Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelytony22 View Post
    After going through all those anti-women quotes I was dumbfounded. I asked myself, "did MLK and co really said that?. Well, I believe we shouldn't take it serious. Why?. Because it doesn't conform with the Bible. Irrespective of the person's standard or legacy, if it is far from God's word then it has to be trashed.

Look, women were not meant to be slaves to their husbands as some ministers of God proclaim today.

Let's give enough respect to women. God realized a man's existence on earth would be incomplete; that is why he made a woman for him.
    Hey there lovelytony22,

Welcome to our forum!

I appreciate your skeptical attitude. It is very important to verify quotes found on the internet. Here's a link from a Reformation website discussing the evidence for the quote from Martin Luther (the 16th century reformer, not the modern activist MLK). The article concludes that the quote is legitimate but taken out of context and misinterpreted, and that it would be "absurd" to "make Luther into a woman-hater." I don't know if that's true, I would have to do a lot more study of Luther to decide. But if it is true, that quote should be removed from the list.

The more important point seems to be your assertion that anti-women attitudes are "far from God's Word." I don't think that is true. The article you linked doesn't seem to address the most significant issues in any depth. I've explained my position another thread called The Inextricable Sexism of the Bible. It would be great if you wanted to respond to that post.

Great chatting!

• Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hey there Richard! Long time no see/read.

Hope you and Rose are still doing great! I'm not really responding to the subject of this post; just wanted to drop a line. I'll try sticking around a bit longer....letting you all know I'm still around.

Peace and blessings my old friend.

Joe
    Israel is more than just a race; it is more than just a nation; it is the people of God, from faith, by faith, and only faith. Those who assemble in the name of Christ Jesus, embrance Israel because they are Israel

Thread Information