Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Salem Kirban [was Speed of Light]

[QUOTE]A note from the Salem Kirban Reference Bible:
    Removed by submitter as unsound doctrine.
    Last edited by shalag; 06-10-2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Not sound doctrine

Quote Originally Posted by shalag
    A note from the Salem Kirban Reference Bible:
    [Sum totals added]

For many years, CR Camplejohn was an atheist. And 2PE 3:8 [72] bothered him. But the more he investigated the velocity of light the more he was convinced that ‘there is a God’. Now as a Christian he makes these enlightening observations.

Suppose you went on a 30 day trip into outerspace (15 days out into space and 15 days returning to earth). And lets assume you could come near to the velocity of the speed of light (99 (plus 24 ‘9’s. ) When you returned to earth, your timeclock has slowed down sufficiently (at that speed) for 30,000 years of earth time to have gone by … but you were only gone for 30 days! Thus in 30 days… 30,000 years elapsed. Peter said (3:8) One day is with the Lord as 1000 years and 1000 years as one day. Who told Peter this? God did! It wasn’t until 1905 that Albert Einstein discovered the secret that time dilation is possible.

Paul writes in 1Tim 6:15-16 [75-76] : 'The King of Kings … who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light that no man can approach unto …' Paul is saying that no man can approach God physically. This is true. Man, in his body, (in his material structure) can not get into or surpass The Light in which God lives.

Matter (and we are matter)can not surpass the velocity (speed) of light. As soon as it does – it is no longer matter, as we know it – it becomes energy at this point. And it will exist forever because it has gone into what we call the Fourth Dimension. Time has stopped! Then whatever that matter is – it is immortal. God tells us that ‘to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. (2Co 5:8 [60]) In subatomic phyics scientists now realize that everything in this world is made of energy. Energy, in science, is embodied in one word – called LIGHT. In 1JO 1:5 [69] the Bible reveals that ‘God is Light’.

According to the time differential, (between time and God’s time) – a day with God is as a thousand years. How long ago did Jesus Christ live on this earth, by His time? 1.987 days. He hasn’t been gone 2 days yet! (by clock). Now, do you think he has had time to forget about you? … …
    Hi Shalag,

That's a nice sounding story, and I can see why you would want to share it since it causes us to think about the Omniscience of our God, and it reminds us that God always cares and has all the time in the world for us. That is great!

But ... as you know, I have degrees in math and physics, with a specialty in Quantum Physics (dealing with subatomic particles, relativity, and all that), and so I can not enjoy these kinds of stories if I can see that they are wrong and misleading. There are two main problems:

First, it is wrong. The statement that matter becomes energy when it reaches the speed of light and then "moves into the fourth dimension" is gibberish. It means nothing in terms of actual physics, in which matter is understood as energy through the equation E = mc^2 no matter what its velocity. The statement that follows it - "Then whatever that matter is – it is immortal." - is even worse. These words have nothing whatsoever to do with the understanding of the world we gain through the study of modern physics.

Second, it is biblically misleading. The story displays an invalid hermeneutic. Peter was not talking about time dilation. He was talking about the eternal nature of God; the fact that He is outside of space-time and so a thousand years, or a million years, or a billion years, or a single second are all the same to Him. Thus, to suggest that there is a mathematical conversion factor of 1000 to convert from our time to "God time" is an absurdity. We don't want to encourage people to interpret the Bible this way because it does not lead us to the understanding that God intended, which is our greatest task as teachers.

Please don't take this as a criticism of you. Its nothing like that. I am talking about the story that hoodwinked you. I am compelled (of God's Spirit, I believe) to aim at the absolutely best possible exegesis of the text of the Bible. Of course, we both must keep in mind these passages. They help explain my intent:

NKJV James 3:1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment. 2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.

Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

God bless you my sister!

RAM

Post Speed of Light

I don't take what you said as criticism. I seek the truth. I would ask this thread be deleted. I do no want to mislead anyone - even with a Bible commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    I don't take what you said as criticism. I seek the truth. I would ask this thread be deleted. I do no want to mislead anyone - even with a Bible commentary.
    As per a private email, shalag agreed that we should keep my response posted so it can benefit others who may have been misled by the story.

Cool Time and time again

Hello fellas..
    I missed this one about three months ago. I just came across it now while I was trawliing. I am a midden man ,a road digger with little formal education . However I do have a mind with imagination and judgement. You know that the theory of time has been established by experiment. Now ,if time passed and consequently is finite ,then eternity is just a long time and not eternity. I am convinced that time and space are curved and therefore consist of a circle. If that is the case then time is a dimension and the passage of time is an illusion. To experience an event in time we must pass through time to reach that event. Such a concept is beyond our physical experience and so we reject the notion. Even if we could prove it, that would prove to be of little value. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. This day is yours. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow is yet to come.
    Alec

Hey Alec, this one thread you found was from over two years ago, not three months!

Many blessings!
    Victor

Well, if a thousand years is as a day to the Lord, then perhaps 2 years is a couple months to Alec. Couldn't resist the little rib poke there bro.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryfl View Post
    Well, if a thousand years is as a day to the Lord, then perhaps 2 years is a couple months to Alec. Couldn't resist the little rib poke there bro.
    I'll get you for that ,Gregory-fly- by night.

hi gregoryfl

let see what it says;;2Pe 3:3 First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.
    2Pe 3:4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”
    2Pe 3:5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water.
    2Pe 3:6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.
    2Pe 3:7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
    2Pe 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
    2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

it says that a day is like a 1000years and a 1000years like a day,

God also says in Gen;Ge 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die

that day you will die ;we know Adam never lived more than 930years so he never lived a full day ,and so is it with any one men .

Hos 6:2 After two days he will revive us;
    on the third day he will restore us,
    that we may live in his presence.

so two days would be 2000 years and the third could it be the millenium??wander

Jesus died more or less in 30AD so could it be 2030 or so??

this is not concrete truth,just a thought

regards

Pierre

bobcarver Guest

Time

as I researched a man named Salem Kirban ran into this thread. By the way, the last I heard regarding Salem is he is peddling blue algae as a cure all and claiming it is the same manna from heaven God fed Israel as they wandered in the desert. Be careful of this one and his writings for it is evident he is a false prophet. Now my thoughts on time. God created time as it is a measurement of movement and the universe we live in is one where there is movement and distance. So light takes a measurable moment to travel from point A to point B. The earth spins around once and we call it a day. It travels one revolution around the sun and we call that a year. God always has been and always will be. A million years from now God is already there. A million years in the past God is currently there, now. We know that the universe we are in has a beginning and an end. Here's a mind boggling question. How many universes do you suppose God has created? God knows the future because He is already there. I am grateful for God's mercy and grace, for His gift of eternal life available to all who choose to accept it through understanding His love and submitting, surrendering our wills to His.

Thread Information