Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

My spiritual awakening

After several months of searching I now know who I am.

I am in the father and the father is in me. The father and I are one even though he is greater as he is the whole. I am a son of God. Jesus led the way for us all to discover this truth.

This truth means I have no fear of evolution, why bad things happen etc. All that exists is conciousness. When you are under general anathesia you merely move to your next concious moment. If you die and do not wake up you just move beyond space and time in a changeless state and probably start experiencing again in heaven or another form of existence. Even if an eternity goes by it will be instantaneous for you.

There is no death as you cannot experience it. How can something exist if you never experience it? - Maybe if I die for an hour and don't remember a thing it seems that I did not experience anything but I just moved from my last concious moment to the next in an instant. There is no time. Time is just an illusion like matter.

We are all just the all that is experiencing itself in an infinite amount of forms and lifetimes. Maybe there is a bigger plan from a spiritual point of view and oneday I will exist in a different form and be able to oversee all space, time and possibilities. I know I am bigger then just the flesh I reside in. You are too.

Jesus said the truth will set you free so if that is true my sort of thinking has made me free from fear.

I love God(The all that is) with all my heart, mind and soul and I try to treat my neighbour as myself. There can be no sin in love. When you hurt somebody you also hurt yourself. When you hate somebody you waste your own energy.

I believe much of what Jesus said was just to prove you can never live up to any law. He fulfilled it with grace. Grace from the all that is that you and I are one with anyway. I know it sounds like a paradox but my mind just gets it.

Jesus said he was the father(Son of God in the flesh) and that whoever believes in him shall never perish. What did he mean by this?

When I know what I know through Christ I will never perish as it is not possible and that is what I think he was saying. If we are all part of the all that is how can we perish? - How can anything be separate anyway. Even the trees are my lungs.

It's all so simple:

On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
    New Living Translation (©2007)
    When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    "In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

International Standard Version (©2008)
    At that time you will know that I am in my Father, that you are in me, and that I am in you.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    At that day, you will know that I am in my Father and you are in me and I am in you.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    On that day you will know that I am in my Father and that you are in me and that I am in you.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

American King James Version
    At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

American Standard Version
    In that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    In that day you shall know, that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
    At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Weymouth New Testament
    At that time you will know that I am in my Father, and that you are in me, and that I am in you.

World English Bible
    In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

Young's Literal Translation
    in that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you;

Our soul is all one. I am looking through your eyes and you are looking through mine. Maybe it is disturbing to think like that but just enjoy the ride. It will never end. Forever and ever - Amen.

Hello Luke
    A useful post and whilst I agree with most of what you say, I will just add a comment to help you see things as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by luke1978 View Post

This truth means I have no fear of evolution, why bad things happen etc. All that exists is conciousness. When you are under general anathesia you merely move to your next concious moment. If you die and do not wake up you just move beyond space and time in a changeless state and probably start experiencing again in heaven or another form of existence. Even if an eternity goes by it will be instantaneous for you.

There is no death as you cannot experience it.
    The Bible teaching is that when we die, we go back to the dust of the earth and in the grave there is no consciousness and there is no memory. Unless, God has retained our spirit which he is able to reunite at the resurrection, then there is no future existence. Just as we had no consciousness before we were born, so there will be no consciousness when we are dead.

We are all just the all that is experiencing itself in an infinite amount of forms and lifetimes. Maybe there is a bigger plan from a spiritual point of view and oneday I will exist in a different form and be able to oversee all space, time and possibilities. I know I am bigger then just the flesh I reside in. You are too.
    This is just wishful thinking on your part and has no evidence to back it up. We can all speculate on things we do not know about, but on death the Bible is clear which is why I cannot agree with your wishful thinking.

Jesus said he was the father(Son of God in the flesh) and that whoever believes in him shall never perish. What did he mean by this?
    I would like you to show where Jesus said he was the Father. The Son of God in the flesh is not the Father. God is God and flesh is flesh. Jesus is worthy of all praise and worthy to be appointed to the right hand of God and to be with God in Heaven as he is now, but Jesus earned that position for being born a man in the flesh and proving it was possible to lead a sinless life and for vindicating God from any who say that it was impossible and the only way would be for Jesus to be God. This is false reasoning and every verse that remotely suggests anything like this, can be explained satisfactorily to say that Jesus was not God.

It's all so simple:

On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
    New Living Translation (©2007)
    When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
    It should be very simple, but has been complicated by misunderstanding through translation. Some things in the Bible are hard to understand, yet the "milk of the word" is easy to digest. It is the harder things to understand that has led to so much confusion.

