Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Post Wilderness wandering

Exodus 3:18 And they shall hearken to thy voice: and thou shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel unto the king of Egypt, and you shall say unto him, The Lord God of the Hebrews has met with us: and now let us go, we beseech thee, three days' journey into the WILDERNESS - midbar/ MiDBaR, that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God.
    I was privileged to watch the 10 Commandments on TV - the newer version - and although I feel Moses heard a little more clearly than they portrayed, it brought home to me that 'their walk' according to the Word was not much different for them as it is for us. Although Moses heard God, the people had to believe he heard God and follow the instructions which brought great upheaval to their lives.

I could identify - what with the great upheaval of my own life these past few months, never knowing from one day to the next if its 'life or death'. And even now it is yet the same. The thing that is different is that now it's 'life of death' for me by what I actually speak. "Life and death are in the power of the tongue and they that love it will eat it's fruit." I've had to train myself to counter all my distressing thoughts and speak aloud the Word of God, not only as life but as encouragement for my spirit.

We know Jesus heard God. Now we must follow the Word also, walking and speaking as Jesus spoke, especially in our stressful situations. This word wilderness is one that gave me pause for thought and encouraged me. Why did God take them into the MDBR particularly?

Mem = water DaBaR = of the Word

Because it is the ONLY route. The journey was one going into the 'Water of the Word'. Not much different than where God is taking each of us today. It's a three/GIMEL day journey which tells us that there will be a 'crossing over' as well as a 'weaning' taking place. That this is God's benevolence, his great riches that He is bestowing on us.

We do the same thing they did. They felt dry and thirsty. They cried out to Moses - one drawn from the water. God not only gave them water - he reigned down Manna/Mem Nun from heaven.

Mem
    = water, the wisdom of the Word Nun as the abundant kindgom life.

Today we feel dry and thirsty. God help us. God save us. We have the same choice - to leave Egypt / the kingdom of distress ruled by Pharaoh / RA -the evil PH - mouth and go into the wilderness and be weaned on the 'water of the Word' - God's manna for us. That's akin to being 'raised from the dead'. And until that happens - - we are yet moving and having our being in Sardis (we have a name that we are alive, but yet we are dead) -even Laodicea (we are lukewarm).
    Jeremiah 20:9 " But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    I was privileged to watch the 10 Commandments on TV - the newer version - and although I feel Moses heard a little more clearly than they portrayed, it brought home to me that 'their walk' according to the Word was not much different for them as it is for us. Although Moses heard God, the people had to believe he heard God and follow the instructions which brought great upheaval to their lives.

I could identify - what with the great upheaval of my own life these past few months, never knowing from one day to the next if its 'life or death'. And even now it is yet the same. The thing that is different is that now it's 'life of death' for me by what I actually speak. "Life and death are in the power of the tongue and they that love it will eat it's fruit." I've had to train myself to counter all my distressing thoughts and speak aloud the Word of God, not only as life but as encouragement for my spirit.

We know Jesus heard God. Now we must follow the Word also, walking and speaking as Jesus spoke, especially in our stressful situations. This word wilderness is one that gave me pause for thought and encouraged me. Why did God take them into the MDBR particularly?

Mem = water DaBaR = of the Word

Because it is the ONLY route. The journey was one going into the 'Water of the Word'. Not much different than where God is taking each of us today. It's a three/GIMEL day journey which tells us that there will be a 'crossing over' as well as a 'weaning' taking place. That this is God's benevolence, his great riches that He is bestowing on us.

We do the same thing they did. They felt dry and thirsty. They cried out to Moses - one drawn from the water. God not only gave them water - he reigned down Manna/Mem Nun from heaven.

Mem
    = water, the wisdom of the Word Nun as the abundant kindgom life.

Today we feel dry and thirsty. God help us. God save us. We have the same choice - to leave Egypt / the kingdom of distress ruled by Pharaoh / RA -the evil PH - mouth and go into the wilderness and be weaned on the 'water of the Word' - God's manna for us. That's akin to being 'raised from the dead'. And until that happens - - we are yet moving and having our being in Sardis (we have a name that we are alive, but yet we are dead) -even Laodicea (we are lukewarm).
    Hello my friend!

I'm really glad you found a little time to drop in and share. I know its a very hard time for you and Omar right now ... but you are proving that the dry times in the dessert force your roots to reach deep to find that life-giving water of God's Word.

