Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

vBulletin issue on biblewheel.com

Richard,

Is there a way to increase the timeout for login.. (via facebook connect)
    Everytime I type a long post and submit, I get a "not logged in" message and I have to basically log back in and re-create the post which is a pain in the butt.
    It has happen to me twice.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris S.

Hey Chris

I do not log in by Facebook though I have occasionally been logged out and lost my long posts. Now I remember to copy and save to word or notepad before submitting just in case I get logged out or the server has crashed or my router has disconnected and I am not aware of it. The autosave feature that is automatically done every few minutes is a great help in retrieving posts that did not get submitted properly.

As a message to Richard, I would ask about when I forget to log in and I reply to a post. If I submit before I log in I am naturally taken to be a guest. When I log in before I have submitted my post, I am taken away from the post I have just written. This has caught me out a couple of times and therefore I have to make the same corrective measure and copy and save to notepad before I log in. Afterwards I copy and paste everything back into the reply post.

All the best

David

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stuber View Post
    Richard,

Is there a way to increase the timeout for login.. (via facebook connect)
    Everytime I type a long post and submit, I get a "not logged in" message and I have to basically log back in and re-create the post which is a pain in the butt.
    It has happen to me twice.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris S.
    Hey there Chris,

The session timeout is currently set to two hours, so something else must be going on. Do you have a good internet connection? A brief break in your connection, which might be unnoticeable to you, could cause you to be logged out. I'll look into this more and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hey Chris

I do not log in by Facebook though I have occasionally been logged out and lost my long posts. Now I remember to copy and save to word or notepad before submitting just in case I get logged out or the server has crashed or my router has disconnected and I am not aware of it. The autosave feature that is automatically done every few minutes is a great help in retrieving posts that did not get submitted properly.

As a message to Richard, I would ask about when I forget to log in and I reply to a post. If I submit before I log in I am naturally taken to be a guest. When I log in before I have submitted my post, I am taken away from the post I have just written. This has caught me out a couple of times and therefore I have to make the same corrective measure and copy and save to notepad before I log in. Afterwards I copy and paste everything back into the reply post.

All the best

David
    Hey there David,

The software is supposed to redirect you back to where you were before you logged in. Is this is not working?

The autosave is a great feature that came with vBulletin 4. In the older version I would always copy before posting to save myself from losing everything. I still do it sometimes just to be sure, but I haven't lost anything since we upgraded to vB 4.

All the best,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Richard,

Just want to follow up on the timeout.. Yes I guess I am exceeding the 2hr timeout. Is there anyway to increase that value?
    I tend to research alot whilst editing, and I am just slow.

Also, that auto-save feature... "sort of" works, but I had typed a long post and right in the middle... windows decided to perform and update, then rebooted.
    Upon doing the Restore Auto-Save, I lost about 2/3rds of my post, and I did not have the motivation to retype it.

Thanks,

Chris S.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stuber View Post
    Richard,

Just want to follow up on the timeout.. Yes I guess I am exceeding the 2hr timeout. Is there anyway to increase that value?
    I tend to research alot whilst editing, and I am just slow.

Also, that auto-save feature... "sort of" works, but I had typed a long post and right in the middle... windows decided to perform and update, then rebooted.
    Upon doing the Restore Auto-Save, I lost about 2/3rds of my post, and I did not have the motivation to retype it.

Thanks,

Chris S.
    Hi Chris,

I have increased the timeout to four hours. I hope that's enough.

You probably had a problem with the autosave because it only works if you are logged in. If you let your session timeout it won't work any more. It is easy to avoid this problem. All you need to do is preview your post once in a while. Each time you preview you let the software know that you are still there and it resets your session so you have another four hours.

Thanks for letting me know about the problems you are having. The users are my "eyes and ears" to know what I need to manage the forum better.

All the best,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information