Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Job

Job

Red relates the biblewheel at the book level, in this case Spoke 18.
    Blue relates the biblewheel at the chapter level, in this case Spoke 1.
    Purple relates the biblewheel at the inner text level.

Look at the inner text level, the 4 calamities that came upon Job.

Where it says that one escaped to tell Job that can be because it's the 1st chapter or because it's one person escaping inner text level but is related to Genesis 14.
    Last edited by gilgal; 08-01-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    I don't know if you can view this pic.

Where it says that one escaped to tell Job that can be because it's the 1st chapter or because it's one person escaping inner text level but is related to Genesis 14.
    The Book of Job was often a puzzle to me though I believe the lessons the Book of Job teaches us. The Book of Job is regarded by some as possibly being the oldest book of the Bible.

I now tend to agree that the Book of Job is written in the style of a play. The Book of Job might not be real events. If the book of Job is a play, the facts are fictitious, but this does not mean the lessons are any less valuable. We can similarly learn lessons from the Book of the Psalms and Proverbs and the Song of Solomon, even though these books are written in a poetic style.

The phrase; "only one escaped to tell Job" is the type of dramatization we find in plays. Now if we can accept that the Book of Job is written in the style of a play and the characters are not real, this means that Satan is not a real character in the Book of Job. If we can accept this, it greatly alters the picture of Satan that has been built up by those who claim Satan is a fallen Angel of God as the reference in Job cannot be taken as real.

Doing a quick word search in the New Testament writings there is only one reference to Job which is found in James 5:11 and refers to; "the patience of Job". This is a lesson we learn from the Book of Job and goes to show that we can learn the lessons God wants us to learn and that the characters in the Book of Job did not have to be a real people.

All the best,

David
    Last edited by David M; 08-01-2012 at 02:45 AM.

Thread Information