I think you really hit the center of the tartet with this post. The defining moment in the Book of Numbers (Midbar) was all about FAITH when God asked " how long will it be ere they believe me?"
    Numbers 14:5-24 Then Moses and Aaron fell on their faces before all the assembly of the congregation of the children of Israel. 6 And Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of them that searched the land, rent their clothes: 7 And they spake unto all the company of the children of Israel, saying, The land, which we passed through to search it, is an exceeding good land. 8 If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey. 9 Only rebel not ye against the LORD, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the LORD is with us: fear them not. 10 But all the congregation bade stone them with stones. And the glory of the LORD appeared in the tabernacle of the congregation before all the children of Israel. 11 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long will this people provoke me? and how long will it be ere they believe me, for all the signs which I have shewed among them? 12 I will smite them with the pestilence, and disinherit them, and will make of thee a greater nation and mightier than they. 13 And Moses said unto the LORD, Then the Egyptians shall hear it, (for thou broughtest up this people in thy might from among them) 14 And they will tell it to the inhabitants of this land: for they have heard that thou LORD art among this people, that thou LORD art seen face to face, and that thy cloud standeth over them, and that thou goest before them, by day time in a pillar of a cloud, and in a pillar of fire by night. 15 Now if thou shalt kill all this people as one man, then the nations which have heard the fame of thee will speak, saying, 16 Because the LORD was not able to bring this people into the land which he sware unto them, therefore he hath slain them in the wilderness. 17 And now, I beseech thee, let the power of my Lord be great, according as thou hast spoken, saying, 18 The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. 19 Pardon, I beseech thee, the iniquity of this people according unto the greatness of thy mercy, and as thou hast forgiven this people, from Egypt even until now. 20 ΒΆ And the LORD said, I have pardoned according to thy word: 21 But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD. 22 Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice; 23 Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it: 24 But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.
    I thank God that He is teaching you the deep things of His Word, and what it really means to trust Him no matter where He leads you.

I hope you find some more time to visit here, and to share in our convestations.

God bless you sister,

PS: I just checked the weather in Tok Alaska and it says that today's HIGH temp of about 15 degrees F below zero! How's that old wood stove holding up?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Two prevailed

Hei Richard,

I hope your right about the 15 below - because it's been 46 below for the past two days. Although at noon I did notice it was warming up because the air was loosing it's sting.

When you consider how many God led into the wilderness - and that only TWO prevailed - it gives you great pause to consider you own walk.

Joshua prevailed - and that confirms Jesus
    And Caleb prevailed - although a 'dog' - by the letters - - KLB - one who K suppressed evil by taking his thoughts captive L having a heart B of relationship in truth.

Interesting about being saved 'by water' - because only 8 were saved at the time of Noah - and now only 2 in the wilderness. In her book, 'Seated in the Heavenly places, Ferrell makes this comment which witnesses to my spirit:

She quotes John 3:3 and then says, "I want you to read this passage, going beyond the message of salvation with which we are so familiar. God wants to give us something immensely powerful for this century, which will cause us to enter into the true dimension of power and of revelation that is our heritage. I dare to say, and I do not feel that I am wrong, that this passage is much deeper and worthy of repeated study than the simple announcement of the Gospel that leads us to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior and to assure ourselves of eternal life in heaven.

Here Jesus is talking about seeing the kingdom and entering into the kingdom.

I believe that when Jesus truly enters into the heart of man to live, his spirit is sealed for salvation, and it is also awakened to begin to understand spiritual truths and to be able to feel the manifestations of the Spirit.

Nevertheless, as I have traveled to the different nations of the world and have talked with thousands of Christians and pastors, I realize the tragic reality. The vast majority of the people of God have never seen the kingdom of God, have never had a face to face encounter with Jesus, have never seen the heavenly places in which they have so often been told they are seated. And the most terrible thing is that the vast majority of them have never been born again."

Further into the reading she again states, "I believe that those who are born of God have a continued experience with the water of life. They are people whose spiritual levels begin to be felt and recognizable by the rest of the body. They are people who no longer belong to this world, but who have left the things of this world, and truly irrefutably belong to the kingdom that is not of this dimension, the kingdom of God.

I believe that when Jesus talks about being born of water and the Spirit, He is not necessarily referring to baptism in water, but to waters of revelation, waters of life that flow from the very throne of God. Those who are born again are necessarily worshippers, tireless seekers of God, men and women God has brought to drink from these waters and who know how to get to these waters and drink from them.

When the Bible speaks of water in this passage, it does not say baptism, as the Bible so clearly names it when referring to baptism in other parts of the Scriptures. Theologians have assumed that it is baptism, but here it says water, and there are many different kinds of water in the Word.

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst... John 4:14

From your inner being will flow rivers of living water, and these are those whom I am seeking, the true worshippers in Spirit and truth (paraphrase of John 4). I am not seeking those who sing songs, but those who know how to take their worhip to the very presence of His throne room. "

She has more to say that is very valuable for those who are truly seeking truth. The book is called 'Seated in the Heavenly Places" by Ana Mendez Ferrell and can be found on the site 'Voice of the Light'.

When you consider the very first letter ALF - A Jehovah L teaching F to speak we need to take heed. The groaned in Egypt and murmurred in the wilderness, instead of drinking of the water of Word. We all think we drink the water of the Word but I would say most of us are 'rained on' rather than 'refreshed by' the water. Those that drink it LIVE by it in thought, word and action. And admittedly, I am under heavy conviction.

Jeremiah 20:9 " But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

Shalag,

I join Richard in greeting you, and, thank you for the words of life.

