most vulnerable and innocent, ---- children and babies.
    So are humans by killing the weakest, most vulnerable and innocent.....children and babies through poverty, neglect, diseases, abortions, abuse etc.

    God is showing a cowardly trait that contains no compassion or morality.
    So are humans.

    Children cannot be guilty of sin yet God kills them.
    Children cannot be guilty of sin yet humans kill them....wars, poverty, injustice, abortions, abuse etc. Death occurs to everybody young or old, rich or poor, what does it matter if children or the aged dies since everybody will die one day in this temporary lifetime. Better to strive for eternal life in heaven than to strive for temporary earthly life.

    Yet those of the Abrahamic cults, Christians, Muslims and other believers, do not reject this cowardly and immoral God.

    Why not?
    Yet non-believers do not reject their cowardly, selfish and immoral way of life and continue to strive in this temporary lifetime in this evil world rather than to strive for eternal life by loving God with all their heart soul and might and to love their neighbor as themselves,

    Why Not?

    God Bless.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Neither does Humans follow the first principle of morality. Why not?
    I see you have really thought about your reply.
    We do or we would not be here.

    How many people do you know who do not place their children's welfare ahead of their own?

    The first principle of morality is to avoid spiritual death so as to achieve eternal life in heaven.
    I see. So your morality centers completely on you. Rather selfish but ok.
    Strange theology as from what you can see from the Ted quote, the morality of most of us is to center it on others.
    You know, do unto others?
    No I guess you don't. Oh well. So much for Jesus' biggy.

    Physical death will occurs to everyone old or young, therefore our priority is the morality to fight physical death and achieve eternal life.
    Yep yep. It is all about you. You covered that already.


    To achieve that is to love God with all your heart, soul and migt and to love your neighbor as yourself.
    Which of the Christian cults have the God I should love? There seems to be many.

    Love is supposed to have reciprocity right?
    Just like faith.
    What can I know for certain that God did so that I can return the favor?

    You also stated above that you love you ahead of your neighbor so I am not sure what you are saying.
    So are humans by killing the weakest, most vulnerable and innocent.....children and babies through poverty, neglect, diseases, abortions, abuse etc.
    How is making God as big a prick as humans helping your God?

    So are humans.
    How is making God as big a prick as humans helping your God?

    Children cannot be guilty of sin yet humans kill them....wars, poverty, injustice, abortions, abuse etc. Death occurs to everybody young or old, rich or poor, what does it matter if children or the aged dies since everybody will die one day in this temporary lifetime. Better to strive for eternal life in heaven than to strive for temporary earthly life.
    You are right. Children cannot be guilty.
    Most men I know, if they had God's power, would end poverty. I am sure you would. Right?
    So do not compare relatively powerless men to your all powerful God and expect me to respect your do nothing even though he can God while you chastise men for not doing something.

    If you do not see your double standard my friend then you are as bright as a brick.
    I will assume I did not insult you as I am sure you recognise the double standard you created by comparing apples to oranges.

    Yet non-believers do not reject their cowardly, selfish and immoral way of life and continue to strive in this temporary lifetime in this evil world rather than to strive for eternal life by loving God with all their heart soul and might and to love their neighbor as themselves,

    Why Not?

    God Bless.
    You do not seem to be keeping up with the news my friend. Most markers, like violent crimes and death, slavery and population problems are doing quite well thanks to man and not your absentee immoral God.

    Links upon request.

    Regards
    DL

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    God does not follow the first principle of morality. Why not?
    Neither does Humans follow the first principle of morality. Why not?
    So you say that God is no better than a sinful human. How is it possible that you call yourself a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    The first principle of morality is to avoid spiritual death so as to achieve eternal life in heaven. Physical death will occurs to everyone old or young, therefore our priority is the morality to fight physical death and achieve eternal life. To achieve that is to love God with all your heart, soul and migt and to love your neighbor as yourself.
    Why would anyone want to go to heaven and hang out with an immoral god who is no better than sinful humans.?

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    God ignores this throughout the bible by killing many of the weakest, most vulnerable and innocent, ---- children and babies.
    So are humans by killing the weakest, most vulnerable and innocent.....children and babies through poverty, neglect, diseases, abortions, abuse etc.
    Again you reduce God to be nothing better than a lousy sinner. Your every post proves your religion is absurd.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    God is showing a cowardly trait that contains no compassion or morality.
    So are humans.
    And yet again, you reduce your god to nothing but a low down sinner. I am stunned. How is it possible you cannot see the absurdity of your answers?

    I'd like to know what other Christians think of your opinion of God as a no good sinner.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    We are back on the subject of morals and morality.

    By definition morals are to do with right conduct. Who is to say what is right conduct?

    Who is deciding what is right conduct for man? It seems man wants to make his own rules and impose his own rules on God and does not accept the rules God has placed on man which are for the benefit of man and not to the benefit of God. God has not given us rules merely as an exercise of making us obey him. The rule to" Love they neighbor as thyself" if completely kept would mean that we would never commit evil against our neighbor. If we do, it would mean that we do not love ourselves and that might mean we are defective creatures.

    Does man want to lay claim to have made up the rule "love thy neighbor" first rather than accept God gave that rule to man first?


    By enlarge, man does right by his own rules and does not accept God's rules. Therefore, God sees man as not keeping Hiis rules, and man sees God not as not keeping man's rules. Alas, man is not in a position to argue against God and win. God holds the power and in that respect we should be humble. Man is not humble because he thinks he is greater than God and knows best. Man knows nothing compared to what God knows. Man does not know all the facts as God knows them. Therefore, God can made the correct judgment based on all the facts whereas man cannot make the correct judgment because he does not know all the facts.