As you quote, I consider myself (imperfectly) one with Jesus, but that does not make me equal at present with Jesus. Jesus has been raised from the dead and has been given an incorruptible body. The same body is assured to us, but whilst I do not have the same body as Jesus, I cannot say I am the same as Jesus. We are exhorted to have the mind of Christ and with the mind of Christ, then we should be at one with him. Jesus in saying he was one with the Father, was not making himself equal to God. I can never make myself equal to God. In the kingdom the only thing equal with God will be life eternal. From that point onwards those who are raised to be in the kingdom will live for ever and time will become meaningless.

Our soul is all one. I am looking through your eyes and you are looking through mine. Maybe it is disturbing to think like that but just enjoy the ride. It will never end. Forever and ever - Amen.
    This is what I call empathy; to put yourself in the place of others. I can never truly be in your place experiencing the exact same. This is why people often say; "You do know what I am feeling". That is true for a person's experience is unique to them. We think we might know what a person feels, but we never experience the same as another person; only something similar.

Thanks for sharing your "spiritual awakening".

All the best,

David

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Luke
    A useful post and whilst I agree with most of what you say, I will just add a comment to help you see things as I do.

The Bible teaching is that when we die, we go back to the dust of the earth and in the grave there is no consciousness and there is no memory. Unless, God has retained our spirit which he is able to reunite at the resurrection, then there is no future existence. Just as we had no consciousness before we were born, so there will be no consciousness when we are dead.
    My point exactly. So if you factor in that time does not exist then at death if you are unconcious then an eternity could go by and you would never know it. Which means if I died now I would be with the father straight away. However God is timeless so no time would need to pass and upon physical death you would just move to the next concious moment. If you were frozen for a billion years and then defrosted it would feel instant. Your soul is not made of dust and it comes from God because you are part of God. Only your physical body is made of dust.

Your soul is timeless.

This is just wishful thinking on your part and has no evidence to back it up. We can all speculate on things we do not know about, but on death the Bible is clear which is why I cannot agree with your wishful thinking.
    It's not wishful thinking. Even though my physical body will die I will live. I believe Jesus is the Son of God and I am too. I'm sure the new testament states we are all children of God?

New International Version (©1984)
    "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--

--I truly believe in Jesus and he was the Son of God(The all that is)--

I would like you to show where Jesus said he was the Father. The Son of God in the flesh is not the Father. God is God and flesh is flesh. Jesus is worthy of all praise and worthy to be appointed to the right hand of God and to be with God in Heaven as he is now, but Jesus earned that position for being born a man in the flesh and proving it was possible to lead a sinless life and for vindicating God from any who say that it was impossible and the only way would be for Jesus to be God. This is false reasoning and every verse that remotely suggests anything like this, can be explained satisfactorily to say that Jesus was not God.
    If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

also:

Revelation 1:12

12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,[d] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

It should be very simple, but has been complicated by misunderstanding through translation. Some things in the Bible are hard to understand, yet the "milk of the word" is easy to digest. It is the harder things to understand that has led to so much confusion.
    If the milk of the word was so easy to digest you would know that Jesus was God in the flesh. You need to do some study in this area. Jehovah's witness also deny the divinity of Christ.

As you quote, I consider myself (imperfectly) one with Jesus, but that does not make me equal at present with Jesus. Jesus has been raised from the dead and has been given an incorruptible body. The same body is assured to us, but whilst I do not have the same body as Jesus, I cannot say I am the same as Jesus. We are exhorted to have the mind of Christ and with the mind of Christ, then we should be at one with him. Jesus in saying he was one with the Father, was not making himself equal to God. I can never make myself equal to God. In the kingdom the only thing equal with God will be life eternal. From that point onwards those who are raised to be in the kingdom will live for ever and time will become meaningless.
    He was making himself equal with God and that is why they crucified him. Were you not aware of that? - He said "I am that I am" in the synagogue.

This is what I call empathy; to put yourself in the place of others. I can never truly be in your place experiencing the exact same. This is why people often say; "You do know what I am feeling". That is true for a person's experience is unique to them. We think we might know what a person feels, but we never experience the same as another person; only something similar.

Thanks for sharing your "spiritual awakening".

All the best,
    "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

I believe we are all one and somehow Jesus who is part of the whole in the flesh transcended space, time and physics to enter into history in a crucial time of our evolution for reasons that we just cannot understand now.

I am one with the father and nobody can take that away from me. I know who I am. And if I'm wrong the father would forgive me anyway. Also Jesus stated he never needed human worship.

I believe in what he done and am very thankful. I love the "all that is" that we are all part of.
    Last edited by luke1978; 08-11-2012 at 05:41 AM.

Thread Information