I bear witness to your observations. Recently, I too, have been led back into John's gospel, to look more closely at Jesus' words.

Yesterday, I sought a deeper understanding of John 6, and experienced during the day an unexpected victory of great magnitude that was obvious to me was from God direct.

I look forward to your continued input as you are led.

Joel
    For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38,39

Wilderness is good

In shadows, the wilderness is where you go to meet God.

From Egypt Israel wanted to go to the wilderness to sacrifice.
    Aaron met Moses in the wilderness and kissed [him] ('Him' is not in Hebrew)
    Jesus was tempted in the wilderness.

These are the same imagery.

Aaron and Moses: The word for "kiss" also means "burn"
    We are also told that Moses would be like God and Aaron his mouthpiece. So Aaron is the shadow of Christ.
    So in this we have Christ going to the wilderness to meet God and Burning or sacrificing. This one now matches the first.

Jesus in the wilderness: met Satan. oops. Until we realize that "it is better to obey than to sacrifice" So Jesus' obedience in the wilderness was a "better sacrifice".

BTW, where does the scape goat go? He who was made sin, goes to the wilderness, back to meet God.

Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by bjones View Post
    In shadows, the wilderness is where you go to meet God.

From Egypt Israel wanted to go to the wilderness to sacrifice.
    Aaron met Moses in the wilderness and kissed [him] ('Him' is not in Hebrew)
    Jesus was tempted in the wilderness.

These are the same imagery.

Aaron and Moses: The word for "kiss" also means "burn"
    We are also told that Moses would be like God and Aaron his mouthpiece. So Aaron is the shadow of Christ.
    So in this we have Christ going to the wilderness to meet God and Burning or sacrificing. This one now matches the first.

Jesus in the wilderness: met Satan. oops. Until we realize that "it is better to obey than to sacrifice" So Jesus' obedience in the wilderness was a "better sacrifice".

BTW, where does the scape goat go? He who was made sin, goes to the wilderness, back to meet God.
    Sacrifice - what a great word! Zabach - ZBCh - Z the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God - marking B family relationship - -and the Ch heartbeat of life.

Hebrews 13:15
    By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God dontinually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

The 'fruit of our LIPS Shin Pei Hei - receiving - Sh divine revelation Pei the kisses (burning*) of His mouth - -as we H behold the Lamb

* which gives us the picture of Isaiah 6 - Isaiah being a man of unclean lips until the 'burning coal (shin/divine revelaiton)' touched his lips bringing forth God's Word on his tongue.

When Tav - truth/the cross - replaces Hei - Shin Pei Tav - it becomes judgment.

Bondage

Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    Sacrifice - what a great word! Zabach - ZBCh - Z the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God - marking B family relationship - -and the Ch heartbeat of life.

Hebrews 13:15
    By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God dontinually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

The 'fruit of our LIPS Shin Pei Hei - receiving - Sh divine revelation Pei the kisses (burning*) of His mouth - -as we H behold the Lamb

* which gives us the picture of Isaiah 6 - Isaiah being a man of unclean lips until the 'burning coal (shin/divine revelaiton)' touched his lips bringing forth God's Word on his tongue.

When Tav - truth/the cross - replaces Hei - Shin Pei Tav - it becomes judgment.
    Bondage is another word worth pondering. After seeing the word 'sacrifice', being delivered from bondage and offereing 'sacrifice' made much more sense. We do not consider our words seriously. We have no expectations from them, yet God created the world from them. Exodus 20:2 states the first commandment begins with the mention of deliverance from
    bondage.
    Exodus 20:2
    I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage /Ayin Beyt Dalet. That shalt have no other gods before Me.
    Until we leave bondage we are unable to fulfill the great commission of preaching the gospel with signs following. Dalet is the 'door', one significance being the doors of birth and death. Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Beyt, of course, is significant of relationship while Ayin speaks of seeing. God delivers His people out of Egypt/distress, ruled by Pharaoh, the evil mouth. He took them out of bondage, being able to see the relationship of (life and death being in the power of the) tongue. To be able to see HIS providence. The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. He sent His Word and 'healed' them. Thus we are led into the wilderness/water of the Word, to offer the 'sacrifice' the fruit of our lips.
    Sacrifice
    Z the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God - marking B family relationship - -and the Ch heartbeat of life.
    Then as we 'speak light' - there WILL BE light. When we cast out demons - they WILL BE cast out. When we speak with new tongues - they WILL BE life.

Wilderness wandering

Thanks guys, Im the one they squashed on the Wilderness thread....couldnt believe it, very uptight about a simple question. Glad I was introduced to this forum, much more understanding group, I like it here

Thanks,

Thundermoon

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Thanks guys, Im the one they squashed on the Wilderness thread....couldnt believe it, very uptight about a simple question. Glad I was introduced to this forum, much more understanding group, I like it here

Thanks,

Thundermoon
    Hi Emily,

Welcome to our Forum, We are a very understanding group here and willing to talk about all topics in an open and respectful way.

What Forum did you come from?

I look forward to many good discussions....

God Bless

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Thread Information