    If doing evil to thy neighbor is not moral, who defines what is evil? Should man be punished for committing evil? It is a fact that we have courts and prisons so I guess man has set the tariff of punishments. If man defines what is evil and has sets a tariff of punishments to fit the evil done, is man moral if he does not give the punishment fitting the crime?

    Let's suppose a man kills his neighbour and the killer has a child and the mother of the child died giving birth. This means that the child has only the father to depend on. Now suppose the man is serial killer an shows no signs of remorse or repentance and if not prevented will go and kill again. What should be the punishment of the man and what is to become of the child? Should the father look after the child in prison and what education will that man give his child? The father has already set a bad example to his child by killing his neighbor and will kill more given the chance.

    This is only one example, multiply this a thousand times and a million times and that is the scenario we have today. What is the best course of action for mankind's future?


    All the best

    David
    Last edited by David M; 10-16-2012 at 07:21 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    575
    Your whole post assumes that man and God's notions of morality are at odds.

    This goes against your own bible.

    It states quite clearly that man' moral sense is equivalent to God's.

    Your God says that ---they have become as Gods in knowing good and evil yet you call God a liar thanks to your belief in Christianity's wrong assumption that to be as God in the moral sense is a sin.

    Tell us what is wrong or sinful about being as God in the moral sense?

    If you can answer this then I can speak to the rest of your wrong thinking in the rest of your post. If the need is still there and it should not be if you recognize that having the same moral sense as God is a good thing.

    You might remember before you reply that the originators of the Eden myth, the Jews, thought of Eden as man's elevation and not his fall the way Christians have done and thus corrupted the moral of that myth.

    Regards
    DL

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
    Your whole post assumes that man and God's notions of morality are at odds.
    If you are saying that God is morally bad, them God's morality has to be at odds with your morality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
    This goes against your own bible.

    It states quite clearly that man' moral sense is equivalent to God's.
    We are in God's image but that did not stop mankind becoming so corrupt God had to destroy that society except for Noah and his family.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
    Your God says that ---they have become as Gods in knowing good and evil yet you call God a liar thanks to your belief in Christianity's wrong assumption that to be as God in the moral sense is a sin.
    That was the reason of Eve in her mind. I do not say that the Bible says that we are equivalent to God because we know good and evil.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
    Tell us what is wrong or sinful about being as God in the moral sense?
    I am not saying it is wrong. I did say that man (in general) as you do, think that your morals are better than God's or else you would not be saying God is morally bad for killing the children of the Canaanites for example.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
    If you can answer this then I can speak to the rest of your wrong thinking in the rest of your post. If the need is still there and it should not be if you recognize that having the same moral sense as God is a good thing.
    Having replied to your questions I look forward to the remainder of your reply to my former post that you say you can now answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
    You might remember before you reply that the originators of the Eden myth, the Jews, thought of Eden as man's elevation and not his fall the way Christians have done and thus corrupted the moral of that myth.
    I have no regard for any myths whoever creates them. The Garden of Eden I think is misunderstood, but I do not believe it to be a myth. Seeing as man (in general) disobeys God's commands, I cannot see how man can justifiably elevate himself. In view of God's greatness and man's weakness, man should learn to be humble. Are you humble before God?

    Once again, I look forward to your fully answering my post before this one.


    David
    Last edited by David M; 10-16-2012 at 02:05 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    575
    You did not answer the main point but only confused the issue. Give a clear yes or no please.
    I need to know your mind set before I can answer your other points.


    Originally Posted by Greatest I am

    Tell us what is wrong or sinful about being as God in the moral sense?

    Your reply.

    I am not saying it is wrong. I did say that man (in general) as you do, think that your morals are better than God's or else you would not be saying God is morally bad for killing the children of the Canaanites for example.

    ---------------------------------

    This indicates that you think it a good thing for man to seek the morals of God.

    You are saying that Eden was not our fall but our elevation as the writers of the myth do.

    You then turn around and say---

    "Seeing as man (in general) disobeys God's commands, I cannot see how man can justifiably elevate himself."

    Which is it my friend?

    Did man do well in gaining the same moral sense that God is said to have and is thus justified and elevated or not.

    You yourself justified the action with your ----

    "I am not saying it is wrong."

    Meaning it was right and justifying it.

    Regards
    DL

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
    You did not answer the main point but only confused the issue. Give a clear yes or no please.
    I need to know your mind set before I can answer your other points.


    Originally Posted by Greatest I am

    Tell us what is wrong or sinful about being as God in the moral sense?

    Your reply.

    I am not saying it is wrong. I did say that man (in general) as you do, think that your morals are better than God's or else you would not be saying God is morally bad for killing the children of the Canaanites for example.

    ---------------------------------

    This indicates that you think it a good thing for man to seek the morals of God.

    You are saying that Eden was not our fall but our elevation as the writers of the myth do.

    You then turn around and say---

    "Seeing as man (in general) disobeys God's commands, I cannot see how man can justifiably elevate himself."

    Which is it my friend?

    Did man do well in gaining the same moral sense that God is said to have and is thus justified and elevated or not.

    You yourself justified the action with your ----

    "I am not saying it is wrong."

    Meaning it was right and justifying it.

    Regards
    DL
    Hello DL

    You are doing a Richard and asking me more questions before you will give an answer. This is not what you said you would do. You said you would reply after I had given you an answer;
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
    Tell us what is wrong or sinful about being as God in the moral sense?

    If you can answer this then I can speak to the rest of your wrong thinking in the rest of your post. If the need is still there and it should not be if you recognize that having the same moral sense as God is a good thing.
    Now please respond to post #5 and then I might answer your new set of questions.


    David

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    575
    Tell us what is wrong or sinful about being as God in the moral sense?

    Was Eden man's fall or his elevation?

    I need to know your mind set to answer anything else in a way that you would consider.

    Regards
    DL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •